• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add another level 80 to the pile.

Kwearri the Asura Mesmer

15297065494104768512_phkkv.jpg

Full exotic gear with traits, skills, etc. Everything that might be required to hop over to her any time she's needed.

Only the Ranger is left out of the group I originally leveled together. I'll finish him in the next day or two.

Previous Updates:

Glycia Silverpaw the Charr Engineer

Pantarwen the Sylvari Elementalist

Pyrok Bladeburn the Charr Guardian

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Say, what does the Log-in Ascended Chest give you? Is it the one where you craft 20-10-20-1 or the one where you craft with Ecto?

Boss Doggie

I don't understand those numbers, but it's 1-2 planks, damask, etc. Random.

Edit: plus a vision crystal and a lesser one I think

20-10-20-1 crafting (20 tier 2, 10 tier 3, 20 tier 4, 1 ecto-produced mat).

Ah good, I thought anet would give us the ecto-produced mats since they're "technically" ascended mats lol

Emitan

So, final day before season 2 final. What is everyone expecting to happen?

For me, I have no clue really. I feel like it will end on something pointless behind the rock where we left off. although Turai Ossa showing up maybe be a connection to some sort of ascension.

Also will there be any speculation with season 2 to the announcement on saturday the 24? more mystery that time will tell.

I'm not really the kind of person going on about speculating possible outcome, I'm just bored out of my mind with work and I'm mostly wondering HOW season 2 will end in comparison to season 1.

I think season 2's ending will lead into the expansion they are announcing later this month.

Feel free to laugh at this post when that's not the case and an expansion isn't announced.

Haven't played this game in like a month (since the last LS was released). I really wish ANet actually put some effort in dungeon design instead of scrapping the entire aspect completely in favor of LS events. I mean we still have the same 8 dungeons from launch and then fractals, and with fractals they haven't updated since early-mid LS1, before I even got into the game (which was a year ago).

Jira

Oh my....this certainly confirms an expansion.

Here's the trademark links

Direct Link: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?state=4809:aoawk1.2.1&f=toc&a_search=&p_s_ALL=NCSOFT

If the direct link doesn't work for any reason, you can search for the trademarks yourself using this site and searching for "NCSOFT": http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

To add to the hype train, the ONLY items on the patent office website that are Guild Wars related are all products that have been sold so all of GW1 versions, GW2, and now HoT.

Alright Colin, where do I insert my money?

Wallach

Oh my....this certainly confirms an expansion.

Here's the trademark links

Direct Link: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?state=4809:aoawk1.2.1&f=toc&a_search=&p_s_ALL=NCSOFT

If the direct link doesn't work for any reason, you can search for the trademarks yourself using this site and searching for "NCSOFT": http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

To add to the hype train, the ONLY items on the patent office website that are Guild Wars related are all products that have been sold so all of GW1 versions, GW2, and now HoT.

Alright Colin, where do I insert my money?

So probably a boxed expansion rather than a free one, then?

I highly suspect it will be free, as anet don't like splitting the playerbase.
That will totally make it a non typical expansion but is it worth it to them not to sell it.

Might be like a GW1 campaign where you don't need the main game to play it, or HoT just replaces current boxed version of game when you load it up you can either play past events (Zhaitan) or current events (Mordrremoth).

Probably a gem store item

A heart

Made of thorns
You already have a heart of thorns. Mr.NoExcitementForAnything.

spiritfox

That will totally make it a non typical expansion but is it worth it to them not to sell it.

Might be like a GW1 campaign where you don't need the main game to play it, or HoT just replaces current boxed version of game when you load it up you can either play past events (Zhaitan) or current events (Mordrremoth).

Locking stuff behind money will just segregate the population, which is something Anet doesn't want.

Unless you mean revamping the world entirely, and giving the older content as instanced content. That also has its problems of segregation, but that can work.

Wallach

Thing is, this is a trademark. Which means this logo is to be used on a sold product.

Kos is right in that it could be used to totally replace the "base" version of the game, though.

I agree it probably won't be like an expansion for other games, that's why I'm excited for Jan 24th, hope they let us know how HoT will be distributed.

It's gonna be a bit of a surprise for ANET this morning. I'm sure they didn't want this news out this early.

Thing is, this is a trademark. Which means this logo is to be used on a sold product.

Kos is right in that it could be used to totally replace the "base" version of the game, though.
day you come back all this excitement starts...you know something?

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, how come no one is doing CoE at this hour? Shit is easy.

Also is there really a fast HotW run? I've yet to encounter a group that speeds through HotW.

