• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 01/19 - 01/25

Atreides said:
Sequels would most likely sell a lot of software, but not a lot of hardware. People who could be interested in those games most likely already have a DS.

Doesn't matter. Nintendo has shown that they can also develop new IPs that sell a lot of software and hardware.

markatisu said:
Especially since it is doing just great in the EU and US

It has sold 2.5m through Jan but yet JP counts for only like 15% of that total
Well, 15% sounds about right for hardware and other major games like MK Wii and Super Mario Galaxy as well. Japan is a minor fraction of Wii action.

Glad to see Nintendo being repudiated for their all-systems-failure on software development and deployment; glad to see Square-Enix being mega-fucking-repudiated on their totally botched risk-aversion strategy of slapping the FF name on things; I guess good Tales PSP sales don't really count as a repudiation but I do think it's illustrative of how poor the overall Tales brand strategy is that this game is lookingg to outsell the recent "mothership" titles.

donny2112 said:
There are likely other factors involved than simply who developed the games, but I don't know what specific games you're referring to.

The one that comes to mind immediately is Spyro in the US, where both critical and commercial success fell off a cliff when Insomniac moved on from developing. Again, I'd say the FF series demonstrates sensitivity to this point. Suikoden's crash and burn after Suikoden IV is pretty much attributable to this as well.

Anyway!

A given developer doesn't have infinite resources; they have time to develop a set number of titles per time period X, and just constantly expanding until you become some enormous behemoth is neither tremendously viable nor desirable for most development houses. That means your strategy has to be based around allocating those resources usefully and managing growth until you reach the size you want to be.

Saying that part of this investment should be dversifying your investment is like 101-level strategy, even if many developers can't seem to implement it. Obviously you want to keep nurturing your hits so they become regular streams of revenue; obviously you want to put out trial balloons to find out what series can become your next hit; obviously you want to train successors to your valuable employees so you have someone to replace them with when they leave. That's all very straightforward strategic growth, and when you follow it successfully you end up looking a lot like Nintendo in the NES-SNES era, or Squaresoft in the SNES-PSX era.

What these developers don't do is put top franchises in incapable hands; they just slow down the frequency of franchise entries and make sure their producers spend time on new ideas as well as guaranteed hits, and do good succession planning so there are young turks chomping at the bit to become AAA stars when an opening presents itself.

I mean, if this is all you want developers to do, well then that's cool, but what it sounds like to me is that you're basically arguing for a variant of the Activision strategy, which is pretty actively bad for game consumers and I don't think is particularly sustainable for game series for which quality is at all important in driving sales....

goompapa

test_account said:
How do you mean? PES is a multiplatform game. It was released on the PS3 and the Xbox 360 the same day if i am not mistaken. Sure, they didnt make a DS version of this year's PES, and the Wii version still isnt out yet, that is fair enough, but PES is still a multiplatform game :)

I was saying that jest, after thouroughly enjoying seeing Konami's retarded strategy backfire.

But really, their decision to put PES on the HD family first is purely to get their fanbase to get a PS3. If they want to sell the most software the logical thing to do would be to release the game on the platform where most of the game's fans are 1st(PS2).

I can't help but feel most of Konami's decisions have been pro Sony and I don't think I am the only one. I figure Konami have put alot of resources into the PS3 and are doing everything in their might to get PS3 on top, even at their own risk.

Rpgmonkey

Though I don't care for the game itself, go RM! :)

Main game on the PSP would be interesting, though I want one more because I think the Hearts team is actually really good, and I want the group to stay as a Tales team and see what they can do on a stronger handheld.

test_account

XP-39C²
goompapa said:
I was saying that jest, after thouroughly enjoying seeing Konami's retarded strategy backfire.

But really, their decision to put PES on the HD family first is purely to get their fanbase to get a PS3. If they want to sell the most software the logical thing to do would be to release the game on the platform where most of the game's fans are 1st(PS2).

I can't help but feel most of Konami's decisions have been pro Sony and I don't think I am the only one. I figure Konami have put alot of resources into the PS3 and are doing everything in their might to get PS3 on top, even at their own risk.
Sure, i also dont think Konami made exactly the best decition by splitting the release dates on the different versions of PES 2009 like they did, i agree :)

I do think it is an interesting question topic that you talk about, why Konami chose to do it like this. It can be because they wanted to get their fanbase to get a PS3 and that they have put alot of resources into the PS3 like you said, i think this is a very possible answer to why Konami did what they did with PES 2009 regarding releasing the different versions at a different time.

