• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

slider

BobTheFork said:
Is there a new video or screen, what's all the holy shitting about? looked through the last 2 pages a few times, link please?

From skimming the thread I think there was a media event today (and Sam's reaction) but the press embargo is in place until this Friday. I'm in Europe so cannot recall the timings (it was PST or EST or something).

BeeDog

I'm pumped for this game, GoW2 was mega-awesome. Damn, Uncharted 2 and possibly this game this year, good stuff for a gamer.

Tideas

Banned
slider said:
From skimming the thread I think there was a media event today (and Sam's reaction) but the press embargo is in place until this Friday. I'm in Europe so cannot recall the timings (it was PST or EST or something).

9AM PST

Not my personal info - just another user

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=927750&topic=48082446

New God of War III info from Gameinformer...

Posted 2/10/2009 3:32:57 PM
message detail

There's like 8 pages on it. Here's some facts on it...

- Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
- You can ride monsters like the Cyclops and "control".
- Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
- They made the weapons "better" so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don't get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
- The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
- Enemy AI's are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be "commanders" and control the other grunts.
- Enemies will look different, even if they're the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it's not like everyone looks the same.
- More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
- No multiplayer.
- Hades boss fight confirmed.

I only skimmed through it, so I'll add more stuff to it if I missed anything when I fully read it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
SamBishop said:
Holy. Shit.
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BeeDog

djblackice said:

message detail

- Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
- They made the weapons "better" so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don't get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
- Enemy AI's are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be "commanders" and control the other grunts.
- Enemies will look different, even if they're the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it's not like everyone looks the same.
- No multiplayer.

I only skimmed through it, so I'll add more stuff to it if I missed anything when I fully read it.

Not much info to chew on, but welcomed stuff nonetheless.

djblackice said:

message detail

- No multiplayer.

I gotta say: you have given me an erection.

djblackice said:

message detail

- No multiplayer.

Fuck. Yeah.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
djblackice said:
- No multiplayer.
YES!!!!

Awesome. Boo to the fewer bosses though, I recognize that they mean lots of design effort but I wanted to fight every Olympian and every Titan. GoW only seems to have about five of each, which is cool because nobody wants to fight Hestia anyway.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Dante said:
What about cryptic message board posts ? ;)

Sorry, no can do.

b6bp6e.jpg

Hopefully we get to take down the Gods in boss battles.

Actually, I bet the game has a God trying to take down a Titan and your goal is to scale each Titan (level) to reach the God (boss).

DMeisterJ

Banned
The 'Holy. Shit.' Could be bad though... What if it looks horrible!? I'm going to start spreading that the game looks like shit if you don't give me moar infos Mr. Bishop!

>_<

Cardon

djblackice said:

message detail

- No multiplayer.

24wufea.gif

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Hopefully we get to take down the Gods in boss battles.

Actually, I bet the game has a God trying to take down a Titan and your goal is to scale each Titan (level) to reach the God (boss).
Nah, it'll be more varied and awesome than that and, of course, Kratos needs to die at some point so he can fight his way out of Hades (again).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
badcrumble said:
Nah, it'll be more varied and awesome than that and, of course, Kratos needs to die at some point so he can fight his way out of Hades (again).

They should switch it up by having him fight his way into Hades this time.

jett

D-Member
Real interesting stuff there, especially regarding the weapons. Alternate weapons in the previous games were just crap.

Haunted

Amount on enemies on the screen sounds awesome, I fucking love Dynasty Warriors style gameplay.

edit: I swear I didn't see your post before, dralla. :lol

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Haunted said:
Amount on enemies on the screen sounds awesome, I fucking love Dynasty Warriors style gameplay.

edit: I swear I didn't see your post before, dralla. :lol

Just as long as the enemies have decent AI.

I hate when it just feels like you're cutting grass. Please don't make GOW3 a lawn mowing sim.

Haunted

Goreomedy said:
Just as long as the enemies have decent AI.

I hate when it just feels like you're cutting grass. I don't want GOW3 to be a lawn mowing sim.
The 'commander and grunts' bits seems to hint at that. Although I personally have nothing against large-scale mayhem against powerless fodder. :D

beast786

I am the only one thats a little dissapointed at less boss fights than GOW2. Personally i rather take less enemy per screen but more boss fights.

That Said...

I will sell my First born child to play GoW3 right now.

beast786 said:
I am the only one thats a little dissapointed at less boss fights than GOW2. Personally i rather take less enemy per screen but more boss fights.

That Said...

I will sell my First born child to play GoW3 right now.
Fewer boss fights is fine with me (even though I want to fight every Titan and every Olympian) if they're all up to the quality of the Colossus, the Kraken, Euryale, Zeus, the Minotaur, the Hydra, or the Fates. Perseus, Theseus, the Barbarian King, and Ares, even though they had fun finishing animations, weren't as epic as those others.

Dante

Rindain said:
What is this bullshit about 9:00 am Friday?

Why the fuck does Sony do this to us?

I get the embargo, but what I don't get is why you'd set the same embargo for yourself? I guess they don't want to scoop the press and piss em off.

Rindain

Banned
Dante said:
I get the embargo, but what I don't get is why you'd set the same embargo for yourself? I guess they don't want to scoop the press and piss em off.

I don't get the embargo either. What is the reasoning behind the 3 day delay?

Guled

Rindain said:
I don't get the embargo either. What is the reasoning behind the 3 day delay?
to give time for sites to get the info together of course, instead of making it a race on twitter

Decado

I don't think I want more enemies on screen. I don't want to see GoW3 turn completely into a button masher. I liked fighting few enemies and brutally killing them in interesting ways. I fear wading through a hoard of foes will diminish that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom