• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Azure J

As much as I hated the spoilers, they only make me fap moar to this game. From here to March 10 is now the most agonizing wait for a game in 2009 so far. :lol

Dascu

Wrath2X said:
The bosses look awesome really cant wait for this.

Oh and how long is the game??,what do most sites say.

EDIT:Also I noticed that the main character sounds a lot like snake.
I'm guessing 10 hours for the main game.

Edit: Try to
the spoiler stuff, guys.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, can people please be respectful of those of us trying to go on media blackout here? It's hard enough as is. =(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pitt_norton said:
... something only a technophile gives a shit about.
I'll still probably get it, but to those playing on HDTVs 480i vs. 480p makes a pretty big difference. It's not just technophile bullshit.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
diablopanqueque said:
How are those pics of the bosses spoilers? They've already been seen in multiple trailers for the game.
Which not everyone has watched, so why not just use text links?

Jocchan said:
Which not everyone has watched, so why not just use text links?

Well I could understand it if they were shown in ONLY gameplay videos but the trailer is completely different. I understand media blackout on gameplay videos but if you haven't watched the trailer for the game then that seems like one's own fault.

Volcynika

diablopanqueque said:
Well I could understand it if they were shown in ONLY gameplay videos but the trailer is completely different. I understand media blackout on gameplay videos but if you haven't watched the trailer for the game then that seems like one's own fault.

Some people see an intro announcement thing of a game and after reading more about it, decide to not watch new stuff (hell the RE5 trailers spoil a ton of stuff for people technically), it's not their fault they want to avoid spoilers, which means it's very fair of them to request not to have images posted in the official thread of the game before it's even out.

Trying to equate not watching gameplay vids versus not watching trailers doesn't work, they both show things people might not want to see yet.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Volcynika said:
Some people see an intro announcement thing of a game and after reading more about it, decide to not watch new stuff (hell the RE5 trailers spoil a ton of stuff for people technically), it's not their fault they want to avoid spoilers, which means it's very fair of them to request not to have images posted in the official thread of the game before it's even out.

Trying to equate not watching gameplay vids versus not watching trailers doesn't work, they both show things people might not want to see yet.
That's exactly what I think.

dyls

AstroLad said:
I'll still probably get it, but to those playing on HDTVs 480i vs. 480p makes a pretty big difference. It's not just technophile bullshit.

I have a Panny Plasma, and I've run the Wii in both 480i and 480p and can't tell any difference. So I doubt it will bother me too much.

CoolS

PREORDERED IT! Together with the soundtrack.
I am excited for this. I really hope it delivers. This is actually the first time I buy a realy gory game for my Nintendo console.

And asking again: Could someone maybe make my avatar Madworld ready?? I'd really appreciate it.

jts

...hate me...
Posting old avatar for future recovery purposes.

10hpqc7.png

So, UK/Euro GAF, are the sweet pre-order bonuses from some stores confirmed? I sent an email to game.co.uk inquiring about the t-shirt and got a reply asking for sauce on that pre-order bonuses info, since she wasn't aware of them. Still haven't replied since tho.

Guess it's time to change my avatar from MGS4.
Here is my original avatar, if one of you gents would be so kind as to take a whack at it I'd appreciate it.
24zb1nl.jpg

I was looking forward to the play-by-play announcers in the game, but after watching some videos, I have to say the dialog sucks ass. The sophomoric humor lacks any wit, and pointlessly throws profanity around enough to make a 10-year-old squeal with delight while playing with the volume low after his parents have gone to bed.

Ydahs

ace harding: private eye said:
I was looking forward to the play-by-play announcers in the game, but after watching some videos, I have to say the dialog sucks ass. The sophomoric humor lacks any wit, and pointlessly throws profanity around enough to make a 10-year-old squeal with delight while playing with the volume low after his parents have gone to bed.
The good thing is that it can be disabled. I personally am not into such tasteless jokes, so it's kind of a relief.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I bet you're a hit at parties

scitek

Bah, the lack of 480p is a huge deal for me. I played Tenchu: Shadow Assassins and my eyes wanted to bleed from the aliasing. I can't imagine how bad it will be on my HDTV with a black-and-white color palette.

KevinCow

Banned
Ydahs said:
The good thing is that it can be disabled. I personally am not into such tasteless jokes, so it's kind of a relief.
PUSSIES! [/John DiMaggio]

bdouble

scitek said:
Bah, the lack of 480p is a huge deal for me. I played Tenchu: Shadow Assassins and my eyes wanted to bleed from the aliasing. I can't imagine how bad it will be on my HDTV with a black-and-white color palette.

Yeah really concerning for me too. I just ordered a VGA adapter and won't be able to play this on my new monitor. :(

El-Suave

Just got my copy of the German magazine M! Games with a MadWorld review.

81 % - Bloody action with sensational graphics, great controls and lots of freedom for experimenting.

plank

El-Suave said:

81 % - Bloody action with sensational graphics, great controls and lots of freedom for experimenting.

Bailout.gif time.

later

El-Suave said:

So what were the negatives?

Dascu

later said:
Pros:
- Great violence
- Stylish graphics
- Creative gameplay

Cons:
- Far too brutal for a Wii game
- Graphics are weird
- Gameplay's not a straight beat-'m-up

plank

Dascu said:
Pros:
- Great violence
- Stylish graphics
- Creative gameplay

Cons:
- Graphics are weird

Wow that explains it. :/

Dascu said:
Pros:
- Great violence
- Stylish graphics
- Creative gameplay

Cons:
- Graphics are weird

too brutal for a wii game......:lol .......i can imagine most of their negatives for next-gen system games:

"hey this game has too much color for a ps3/x360 game...."

Jethro

Dascu said:
Cons:
- Graphics are weird

Are these really negative? I don't think so. Maybe I will pick up the M! Games.

El-Suave

later said:

The reviewer's complaints are that riding the motorcycle is boring compared to the rest of the game (those are only short passages though). Multiplayer is not much fun and the camera can be a bit chaotic when things are getting hectic. All relatively minor complaints I would say unless you want this to be a multiplayer game I guess.

A strong point of the game the reviewer mentioned surprised me: the game's story, why Jack is participating in the game, is interesting and gripping.

Overall it's a very positive review.

Eteric Rice

El-Suave said:
The reviewer's complaints are that riding the motorcycle is boring compared to the rest of the game (those are only short passages though). Multiplayer is not much fun and the camera can be a bit chaotic when things are getting hectic. All relatively minor complaints I would say unless you want this to be a multiplayer game I guess.

A strong point of the game the reviewer mentioned surprised me: the game's story, why Jack is participating in the game, is interesting and gripping.

Overall it's a very positive review.

Of course it is, it's MATSUNO RAAAAAAA.

Top Bottom