I also have another though, could it also be that people in general is starting to lose the interest in the PS2, and that this might also affect the PES 2000 PS2 version software sale? Of course, the later release after the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version probably had much to say too just to underline that.

To take an example, FIFA 08 for the PS2 reached the "Double Platinum" status (over 600k copies sold) in the UK, but FIFA 09 for the PS2 has so far "only" reached the "Gold" status (200k copies sold). FIFA 08 has been out for a longer time than FIFA 09 though, so maybe this has something to say, but i would be suprised if FIFA 09 for the PS2 reaches the "Double Platinum" status.

I know that this Media Create thread is about the japanese sales and that i just mentioned some UK sales stuff, but i am wondering if the same situation can be the case in Japan as well as in the UK.

Maybe Konami thinks this way, that they think that the PS2 software sales is about to go downwards and downwards in the next years that will come, and they want to try to move the PES franchice over the the HD consoles to "secure" (or what i shall say) how the future will be, since the HD consoles will most likely likely "take over" for the PS2 in the future if you know what i mean?

On the other hand, i dont think this quite explains why Konami wouldnt want to release all of the PES 2009 versions at the same time. They could just have done it and see how all the versions sold anyway, at least in my opinion. If for example the PS2 version of PES 2009 had sold maybe 200k - 300k more copies if it was released at the same time as the PS3 and the Xbox version, then i cant quite see how Konami where thinking about this situation. Maybe they thought that the PS2 version of PES 2009 would sell good even if they released it at a later time like they did? That they first wanted to released the Xbox 360 and the PS3 version first to make as much money as possible on those, and then hoping that the PS2 version of PES 2009 would sell good even with the later release?

But ye, i agree with what you say about what Konami did regarding the different release dates on the different versions of PES 2009. I think it should be interesting to see how PES 2009 will end up selling in total over all the platforms compared to how PES 2008 sold in total over all the platforms :)

I understand what you mean about "Keep crawling deeper in Sony's @ss ! :) My question was a genuine question, i was just curious about what you ment, i didnt have any negative tone in my question or anything like that just to underline that (i am not saying that you accuse me of this, i just wanted to mention it anyway :)). Thanks for the answer! :)

spwolf

goompapa said:

so Konami delayed Sony PS2 version to be Pro Sony? :lol

I am curious - was innovative PES Wii control system also part of their Pro Sony campaign or?

They are putting a lot of resources in PS3 because thats whats going to be on the market in next few years, and thats where they are least competitive.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
bttb said:
First Day Sales (01/29)
[PSP] Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (Bandai Namco) - 135,000 (70%)

It seems to deserve it.

Word on the street is that Radiant Mythology 2 is probably the best entry in the Tales of the World franchise. It seems like it got a larger budget for the second PSP iteration.

I have no hope for a USA release, so I will likely order off play-asia in 1 or 2 weeks.

Spiegel said:
Wow Tales, 135k first day?
It's going to outsell all the DS/PSP/Wii Tales games easily

Namco Bandai should think about releasing a main Tales on psp

Not necessarily, the PSP release of the original did well, and the improvements (from what I hear) make the sales worth it.

spwolf said:
so Konami delayed Sony PS2 version to be Pro Sony? :lol

I am curious - was innovative PES Wii control system also part of their Pro Sony campaign or?

They are putting a lot of resources in PS3 because thats whats going to be on the market in next few years, and thats where they are least competitive.

In Japan? Crazy.

Or are you just talking about selling PES in Europe?

Hcoregamer00

A tales PSP game built from the ground up by one of the Tales studios would be amazing. I would import it in a heartbeat because Radiant Mythology 1 got me drooling at the idea of full fledged Tales game.

Radiant Mythology looks great on the PSP, and the damn game was made on a shoestring budget by a not-so-amazing developer (alfa systems), and it was created when all PSP games had the CPU locked at 66% of the actual system's power.

donny2112

charlequin said:
The one that comes to mind immediately is Spyro in the US, where both critical and commercial success fell off a cliff when Insomniac moved on from developing.

