• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Now this is weird to me. Palmer is talking about how hes excited everyone is finally coming around to this idea of voting in actives. He then proceeds to go on about how he has suspicions about me and ejawa. Ejawa has less posts then most do (14?) So why wouldn't he vote him?

Zatoth

Hey OceanicAir, what are your thoughts on this post?

Thanks for quoting me. Was surprised that there was no reaction to my vote. Unless I've missed something.

Same thing happened in the last game when someone voted for a Mafia player. I think he changed his vote later to yet another Mafia player. And still no reaction.

Probably just a coincidence. But I will stick with my vote.

raindoc

The other post that bugged me was raindoc's. He quoted an earlier post of his stating that he would vote no detain unless someone delivers a really good argument... And then proceeds to only post his vote without explanation on why he felt it was a good vote, or what argument compelled him to vote.

I'm really suspicious of both of them because of this, but raindoc's felt way more like an about face, so I will place my vote on him at the moment.

VOTE: raindoc

exmachina claimed he was mafia. many hours before I voted, with no follow-up "I was joking" post. it seemed like he wanted out, after misjudging the length of this game. That sentiment was shared and discussed openly by multiple posters voting to detain exmachina... making my reason for posting pretty clear - unless you're ignoring the context.

[highlite]UNVOTE: exmachina

VOTE: No Detain

Re: me not being that active: (1) Expect to read more from me come june. I'm finishing uni, moving (check my post history if you want, hinted at it in the Destiny OT more than once in the last months) and the ward I'm currently working in is running with minimal staff. The little spare time I currently have goes into playing Destiny, since I won't be able to do that throughout summer.

(2) I've actively defended my position pro No Detain on day 1, saying it was random. People told me it wasn't random. Then I came back and people were posting RNG-websites.
I think almost everyone has been accused by now, one guy is mostly joke-posting and another proclaimed "I'm mafia (lolno)". On day-fucking-1.
This is a clusterfuck. Amusing, but a clusterfuck and until we move on and get to the part of the game where strategy actually means something I'll be more motivated to read and post. until then I'll be sitting in the back row.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
exmachina claimed he was mafia. many hours before I voted, with no follow-up "I was joking" post. it seemed like he wanted out, after misjudging the length of this game. That sentiment was shared and discussed openly by multiple posters voting to detain exmachina... making my reason for posting pretty clear - unless you're ignoring the context.
It is precisely because of that context that I felt the move is suspicious. Saying 'everyone else is heading in that direction' just adds to the suspicion. I've played on the other side before on a forum game, so believe me when I say that following the crowd (Sheeping as it was called) is the clearest tell a scum could have because no amount of paying attention to the way you play can change that habit...

After exmachina64 decided to come to his senses, I'm pretty sure that voting for him today would really just be voting for a rebel that went on tilt. It could be a great Hutt retraction, but at least the way that it has been presented he looks more rebel then hutt today.

The worthyedge.,. A lot of people are voting for him, and I'm reasonably confident that he will be our day 1 detain. That said, I don't like it. It just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not going to try and stop a detain (because I have been pushing since before this game started for a day 1 detain), but I'm not sold he is the correct person.

i have some suspicions now, based on this whole day of gameplay, but there is no way that voting for either of them comes to anything today (more likely just gets me killed tonight).

I'm going to vote for worthyedge, against my better judgement. This is primarily because I had terrible judgment in the past, a lot of my suspicions are real, but the people I focus on are not scum.

vote=theworthyedge

If he really is scum, then it goes a long way to proving who is really a rebel today.

...Which is why I am changing my vote to Zippedpinhead. Twice now he has changed his vote on the premise of majority, picking exactly when everyone else is piling on to blend in. And he even says voting worthy goes against his better judgment. IF YOU ARE REBEL AND DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD DETAIN A SPECIFIC PERSON, DON'T VOTE FOR THEM!!!!!! It does worse than not voting, it makes your vote useless because you are literally wasting it. But a hurt wants to waste his vote...

UNVOTE: raindoc

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

I still have my eye on you raindoc, but I always vote who I feel is most suspicious, and zipped is it.

Palmer_v1

What pattern? If you're inactive, you're inactive.

I meant that 1 3-4 day phase is a small sample on which to judge people. For example, I'm working a bunch of overtime tonight through Sunday, which means I wouldn't be able to post nearly as often as normal(for me). The current low posters could all have valid reasons for it this week. If they do it 2-3 day phases in a row, then we have issues. In the meantime, I'm willing to apply pressure, or use it along with other suspicions to place a vote. I just won't vote someone based only on inactivity(yet).

FWIW, you're also EXTREMELY defensive every time your name gets brought up. You start slinging dirt to try and redirect a lot. It just seems to muddy up the discourse. This is just a suggestion, but you don't have to respond to every accusation. Personally, I don't respond to every vote or accusation thrown my way, particularly as the game goes on. Most of the time, I trust that my actions speak to my defense. Have faith that if you're playing in a pro-town way, other players will recognize it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just a reminder, you don't have to UNVOTE before casting a new VOTE; a new VOTE automatically overrides the last one. The use of UNVOTE is to return to a state of not voting at all.

