• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft just fucked up Tetris (glitching, freezing, frame drops, tearing)

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
198fecd6-picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

How can Tetris even have framerate issues?

3bdelilah

Banned
I honestly thought my PC was having a rough time, odd considering I have no problems whatsoever watching/streaming 1080p vids. How can they butcher something this relatively easy? I mean just the menu lagged like shittt

I was SO hesitant to buy this game. But I love Tetris and couldn't believe Ubisoft could fucked it up. And yet... here we go.

Going by the reviews for the 3DS version even at peak framerates we're left with a pretty pedestrian port of the game with fewer features than Tetris DS. So even if they fix this glitchy bullshit, it's not worth anybody's money.

I made Tetris my first year in university... it ran fine and I made it in two weeks. It's a pretty standard computer graphics exercise that only the worst students had trouble with. Glad those guys ended up getting hired by Ubisoft.

pejxB.gif

IT'S TETRIS

A BUNCH OF RECTANGULAR SHAPES FALLING DOWN

CALCULATORS CAN RUN THIS

YOU CAN PLAY TETRIS USING BUILDINGS

HOW DO YOU EVEN

BWAHHHHHHHHH

Loudninja

holy fuck, everything is broken. menus are broken, game is sluggish as fuck, loading is broken, many visual effects are broken, controls don't function sometime or there is significant input lag in TETRIS

RIGOROUS ATTENTION TO QUALITY CONTROL CONFIRMED UBISOFT

the FUCK
Damn son,I just watch a bit of the vid but like everything is broken?

daydream

Banned
WTF at that video. I am speechless.

Even the Game Boy version runs smoother than this! wtf the fuck?

Like someone else mentioned, it runs 1000x more smoothly on a calculator, even (and I played a LOT of Tetris on my calculator in school).

Xater

They literally have no QA right? I mean there can be no other explanation for something like this.

I also blame Sony cert who let something like this through.

Sushi Nao

Ohh my Goddd

Ubisoft keeps on giving and giving

Like I want games to be good, and it sucks when they're broken

But it looks so, so good on them and their "people should be paying 200$ for a game" bullshit

How did Sony certify this?

Makes me wonder if they're just giving Ubi the rope to hang themselves with by this point. Sony lost money on The Crew and AC:U too

They literally have no QA right? I mean there can be no other explanation for something like this.

I also blame Sony cert who let something like this through.

They have QA.

What they don't have are a management structure that respects the things QA finds or respects what modern consumers pay for.

Amir0x

Banned
Damn son,I just watch a bit of the vid but like everything is broken?

Ok, here's how bad it is.

The UBISOFT LOGO doesn't even come in properly.

Menu logos and words glitch out like they're in the fucking Animus. other graphics look fucked up sometimes, other times work.

Loading just straight up stops functioning for a bit, looks like game froze, eventually works after endless time.

Huge input lag on some commands during the tetris game; other times his input won't work.

Game is fucking sluggish as hell at times.

And, according to the video, it works fine on 3DS and XBO.

Ubisoft is a fucking joke account company.

This game is literally a programming exercise. It is one of the first things you make as a test to see if you can put together a decent game.

Going by the reviews for the 3DS version even at peak framerates we're left with a pretty pedestrian port of the game with fewer features than Tetris DS. So even if they fix this glitchy bullshit, it's not worth anybody's money.

Oh, and there is a 'Store' as well.

So, of course they'll try to sell us more content down the line.

Surprised it doesn't cost money to use certain shapes.

BY2K

Membero Americo
How do you make Tetris run like shit on a system with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM and a Eight-Core Processor!? HOW!?

It's beyond comprehension!

Nibel

"Sir, there's still another 2 weeks until 2015, and frankly, our estimates for Total Accumulated Fuckery are way below projections. We need to act fast."

*Yves open desk drawer, hits big red button inside*

Sure that Tetris game looks terrible but I have no idea how violence against the Sonic Boom devs solves anything

High school students learning to code can make a more competent, stable game than this. It's god damn blocks, you can't screw that up.

Asbear

Banned
Wow, how far you can fall in just a couple of years. Jesus, Ubisoft is like the new EA, except probably even worse.

Yudoken

Year of the UbiFails.
I didn't even buy a game in years and I'm still experiencing terrible problems with a game which should be working without problems (Splinter Cell Blacklist).
I can't get this game running, fuck.

Top Bottom