Do you know if the main developers at Insomniac were in a position to guide development and force design decisions, if necessary? For the strategy to work, the original developers have to be both interested in keeping the brand strong and in a position to force changes in the development of the game by the secondary/outsourced group.

charlequin said:
Saying that part of this investment should be dversifying your investment is like 101-level strategy, even if many developers can't seem to implement it. Obviously you want to keep nurturing your hits so they become regular streams of revenue; obviously you want to put out trial balloons to find out what series can become your next hit; obviously you want to train successors to your valuable employees so you have someone to replace them with when they leave. That's all very straightforward strategic growth,

Pretty much, yeah. :) I didn't think it was too outrageous a concept. Just trying to reduce the company's risk to a single series bombing out by using your best talent to try to create new revenue streams, whenever possible. As mentioned at the beginning, it's sort of like my understanding of 3M's strategy of requiring 30% of their revenue each year to come from new product lines (After some investigation, it's 30% of their revenue needs to come from product lines introduced in the last four years. Same basic concept, though). Force growth to actively stave off stagnation.

charlequin said:
I mean, if this is all you want developers to do, well then that's cool,

I believe that pretty much covers it, yeah. :)

charlequin said:
but what it sounds like to me is that you're basically arguing for a variant of the Activision strategy,

What would Activision's strategy be? The only thing I usually associate to Activision as a strategy is requiring annual releases, and I don't want that to become the norm.

justchris

bcn-ron said:
If this is some kind of backlash for that town-building WiiWare game that shall not be named, I say it's well deserved.

Why would their be backlash over the best game in the series?
If it's backlash over releasing the exact same game on Wii & DS with absolutely no benefit to owning either version, I'm cool with that.

bcn-ron said:
If this is some kind of backlash for that town-building WiiWare game that shall not be named, I say it's well deserved.

I think it's pretty unlikely that this game is getting backlash from a nigh-universally lauded game in an entirely different genre which bears basically no relation to this new release besides the subtitle, rather than getting backlash from a same-genre game on one of the same platforms that got lousy reviews and was missing key features.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
PantherLotus said:
2rqdesw.gif

I think our beloved, little apes escaped their cages and they are in control of SCE now. Rant to follow.

List of PS3 SCE-published games

So they basically release all their games at either 5000 or 6000Y for two years and then...bam!:
Resistance 2 - 6980Y
White Knight Chronicles - 6980Y

Just a coincidence? Lets see upcoming games:
Demon's Souls - 6980Y
Killzone 2 - 6980Y

And Killzone 2 is their Golden Week game showing once again their perfectly reasonable planning capabilities.

Must be that their own japanese studios are too busy releasing games on the PSP. Lets see their following effort. Mmmm, its actually a Media.Vision game from Wild Arms fame. And its coming next Thursday.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/enkaku/
How nice of them, they opened the website the 3rd of October and updated it ONCE on the 8th of October. And that's it.

The game will be released next week, it was rated by Famitsu and another magazine. The amount of hype of the japanese must be piercing heaven and hell by now.

Must be a coincidence. There must be a truckload of support coming after this little carried-away black sheep. Let's see their lineup:
- Resistance Retribution, nice, I'm sure the japanese will like the texture-swapped Syphon Filter gameplay. Oh wait, they didn't release a single Syphon Filter PSP game in Japan.
- Minna no Golf Portable 2 The Best! re-release, fucking giant effort I tell you.
- Ape Quest, oh my, isn't this downloadable since a year ago? Yes, it is.
- Juusei to Diamond. Nice, a new IP from SCEJ themselves. Let's have a look at the website:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/jyudai/
Opened on the 3rd of October and updated on the 8th and 9th of the same month and never again. Hey, doesn't this sound familiar?

- Lineup ends here
Oh. Must be a fuckload of coincidences. Apes are smarter than that.

All-Time Top15 Publisher in Japan - Update (I've added 329 games since the last breakdown).