...Which is why I am changing my vote to Zippedpinhead. Twice now he has changed his vote on the premise of majority, picking exactly when everyone else is piling on to blend in. And he even says voting worthy goes against his better judgment. IF YOU ARE REBEL AND DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD DETAIN A SPECIFIC PERSON, DON'T VOTE FOR THEM!!!!!! It does worse than not voting, it makes your vote useless because you are literally wasting it. But a hurt wants to waste his vote...

UNVOTE: raindoc

I still have my eye on you raindoc, but I always vote who I feel is most suspicious, and zipped is it.

This is the sort of vote that I can get behind. Zipped has been on my shortlist of "posters to watch carefully", and while I'm still convinced detaining exmachina would likely be a good move for us to make, I also think that Zipped is suspicious enough that going in this direction would not be a waste of our time. It's hard for me to explain, but their posts just feel like they've been lacking something- they're commenting on the game, but in what feels like a sort of fillery way. I basically just don't really have a read on them like I do most of the other posters, and that's worrying. It's mostly just a gut feeling, but I'm guessing that it's rare to have too much more than that on Day 1.

I sort of understand people's concerns with Worthy, but I'm still not sold on the idea of voting them out. I'd rather keep them in play for the time being and consider their future actions before jumping to a vote. I've been an advocate of a Day 1 detain since the beginning, but this doesn't currently sit right with me.

As far as exmachina is concerned, they're currently my backup detain vote- in other words, because the mafia claim won't stop nagging at me, we're going to have to deal with them eventually. As long as they're in the game, unless new information comes up (via a power role or what have you), I will probably be comfortable detaining them. As such, if there's ever a day where we simply don't have enough to go on, I think exmachina would make for a good detain- we would be able to actually validate their true allegiance. I'm going to go ahead and change my vote at this point because I'm honestly more curious about Zipped than I am exmachina- we can always deal with them later, after all.

raindoc

It is precisely because of that context that I felt the move is suspicious. Saying 'everyone else is heading in that direction' just adds to the suspicion. I've played on the other side before on a forum game, so believe me when I say that following the crowd (Sheeping as it was called) is the clearest tell a scum could have because no amount of paying attention to the way you play can change that habit...

[...]

bold part is a pretty weird accusation considering we're still on day 1 and I'm one of the few outspoken no-detainers (on day 1).
you're pulling stuff out of your ass.
just proves my point on day 1 detains - for the next game I proposed a much shorter day 1. 24 hrs of baseless accusations are enough.

Terrabyte20xx

bold part is a pretty weird accusation considering we're still on day 1 and I'm one of the few outspoken no-detainers (on day 1).
you're pulling stuff out of your ass.
just proves my point on day 1 detains - for the next game I proposed a much shorter day 1. 24 hrs of baseless accusations are enough.
Your intitial vote of exmachina was posted with absolutely no text explaining why, and a quote of your earlier post stating that you would stay no detain unless you received a good reason. By not stating what you felt was a good reason, I can only assume that you were following the crowd.

CzarTim

Thanks for quoting me. Was surprised that there was no reaction to my vote. Unless I've missed something.

Same thing happened in the last game when someone voted for a Mafia player. I think he changed his vote later to yet another Mafia player. And still no reaction.

Probably just a coincidence. But I will stick with my vote.

In the last game, town had a nasty habit of voting out loud, easy targets even when logically it didn't make a lot of sense. egruntz and Amir0x come to mind. And in that game it took 8 days to lynch a mafia member. It was super frustrating to watch. exmachina and worthy feel that way to me right now. It's very easy to vote for them, but I'm not really feeling it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Time remaining in the current day phase:
t1432165500z1.png

Current votes (18)
12 votes are needed for a majority descision
Names with a strike voted and then unvoted

No Detain (2)
Palmer_v1
Makai
QuantumBro
exmachina64
raindoc

exmachina64 (5)
Terrabyte20xx
QuantumBro
Lord of Castamere
Blargonaut
Zippedpinhead
Matt Attack
TheWorthyEdge
raindoc
eJawa
swamped

TheWorthyEdge (5)
CzarTim
Barrylocke
Rymuth
Palmer_v1
AbsolutBro
exmachina64
Zippedpinhead

Zippedpinhead (2)
Terrabyte20xx
Matt Attack

redhood56 (1)
johnnyquicknives

Rymuth (1)
CzarTim

OceanicAir (1)
traube

Lord of Castamere (1)
Zubz

raindoc (0)
Terrabyte20xx

Blargonaut (0)
Blargonaut
eJawa

CzarTim (0)
Lord of Castamere

swamped (0)
traube
Lord of Castamere
TheWorthyEdge

Zubz (0)
TheWorthyEdge

Palmer_v1 (0)
Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx (0)
exmachina64

Not Voting (3)
setre
Blargonaut
redhood56

UNVOTE: exmachina

VOTE: No Detain

Oh joy.

fNo8C8J.gif

By voting to not detain anyone, you're only allowing the Hutts a free cycle unharried.

