• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End of Eternity News thread (Sega x tri-Ace, 360/PS3)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kyoufu said:
The more I see the screenshots the more I think "meh". I really have no faith in tri-Ace now after IU and even though I haven't played SO4 yet, it looks just as bad.

While its nice that tri-Ace are releasing JRPGs yearly, it would be even nicer if the quality of them wasn't so laughable.

I'll reserve judgment for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be underwhelming.

They definitely need to work on their modeling.

Quixzlizx

Error said:
People need to stop shitting on tri-Ace because of SO4 sub-HD battles, that shit wasn't programmed in-house by tri-Ace. Battle programming was outsourced.

THANKS!

Maybe they can outsource the entire game next time so they can be immune from criticism.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Battle tab updated on the main website.

65zuhe.jpg

28u7bc6.jpg

332rxpz.jpg

atnocy.jpg

2it0z5y.jpg

2mqvvw9.jpg

thaOwner

Playing fallout 3 right now and loving it. If this turns out to be an RPG with heavy emphasis on guns more than swords, its day uno for me.

Yazus

thaOwner said:
Playing fallout 3 right now and loving it. If this turns out to be an RPG with heavy emphasis on guns more than swords, its day uno for me.

Sounds like its only guns this time. Lets see how tri-Ace does the thing.

batbeg

Will be buying :) Title is a little more clumsy, but hopefully we PAL-landers continue the tradition of awesome tri-Ace boxarts.

Replicant

So is the title renaming applies globally? I'd hate to see the rest of the world gets "Resonance of Fate" (which is not bad IMO) while Japan still gets "End of Eternity" (sounds more intriguing IMO). It reminds me of "Biohazard" vs "Resident Evil" all over again.

batbeg

Sounds... unusual? I'm looking forward to it, but it does sound somewhat unusual without the enemies having turns of their own, or not attacking the other party members. I look forward to seeing some video footage of it :D

Datschge

Like I noted in the other thread and think it's worth repeating, the official blog confirmed that Yuichiro Kitao, battle programmer of VP, SO3 and VP2, is lead programmer for this game. This with VP2 director Takayuki Suguro reprising his role for this game makes me think this game is going to be mostly developed by the VP2 staff (and as such "more tri-Ace" than all their other games since VP2).

And Sakuraba seems to do his most groundbreaking musical work since VP2 as well.

Datschge said:
Like I noted in the other thread and think it's worth repeating, the official blog confirmed that Yuichiro Kitao, battle programmer of VP, SO3 and VP2, is lead programmer for this game. This with VP2 director Takayuki Suguro reprising his role for this game makes me think this game is going to be mostly developed by the VP2 staff (and as such "more tri-Ace" than all their other games since VP2).

And Sakuraba seems to do his most groundbreaking musical work since VP2 as well.

Sakuraba is doing the music?! Amazing if that is so!

Rpgmonkey

Datschge said:

Getting high hopes for this game (besides maybe the plot/writing/VA), don't let me down...

Battle system sounds pretty unique too and has the usual tri-Ace quirks and craziness in it. I doubt it, but I hope there's a demo.

Rpgmonkey

God I had a hard time finding this thread. :/

Anyway, the game's blog has an entry that confirms another trailer on the 30th.

Haven't seen any HQ scans from Famitsu yet, so I can't comment on that.

batbeg

Thanks for the picture uploads :) I want video footage of it so badly though :( It certainly doesn't look too impressive in those pictures, so hopefully it'll be nicer when we eventually get video.

B.K.

Wilsongt said:
Augh. Another name change Sega? Really?

First World Destruction to Sands of Destruction now this?

At least there's probably a good reason for this name change. End of Eternity is the name of an old Asimov novel. There were probably issues with the rights to the name. I agree with World Destruction though. There was no reason for that change.

Looking good, Infinite Undiscovery wasn't bad, it had a lot of potential and would have been awesome with a few changes. Such as being able to switch characters in combat or switch to different party leaders seamlessly in combat. Some of the most best moments were when you were fighting along side 2-3 other parties in real time. The character connect wasn't very helpful or well implemented but again, they could really improve upon it in their next game. If there's ever a Infinite Undiscovery 2 or a spiritual successor of some sort.

Which the ending leaves wide open and I would like some fucking explainations! I was so conflicted at the end of IU.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is awesome but it has the hardest fucking achievements of any Xbox 360 game I've ever played.

Datschge said:
May as well post the new screens added to the site (but not picked up by any other place yet?).

I find it funny that I click on thinking mmm....cute female character and I see those silly pop up when clicking on the image :lol

Rpgmonkey

Reanbell got added to the site.

No lolis or catgirls so far, designs are fairly normal and not too exaggerated and filled with unnecessary touches (besides Zephyr I guess)...things are looking pretty good. :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm approaching this game with utmost caution after IU/VP:CotP/SO4, especially IU... but I'm looking forward to it.

Top Bottom