Total number of games: 5.504
Total number of units: 846.049.276
Average: 153.715

Number of games / Publisher / Units total / Average / Total market share / Growth of market share since last breakdown
Code:
410x Nintendo		274.212.808		668.812		32,41% (- 0,11%)
558x Konami		65.438.856		117.274		 7,74% (- 0,02%)
98x  Square		52.938.078		540.185		 6,26% (- 0,11%)
276x Capcom		50.030.599		181.270		 5,91% (-------)
276x SCE		47.282.788		171.315		 5,59% (- 0,01%)
283x Bandai		37.708.562		133.246		 4,46% (- 0,06%)
328x Sega		35.338.271		107.739		 4,18% (- 0,03%)
51x  Enix		35.190.764		690.015		 4,16% (- 0,06%)
157x Namco		31.566.291		201.059		 3,73% (- 0,05%)
118x Square Enix	30.425.417		257.843		 3,60% (+ 0,07%)
192x Bandai Namco	20.273.318		105.590		 2,40% (+ 0,15%)
122x Hudson		17.835.514		146.193		 2,11% (+ 0,02%)
185x Koei		17.712.240		95.741		 2,09% (-------)
128x Banpresto		17.592.588		137.442		 2,08% (- 0,02%)
75x  Atlus		6.128.022		81.707		 0,72% (+ 0,01%)

For Comparison the last update: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14057666&postcount=230

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
And Killzone 2 is their Golden Week game showing once again their perfectly reasonable planning capabilities.
A bit of a tangent. I know Killzone 2 is a much bigger deal than the original, but I wondered how the earlier games in the series did in Japan. It seems that the PSP one wasn't released there at all. GameFAQs says Sega released the PS2 one in late 2005, but it apparently didn't make the weekly Top 30 or yearly Top 500 lists.

JoshuaJSlone said:
A bit of a tangent. I know Killzone 2 is a much bigger deal than the original, but I wondered how the earlier games in the series did in Japan. It seems that the PSP one wasn't released there at all. GameFAQs says Sega released the PS2 one in late 2005, but it apparently didn't make the weekly Top 30 or yearly Top 500 lists.
Yeah, it was Sega. SCEJ just likes to treat these kind of games coming from SCEA or SCEE like this, doesn't fit their image or such excuses. Similar cases to Sega Killzone would be Capcom picking God of War up or Spike picked the first Syphon Filter up (no others have made it I think).

SCEE case is way worse imo, Formula 1/Wipeout made it sometimes but stuff like Eye Toy, Singstar or Buzz is just a no go, and that was humongous in Europe. Puzzling.

I guess they see their image totally toast by now so there's no shame picking up western FPS. Or just trying to hide how abysmal their japanese output has turned into.

Hcoregamer00 said:
A tales PSP game built from the ground up by one of the Tales studios would be amazing. I would import it in a heartbeat because Radiant Mythology 1 got me drooling at the idea of full fledged Tales game.

Radiant Mythology looks great on the PSP, and the damn game was made on a shoestring budget by a not-so-amazing developer (alfa systems), and it was created when all PSP games had the CPU locked at 66% of the actual system's power.
Hell, Alfa Systems should probably do the PSP main Tales. They did Tales of Innocence, and that wasn't so bad.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Spiegel said:
They are waiting for the release of Motion+ to announce gam... Oh, wait

FUCK YOU SCEJ

Thank God for 3rd parties aye?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So they basically release all their games at either 5000 or 6000Y for two years and then...bam!:
Resistance 2 - 6980Y
White Knight Chronicles - 6980Y

This is still a 1,000 yen cheaper then every other HD game for this generation though, these games are actually budget priced when you compare them to square-enix's x-box 360 games(not that it matters as they all price collapse within a month)

Spiegel

schuelma said:
Thank God for 3rd parties aye?

Yes, third parties are "getting-it" better than SCE right now

On an unrelated note I'm still convinced that at least one of these games: Metal Gear Solid Portable, Devil May Cry Portable, Monster Hunter or Gran Turismo Portable are going to be announced and released this year.

Portable Ops 2 or DMC:p being the more likely candidates

schuelma

Spiegel said:
Yes, third parties are "getting-it" better than SCE

On an unrelated note I'm still convinced that at least one of these games: Metal Gear Solid Portable, Devil May Cry Portable, Monster Hunter or Gran Turismo Portable are going to be announced and released this year.

I don't see Monster Hunter until 2010 given that it doesn't look like MH3 will release until the late part of the year. I think DMC is very likely.

schuelma said:
I don't see Monster Hunter until 2010 given that it doesn't look like MH3 will release until the late part of the year. I think DMC is very likely.

i could easily see a RE outbreak game from capcom, instead of DMC, maybe even a port of the first one in a MHG-esque way. the game is already made for co-op, add to that the RE brand and could easily be a golden egg for capcom.