The living story is currently paused right? When does it start again? I've been unlocking the chapters every time they open and want to make sure I have all of them before any expansion hits so I can go through them, I played a few but didn't bother doing everything just yet.

spiritfox

The living story is currently paused right? When does it start again? I've been unlocking the chapters every time they open and want to make sure I have all of them before any expansion hits so I can go through them, I played a few but didn't bother doing everything just yet.

Last chapter today.

Jira

I really do think Kos is right though. I think that the most likely outcome here is that they make HoT the base game from now on (as in when you buy GW2, you get everything for one price). This would mean that it's free to any current owner of the game, but still costs money for new players. This would effectively solve the player base segregation that ANet doesn't want.

I really do think Kos is right though. I think that the most likely outcome here is that they make HoT the base game from now on (as in when you buy GW2, you get everything for one price). This would mean that it's free to any current owner of the game, but still costs money for new players. This would effectively solve the player base segregation that ANet doesn't want.

They could charge current players a smaller fee maybe the $20 dollars and bring regular game price back up to 40-50$.

We will find out I guess.

Good having you back in the thread more regularly Jira.

Jira

They could charge current players a smaller fee maybe the $20 dollars and bring regular game price back up to 40-50$.

We will find out I guess.

Good having you back in the thread more regularly Jira.

I think this is the single nicest thing you've ever said to me. :p

5il3nc3r

Gaming side is not really fond of this game are they? Quite a number of "this game is huge disappointment" replies in the thread there.

Retro

Gaming side is not really fond of this game are they? Quite a number of "this game is huge disappointment" replies in the thread there.

Pretty standard, really. I suspect we'll see the usual faces spout their absurdly outdated hyperbolic commentary if they haven't already.

Pretty standard, really. I suspect we'll see the usual faces spout their absurdly outdated hyperbolic commentary if they haven't already.

Without even bothering to go to gaming side:

"I stopped playing this a few months after launch since I didn't like it, but here are my opinions on the game as if they constitute some kind of factual baseline/"
"Haven't played the game in over a year, and it hasn't changed at all, even though I've not logged in for over a year."
"Combat feels bad, because I prefer 2.5s GDC."
"Without an expansion shoving new carrots in my face, I just didn't know what to do and quit."
"Something something Trinity something."
"Ruined PvP ArenaNet incompetent."
"Yay expansion I hated Living Story even though I only ever saw one episode and never logged in again."

A few posts by people with WoW user icons...
A few more posts by people who shitpost in every single GW2 thread made on this board..
One or two "oh I always wanted to try this" posts, will be seeing them asking for guild invites soon.

Perhaps one post pre-empting the inevitable "GW2 defense force".
If we're lucky, the rare but inevidable "game was P2W it sucked".
If we get any posts with "game had no end-game wah without a gear treadmill live has no meaning", take a shot.
Random comparisons to GW1's business model and chapter release timings, because if a game did it once, all future games should do it exactly that way and screw the reality of different game styles and business models.

But I'm being cynical. Gaming side isn't that bad, but it does tend to have its cliches, which on occasion makes GAF look like a version of the GameFAQ forums but with better spelling.

Zeroth

Season 2 ends today. In order to bring new players and keep them updated, Colin announces the base game will be updated with a S2 package called "Heart of Thorns", which replaces the deluxe edition. The new deluxe edition will include previous datamined changes to the deluxe edition, such as Zodiac armor over GW1 remastered armors and S2 themed itens.

After announcing that, Colin spends the rest of the presentation talking about the upcoming trinity system.

You are welcome.

Wow. you are the worst. Love it.

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2015/01/13/guild-wars-2s-point-of-no-return-heart-of-thorns/
Looks like there is a name for that pulsating rose thorn thing in western Silverwastes.

Twookie

You're welcome to complain about the game here, we all do. It's ok if you don't like the game, but please keep it civil.

what i'm saying is that people that dislike the game probably won't stay around here in the community thread to complain about it, which make it seem like the gaming side has an enourmous amount of negativity.

spiritfox

Having a chance at looting the Carapace chest armor from the "Vinewrath" kinda makes it sound like a world boss.

I hope it's not the only way to get the chest piece. I've had enough of RNG.

what i'm saying is that people that dislike the game probably won't stay around here in the community thread to complain about it, which make it seem like the gaming side has an enourmous amount of negativity.

And they don't have to complain whenever a thread pops up concerning a game they don't like. I don't like a lot of AAA games coming out right now, but I don't pop in every thread to complain about it.

edit: Forget it, it's not worth pursuing down this line of argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom