• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guillermo del Toro confirms he will not be collaborating with Kojima on Silent Hills

HeelPower

I get where you're coming from, as a standalone thing it would be pretty cool, but the actual explosion came when that girl finished it first and found out it was a Silent Hill teaser. Before then it was just "well this is a creepy thing" but then finding out it was attached to Silent Hill is what got everyone buzzing. At least, that's the way I remember it.

If it weren't linked to Silent Hill, it wouldn't be as significant as it is now.It would be viewed as a cool First Person horror teaser ,but there's already a lot of these(Amnesia,Outlast)

The whole hype factor came because of the Silent Hill teaser at the end.People were excited to get something as great as the team silent games.

oti

Banned
What if this rumour was spread by the Italian head transplant doctor in order to ruin Kojima?
#followthemoney

So, Konami is leaving the industry right?

Do they have some super successful mobile game or something? Are they making Pachinko machines? Decks of cards?

Either way, sad to hear. Hopefully Kojima will still get to make games and Del Toro gets a chance of actually finishing a game in the future.

2015-04-2615_28_41-tv0frf6.png

picgifs-angry-sad-upset-4039210.gif

Well there it is. Man, I was really looking forward to it. What a waste.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh and since they're shutting down even this which would have been a sure-fire success I can't see Konami funding a new Suikoden at all, Verendus.

They fucked up the last one they did on the PSP which was fairly half-assed so wouldnt have had any sort of hopes even if they did "attempt" a new one.

The whole hype factor came because of the Silent Hill teaser at the end.People were excited to get something as great as the team silent games.

Agreed. It was a cool thing, but the promise of it bringing Silent Hill back with a splash is what gave it legendary status. People do care about Silent Hill, you just have to give them something good instead of outsourcing it to developers and not giving them hardly any support. I would totally argue that with better production value that Downpour could have been phenomenal, but people are right to be upset about the quality of it. I loved the atmosphere and story personally, but that's not enough for everyone and I do want to see Silent Hill return to not only being a creative locomotive, but a polished one as well.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Fucking hell Konami.

They're like an ancient God who's gone mad and only destroys because it knows nothing else.

Chabbles

Maybe Konami suits and Kojima can suck it up and squash the beef for the fans(and the money), stop being kids and act like professionals for fuck sakes.

Petrae

So, Konami is leaving the industry right?

Do they have some super successful mobile game or something? Are they making Pachinko machines? Decks of cards?

Either way, sad to hear. Hopefully Kojima will still get to make games and Del Toro gets a chance of actually finishing a game in the future.

Gambling, health club, and mobile app/game development operations make Konami money, so it's feasible for the company to drop (or severely curtail) console gaming operations.

liquidtmd

Banned
A game about walking along a corridor, hearing whispers, your mind being fucked, people trying to silence you, kill you, mystery phone calls and nothing making much sense if conventional logic is use.

Twist: It was a day in the life at Konami offices

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Watch it take years for any full-length new horror game to be as atmospheric and inspired as an anemic playable teaser. Shit was brilliant. Definitely gonna boot it up whenever I'm in the mood for that sort of thing.

HeelPower

Agreed. It was a cool thing, but the promise of it bringing Silent Hill back with a splash is what gave it legendary status. People do care about Silent Hill, you just have to give them something good instead of outsourcing it to developers and not giving them hardly any support. I would totally argue that with better production value that Downpour could have been phenomenal, but people are right to be upset about the quality of it. I loved the atmosphere and story personally, but that's not enough for everyone and I do want to see Silent Hill return to not only being a creative locomotive, but a polished one as well.

Agreed.Agreed.Agreed.

DownPour had massive potential.The game was so unpolished and poorly advertised and clearly needed more time and resources.

But yeah it was the best one in ages and I really think the guys at Vatra games tried their hardest with it.The world design outside of the "other world" sections was the best one since team silent.

AmanoBuff

Konami you have earned my hate for letting one of the most amazing game series go to waste.

Now pls Kojima, go have a coffee with del Toro and decide on the best way to make this game happen all by yourselves. Call it Pink Happy Rainbow Ponies if you want. Just make it happen and I will buy it.

What the hell. :( I don't even like horror games but PT was so fascinating. Hopefully Kojima and co. go somewhere else and resume that work in some manner.

Verendus

Banned
Fuck this shit.
Fuck you, Konami.

Fuck you.
Fucking Konami... I just can't..
Fuck Konami.
Fuck you Konami.

Fuck you, Konami.

FUCK YOU KONAMI

Fuck Off Konami.

Fuck Off.
Oh for fuck sake. Fuck you Konami. Just fuck you.
Fuck you Konami.
#FuckKonami
Wow ); Fuck you Konami congratulations on being the biggest dicks
#FuckKonami
Fuck yo Konami!
Fuck.

Silent Hills was a dream project. Kojima + Del Toro. The insanity would have been beyond comprehension. Fuck you Konami, fuck you.
The quicker Konami leave the videogame industry and sells its IPs the better.

Fuck this shit company.
Fuck you Konami!
Fuck off Konami. Get your shit together next time.
FU Konami. FU
Fuck Konami.

Kojima starts a Kickstarter and gets/forms is own publisher, i would back all their projects.
Fuck You Konami T_T
I blame Konami for everything.

Fuck Konami.

Fuck everything.
Fuckonami.
Fuck you Konami. Never gonna buy your shitty games after MGSV comes out.
I'm done with this company. Fuck you, Konami.
FUCK YOU KONAMI
Dis is some mofo BULLSHIT. Man, fuck Konami.
Fuck you Konami.
Sad news, but expected.

Fuck Konami.
P.T. was awesome.

Fuck you Konami.
Fuck you too Konami. We're done. MGSV is the last game.
Fuck you Konami
fuck you konami
Konami is a piece of shit publisher that no longer has any value to me anymore.

They don't care and neither do I.
Officially buying MGSV used, fuck off forever Konami.

Yep.

I hope Konami enjoy making gym towels, or whatever the fuck they want to do.

I think I'm going to cancel my MGSV special edition.

EDIT:
Done.

Fuck you, Konami. Seriously.
Fuck you Konami. You motherfuckers had something special with P.T.

But it's fine, enjoy making PES games until the end of time. Assholes.
FUCK YOU, KONAMI.

I'll be buying MGSV:pP used from GameStop.
For starters, fuck Konami.

Secondly, it is absolutely crazy how much damage they are doing to their public image by not saying anything about the whole Kojima debacle and letting everything get heard from other sources. Do they truly not give a shit anymore?
Fuck you Konami.
lol

Lord Phol

Oh man, this could have been one of the greatest things ever. Del Toro has such bad luck, it's too bad since I like his work alot.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Konami you have earned my hate for letting one of the most amazing game series go to waste.

Which one? Silent Hill? Castlevania? Contra? Zone of Enders? Goemon? Parodius? Suikoden?

...oh God.

Lethe82

Banned
I gotta say I haven't been this salty at a video game company since..........ever.

Capcom, Legends 3, but yeah. After MGSV Konami joins Capcom with the list of companies that I will never ever give a dime to again. I will make sure that any games I do play from them give them absolutely zero revenue.

Top Bottom