Spiegel

°°ToMmY°° said:
i could easily see a RE outbreak game from capcom, instead of DMC, maybe even a port of the first one in a MHG-esque way. the game is already made for co-op, add to that the RE brand and could easily be a golden egg for capcom.

Agreed. An Outbreak psp should be a no-brainer.

SCE should do whatever it takes to get a simultaneous release or a minimal delayed release at least. They could have a killer Christmas with Kingdom Hearts, Gran Turismo and Monster Hunter. Now they only (supposedly) have Kingdom Hearts

Remember what Kutaragi said in 2004: "People who want to play with Pikachu will need Nintendo's new-style DS machine but those who want to play our racing game Gran Turismo 4 will need a PSP, right?"

Yes, fuck you too Kutaragi

I'm sorry, I'm just bitter

schuelma

Spiegel said:
SCE should do whatever it takes to get a simultaneous release or a minimal delayed release at least. They could have a killer Christmas with Kingdom Hearts, Gran Turismo and Monster Hunter.

I don' think its just as easy as SCE getting whatever it wants.

Spiegel

schuelma said:
I don' think its just as easy as SCE getting whatever it wants.

It shouldn't be easy, but with Monster Hunter selling 2800k+ on the psp I suppose Sony should have something to say.

jarrod

Banned
Spiegel said:
They are waiting for the release of Motion+ to announce gam... Oh, wait

FUCK YOU SCEJ
Weird as it sounds, Nintendo's JP lineup actually reminds me bit of how SCEJ's portfolio used to look. Lots of quirky, low key, new stuff. They're even using some of the same development partners (Shift, Gaia, etc).

jarrod

Banned
Spiegel said:
It shouldn't be easy, but with Monster Hunter selling 2800k+ on the psp I suppose Sony should have something to say.
To Capcom? PSP needs Monster Hunter far more than the reverse imo, the last thing SCE needs to be doing is throwing (what little's left) of their weight around.

Spiegel

jarrod said:
To Capcom? PSP needs Monster Hunter far more than the reverse imo, the last thing SCE needs to be doing is throwing (what little's left) of their weight around.

Yes, I'm implying they should talk (throw money or something) to Capcom.

Monster Hunter has done a lot for PSP but now I think Monster Hunter also needs psp (or a console with a similar gaming experience). We know Ad-hoc gaming (psp) for MH is huge but online gaming (wii) is not proven yet.

Link said:
We should start a club. I'm sure the Nintendo fans in these threads are sick of my bitterness.

Yeah, I feel your pain :(

schuelma

Spiegel said:

Monster Hunter has done a lot for PSP but now I think Monster Hunter also needs psp (or a console with a similar gaming experience). We know Ad-hoc gaming (psp) for MH is huge but online gaming (wii) is not proven yet.

Everyone knows MH3 PSP will come out, but I don't see how it is a benefit to Capcom to release them both at the same time when they could get the maximum results from MH3 Wii and then release the PSP version 6 months later or whatever. What possible benefit is there to Capcom in that scenario?

Spiegel

schuelma said:
Everyone knows MH3 PSP will come out, but I don't see how it is a benefit to Capcom to release them both at the same time when they could get the maximum results from MH3 Wii and then release the PSP version 6 months later or whatever. What possible benefit is there to Capcom in that scenario?

This is Capcom. They supported Dc/Gc and announced the ps2 version of Resident Evil months before the Gc version was released.

But that wasn't my point, I'm just saying SCE should have something big this year if they want to continue doing fine with psp in Japan. It's just that at this point it seems like they don't care.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Spiegel said:
This is Capcom. They supported Dc/Gc and announced the ps2 version of Resident Evil months before the Gc version was released.

But that wasn't the point, I'm just saying that SCE should have something big this year if they want to continue doing fine with psp in Japan. It's just that at this point it seems like they don't care.
Unless they want it to wind down.. MH3P launch title for PSP2.

RpgN

Hcoregamer00 said:
It seems to deserve it.

Word on the street is that Radiant Mythology 2 is probably the best entry in the Tales of the World franchise. It seems like it got a larger budget for the second PSP iteration.

I have no hope for a USA release, so I will likely order off play-asia in 1 or 2 weeks.

