• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which is everyone's favorite amiibo so far?

As stated before, I'm in love with my Pit and I think only Ness or Robin could break such a bond

In this order for me:

1. King Dedede

2. Bowser

3. Meta Knight

Most are decent though and Mega Man does deserve a mention for being spot on and one of the better looking ones.

I don't have Pit.

King Dedede is especially well crafted. The slight gloss on the fur of his coat and rims of his hammer is clever touch. All three heavyweights look awesome honestly; DK and Bowser too.

Enforcer

This is my collection so far. That's Parks & Rec in the background for the curious.

amiibo%202015-02-23.jpg

I've been lucky in that I've gotten everyone I've wanted so far. For this next wave, all I really want is Pac Man (and Toad, if we're counting the SMB line). I've got a preorder for Toad, but the lack of US wave 4 preorders is making me nervous. I think my favorite one so far might be Bowser. I was impressed with how weighty he is and how solid he feels. The texturing on his shell is fantastic too. Mega Man is pretty slick too. I'd like Captain Falcon more if his pose didn't require that disturbingly placed clear support. :|

SaviourMK2

Let's see...

Sonic because he's my favorite character is Smash
Rosalina because I love the colors
Peach has nice details (her dress, you pervs)

I actually really also like the Mario amiibo for some reason.

Dominator

Dedede and Meta Knight are my favorite. When I got Meta a few days ago, I couldn't believe his wings were so large. Love the figure.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Dedede is definitely in the top. I can't decide between him, Mega Man, and Shulk. They're all so perfect!

Maitiú

If I could only have one of the ones that have been released, it would be Luigi. He is the epitome of badassery in Smash, and I cannot believe Nintendo had the courage to put his greatest move in trophy form, even though much (lesser evolved forms) of the human race would see him as an embarrassment to the amiibo collection. Nintendo nailed him. After that, Samus, then Toon Link.

Koppai

A local store is getting 8 Little Macs, and another 2 other stores are getting 4 Captain Falcon's each. Probably tomorrow if they didn't come today on the shuttle.

Koppai

How are you checking this?

I work at Best Buy. One of my coworkers said we can actually request another store to send an item to us. So he might try to get them to send over 2, doubt it will work. Will just go early tomorrow and see if they have gotten them yet.

Koppai

I want one so bad. No love for the West Coast in that regard though.

I'm not sure about all the regions/districts but I think I am able to check the whole country and stuff. I'm off today though but my friend wants one bad so trying to help him get it. He blames me for getting him into amiibo lol.

AdanVC

B-Na_2RCQAA7eOm.jpg

Mega Man is easily the best one. It's the one that most closely resembles the actual Smash model, and the glossy paint gives it a metallic look that fits the character very well. Not to mention no ugly stands whatsoever.

Samus would be second best for similar reasons, though she has clear stands at the bottom of her boots.

Amen. He actually looks exactly like the CG model on the game and since it doesn't have any stand, looks even more awesome. I think this is now my favorite Mega Man design. A design made by Nintendo and not Capcom... who would have thought?

Frogstep

I gotta agree about Mega Man. Easily the best looking one I have so far. I've heard some talk about Dedede but I won't have mine till spring so I can't say for sure. :p

Houston, Texas.

My store isn't getting any so far, it shows my whole district.

Ooo, I'm in Houston and would like to know what store(s) these Mac's will be in. Not having him is taunting me. :(

I work at Best Buy. One of my coworkers said we can actually request another store to send an item to us. So he might try to get them to send over 2, doubt it will work. Will just go early tomorrow and see if they have gotten them yet.

Sooo....how about checking the Northern VA area. No real reason...just wondering....

Insaniac

So which is everyone's favorite amiibo so far?

As stated before, I'm in love with my Pit and I think only Ness or Robin could break such a bond

Dedede is just awesome. His amiibo looks so good!

Plus he's so hefty, you could probably chuck him at someone if you needed to defend yourself in a pinch.

SaviourMK2

I have high expectations for the Greninja and Zero Suit Samus amiibos

EDIT: After thinking about it, is it weird that the box influences my favorite amiibos?

DDD would've been my favorite if I didn't get a fucked up one(which is really frustrating cause that's the one I was looking forward to the most) but alas its mega man and shulk, they're both extremely well built imo with bowser, fox and Rosa right after (in that order)

Josephl64

I have high expectations for the Greninja and Zero Suit Samus amiibos

EDIT: After thinking about it, is it weird that the box influences my favorite amiibos?

I throw away the boxes instantly while many cut them so that they can keep the card...maybe I'm the odd one out

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Other thread might be dead so I'm going to repost it here.

every. single. pokemon.

Imagine this.

GameFreak decide to make a new Pokemon game for mainline. (7th Generation) They decided to do something new with the Amiibo concept.

1. You can't transfer any pokemon from previous games to 7th Generation.

2. You only can capture brand new pokemon in the wild, and there wouldn't be any old pokemon in the wild. Also it would apply to other things like NPC trading, etc.

3. Only way you could get old pokemon in your game is buying specific pokemon Amiibo that you want.

4. They would only print 500k Amiibo for specific Legendary Pokemon to emphasize it's rarity. (YES, 500K FOR WORLDWIDE RETAILERS)

5. 750K Amiibo for Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon' final evolution

6. Shiny Pokemon Amiibo would be extremely rare, like 1 out of 100,00 Amiibo. Heck, you wouldn't know which stores would get it. It is like winning a state lottery.

Edited 1: I decided to edit the numbers from 1M to 500k and 750k

vikki

Other thread might be dead so I'm going to repost it here.

Imagine this.

6. Shiny Pokemon Amiibo would be extremely rare, like 1 out of 100,00 Amiibo. Heck, you wouldn't know which stores would get it. It is like winning a state lottery.

You could never do that because then the retail employees could take advantage of knowledge of that product at their store. They'd have to package the Amiibo in a way that it cannot be seen before opening.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It seemed Dedede did get one shipment that showed up at Toys R Us. Ike seems to be Fire Emblem tier so far, unfortunately.

Our local Gamestop still hasn't ever gotten any D3's or Ikes for their pre-orders and they don't have shipments in the system, not even a placeholder date.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You could never do that because then the retail employees could take advantage of knowledge of that product at their store. They'd have to package the Amiibo in a way that it cannot be seen before opening.

Yep, I know. :) It might be best way to see if workers are being honest or not.

Chaotic Mess at the best.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I've still got a sealed Ike and need Rosalina/Marth/eShop/PSN (not altogether, clearly) credit.

JoeM86

Not making a thread because it's ridiculous and almost certainly wrong, but just got informed of a South African retailer who put up some new amiibo pre-orders

http://raru.co.za/video-games/field...intendo+wii+u;&sort=expected-date-rank&page=2

Greninja
Jigglypuff
"Splatoon Boy"
"Splatoon Girl"
Splatoon plus amiibo Squid

Due on May 29th

Hilarious and almost certain to be false, but I want it to happen regardless :p Splatoon amiibo make sense, since you can customise your character like crazy.

A guy can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom