• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura says a smartphone announcement for Kingdom Hearts is coming soon

duckroll

In an interview with Famitsu about his new projects (Dissidia arcade and the Hexadrive smartphone game), Nomura is also asked about how Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming along. He says development is going smoothly and they should be able to announce stuff related to it soon. One of these announcements will be some sort of Kingdom Hearts development on smartphones.

Tizoc

Cool.
My brother doesn't have enough Kingdom Hearts in his life, KH on his phone will fill his KH needs when away from the 3DS and PS3 :V

Circinus

Nice, Neogaf needs to be more open to mobile gaming I think.

I mean, you don't need to love it of course, but blind hatred for it seems a bit unnecessary.

Jawmuncher

Well we already know about the cancelled Kingdom Hearts Mobile game. So I guess that was cancelled in favor of another idea for the mobile platform then. Really hope it's not some build your own gummi ship with microtransactions or something.

I'm surprised it took this long to get one.

Wasn't Re: Coded originally a mobile game?

This is cool I guess if you're into mobile. I'm not, really. I do like Record Keeper but I think that's more due to the FF trappings and not any actual compelling gameplay.

HeelPower

Probably a companion along with KH3.

E3 should be a good time for some KH3 related reveals.If not E3 then probably TGS.

duckroll

Probably a companion along with KH3.

E3 should be a good time for some KH3 related reveals.If not E3 then probably TGS.

Nah. The D23 Expo Japan fan event in November is more likely. :p

Edit: That's for actual KH3 news. Other stuff will be announced before that.

Mitch

Banned
Kingdom Hearts III for PS4 and Xbox One canceled, now a mobile exclusive.
image.php

I wouldn't mind seeing a mobile game like Chain of Memories.

HeelPower

yeah probably...

SE likes to reveal their stuff differently.Jump Festa reveal is way more likely than E3 any day lol.

_Ryo_

Wait. Didn't we have concept art for something like this that Disney was developing? Maybe it's something similar.

Nice, Neogaf needs to be more open to mobile gaming I think.

I mean, you don't need to love it of course, but blind hatred for it seems a bit unnecessary.

I agree; there's plenty of great games on mobile - you just need to find them. I would recommend anyone who dislikes the platform play something like Monument Valley, The Room or Cut The Rope before outright dismissing it as a viable medium for enjoying games.

It doesn't have to be either/or.

Arkeband

Banned
Reasons why people would oppose KH on phones:

1) The series is known for being segmented across a variety of consoles. 1.5 and 2.5 somewhat remedied this, but about a decade later. Everyone should have a smartphone, but that's not the point.

2) Phones aren't conducive to action-platformers, so even if it were a streaming service like FF13's, it would be a frustrating mess to play.

3) Because people are cynical and will assume development time spent on throwaway mobile titles could have been flatly applied to releases that matter.

Grieves

Hopefully they won't forget Windows phones.

Hopefully a companion app not a game (unless it's a port of Chi).

I thought they were trying to get KH on to one platform so it doesn't make any sense for this to be a game.

LAA

Saw this before too.
I'll just. ..keep an open mind for now. Depends how it'll be I suppose and IF they don't limit it to iOS, but seeing they say smartphone, sounds like both.

Just hope it isnt littered with in app purchases and isn't like a pay to win/speed up thing.

Astral Dog

yay, another side story.
that's just the way it works, many people complain about the handheld spin offs but for SE clearly KH 3 was not a priority(if that was the case we should have KH3 on 360/PS3 by now!), and that was given to FF XIII, Versus, and XIV instead, its just the way to get more KH games and stories frequently, at this point we should be glad they are finally working on KH3 :p

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Man the Kingdom Hearts franchise is such a clusterfuck story and release wise.

Luckily I have wiki 🙌🙌🙌

massoluk

Banned
May be they will set up this game so the story is self-contained while having enough explanation to clear up all the confusing plot lines from the prerious entries without adding more shits to the fire.

/lol

Seigyoku

You have no idea how tempting it is to try and convince my BF to give me the points to fly there for that. And the Expo. And another trip to Tokyo Disney. Which would be mean of me since that is in the middle of football season and he wouldn't be able to go but...

THE POINTS ARE JUST SITTING THERE!

duckroll

You have no idea how tempting it is to try and convince my BF to give me the points to fly there for that. And the Expo. And another trip to Tokyo Disney. Which would be mean of me since that is in the middle of football season and he wouldn't be able to go but...

THE POINTS ARE JUST SITTING THERE!

Maybe you should go next year instead? Better chance for KH3 to actually be playable!
Is there Marvel stuff at Tokyo Disney yet?!

Son Of D

Probably a mobile port of Chi. Seems fitting and an easy way to get it overseas. That or a KH Encyclopedia App to help you catch up to the story.

Top Bottom