I can't see how it got larger budget. They're using the same engine (which they made it the first time with ToW1), they're re-using many of the monsters and all the characters that appeared in ToW1 (right down with the animation), it looks like the battle mechanism is unchanged with 2 small new things added, even the dungeons look very similar. The camp menu looks totally different and they added more characters. And there's this new ship to navigate and a very slight update with the presentation. The budget looks smaller or maybe the same where they spended more money on voice actors for the 50 Tales characters.

donny2112

JoshuaJSlone said:
GameFAQs says Sega released the PS2 one in late 2005, but it apparently didn't make the weekly Top 30 or yearly Top 500 lists.

#41 in Media-Create in its release week of Oct 24-30, 2005.

bttb said:
F-ism.net's Sample shows the TOP50 for 2005/10/31-2005/11/06 (Killzone's 2nd week).

*sputters* Yes!
YES_fist_pump.jpg

(I like getting to see old, but new-to-me, data sources like that.)

Thanks, bttb. :D

Spiegel

Sage00 said:
Unless they want it to wind down.. MH3P launch title for PSP2.

I hope not

I can't see how it got larger budget. They're using the same engine (which they made it the first time with ToW1), they're re-using many of the monsters and all the characters that appeared in ToW1 (right down with the animation), it looks like the battle mechanism is unchanged with 2 small new things added, even the dungeons look very similar. The camp menu looks totally different and they added more characters. And there's this new ship to navigate and a very slight update with the presentation. The budget looks smaller or maybe the same where they spended more money on voice actors for the 50 Tales characters.

Yeah, the dungeons look like shit (in the videos at least). They are blocky enviroments with lots of fog.

TotW: RM2 looks pretty average for a psp game.

Hcoregamer00

RpgN said:

Well, I am just reiterating what I read on other locations.

I will import it pretty soon and give full detailed impressions later.

With that said, when did you get tagged?

jarrod

Banned
Spiegel said:

Oh yeah, Sony should definitely be talking to Capcom and doing everything the can to get the game on PSP as soon as possible. But any attempt to strongarm would undoubtedly blow up in their face... they need to seduce here.

Also, the Wii version has local co-op too (2p splitscreen), though it's obviously not the same as PSP ad-hoc. Capcom is looking to MH3 to push the franchise in the west though, which is something Wii's base obviously gives a huge immediate advantage in, plus Nintendo's planning to help promote it as well, which given their current position is something Sony couldn't hope to match. And honestly, given the TGS response, I think the Wii launch may surprise in just Japan alone still...

Spiegel said:
The RE4 example gets used waaaaay too often. It was a special case, the game was on an already failed platform and management pretty much forced the PS2 version to be announced early to appease shareholders. It's basically the only time in Capcom's history we've seen that happen as well, they almost always wait to announce year (or less) later ports after the original release (SF2 PCE/MD, Slam Masters MD, RE SS, SFA3 DC/SS, CVX PS2, Genma Onimusha, auto modellista GC/Xbox, VJ1 PS2, MMBN5 DS, etc, etc).

We'll undoubtedly see MHP3... in 2010, and announced a good 6-12 months after the Wii exclusive launch.

Spiegel

That was my point. I'm not blaming Capcom for trying to maximize the sales, I'm blaming SCE for doing (apparently) nothing.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
*SCE rant*
Well at least third parties are picking up the slack. Ryu Ga Gotoku 3, Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid, Gundam, and Street Fighter IV will probably be some of the biggest sellers of the month. With Kingdom Hearts DS delayed the top 10 third party sellers for the month will be pretty Sony dominate, with SO4 and maybe 1 or 2 DS releases like Shining Force Feather and Game Center CX joining in. Other than that it's just niche releases on all platforms, and Wii has no third party sellers for February at all (the best it has is a downgraded Dead Rising). Not to mention Tenchu 4 PSP will probably outsell the Wii version. February is so bad where Wii and third parties are concerned it's laughable. :lol

As for beyond that, with the way things are getting announced these days, especially for Japan, it's not like we know about everything coming out in Q2. PS3/PSP don't look like they'll have a bad Q1 in Japan at all and SCE could have a game or 2 tucked away for Q2, right? Now if you want to rant about this wait till the last minute to reveal your cards strategy I'm with you 100%. There's good and bad sides to it obviously, but sometimes there aren't even any cards to reveal and we don't find out until it's too late to say much.

Top Bottom