While yes, the probability is high that a fellow Rebel will die due to Day 1 detainment, we need to apply pressure on individuals as much as and as soon as possible. Waiting, twiddling our thumbs during our Action Phase, won't kill Hutts.

Re: me not being that active: (1) Expect to read more from me come june. I'm finishing uni, moving (check my post history if you want, hinted at it in the Destiny OT more than once in the last months) and the ward I'm currently working in is running with minimal staff. The little spare time I currently have goes into playing Destiny, since I won't be able to do that throughout summer.

How convenient for you, especially if you're a Hutt; but fair enough.

May I remind the rest of the crew, that we all volunteered for this assignment. Glean from that what you will.

(2) I've actively defended my position pro No Detain on day 1, saying it was random. People told me it wasn't random. Then I came back and people were posting RNG-websites.
I think almost everyone has been accused by now, one guy is mostly joke-posting and another proclaimed "I'm mafia (lolno)". On day-fucking-1.

What else could possibly happen on Day 1?

This is a clusterfuck. Amusing, but a clusterfuck and until we move on and get to the part of the game where strategy actually means something I'll be more motivated to read and post. until then I'll be sitting in the back row.

Pure blather.

You're really giving me the vibe of an Imperial sleeper agent.

I'll drag you out of the shadows soon enough.

CzarTim

Reading through Zipp's posts and I kind of agree that he's been off. I can't really get a good read right now. I'd consider switching my vote here.

Traube's comments on OceanicAir are interesting. I'm not sure there will be enough traction there today, though.

Redhood's going to be prodded soon, I don't think we need to waste a vote.

I feel ok about my vote on Rymuth. I think he did everything in his power to discredit me, shift blame, and then barely post since then. Like I said with OA though, there hasn't been a lot of traction.

I'm willing to shift my vote to prevent a tie. I really don't want a no detain today. I still think exmachina and worthy are too easy for the mafia to latch onto, and I would be surprised if they flipped mafia. Stranger things have happened though.

exmachine64, I still think you might be a hutt, sorry. Saying your a hutt, then saying a hutt wouldn't say they are a hutt, makes for a good shield. It has already gotten some of the suspicion away from you. Honestly, I'm tempted to unvote, for the simple reason that if you are detained and I'm wrong, everyone will be suspicious of any who voted for you, but that's the case with anyone we vote for.

To be fair, I did say "possibly change". Tuthfully I am torn about him, but I still think we need to vote for somone. After all these back and forth discussions, I the worst choice would be to for a no detain.

I'm like 50-50 right now on whether he's a rebel or a hutt, which is more certain than I am on anyone else, so I'm sticking with my vote for now. If he ends up being a rebel and we detain him, it won't be a big loss. Up until now he's just been bandwagoning and his defense is to say that his accusers are "thinking like the Hutt". If he's willing to point the finger at someone else, I'm willing to listen, but if that doesn't happen, he's probably not going to live to see the Tatooine night.

I'm starting to have second doubts on exmachina64, but maybe that's all part of his master plan.

Exmachina didn't claim he was joking until after they had posted.

Please, guys, I'm not a Hutt. I don't know if MattyG announces if the detained person was a Hutt, but if he does, you'll find out I'm a Rebel if you detain me.

I was frustrated, made a sarcastic remark and voted for myself. If I survive today, I'm playing to stay in the game for the long haul and help find the Hutts.

I'd like to quote what Terrabyte said because I think it's true.

IF YOU ARE REBEL AND DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD DETAIN A SPECIFIC PERSON, DON'T VOTE FOR THEM!!!!!! It does worse than not voting, it makes your vote useless because you are literally wasting it. But a Hutt wants to waste his vote...

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I still stand by my vote, but will unvote if it will help prevent a tie, even if it means sacrificing Worthy, who I don't quite belive to be hutt. I won't be around when the time runs out, so I will make sure to keep an close on the thread until I have to leave and unvote if I think it is needed.

I still stand by my vote, but will unvote if it will help prevent a tie, even if it means sacrificing Worthy, who I don't quite belive to be hutt. I won't be around when the time runs out, so I will make sure to keep an close on the thread until I have to leave and unvote if I think it is needed.

Thank you.

Setre

I agree with the others about Zip after retreading through the thread. Him also being one of the dogpilers makes me suspicious.

Setre - Likes me not?

I like you just fine, friend.

P.S.: On my phone so sorry for any mistakes.

Agreed on Zipped. One I had my eye on him too. He's playing things a liitle too close to the chest. He's one of afew that's playing similarly to how we played last game.

Palmer_v1

Want to go on record here as saying that I think voting Zipped is a mistake. Just a gut feeling, like I had for exmachina as well. I don't know what to think of this Day 1. There are SO many bandwagoners, it's blowing my mind.

CzarTim

Want to go on record here as saying that I think voting Zipped is a mistake. Just a gut feeling, like I had for exmachina as well. I don't know what to think of this Day 1. There are SO many bandwagoners, it's blowing my mind.

Do you mind extrapolating on why you think it's a mistake? I'm not 100% sold on him either, but I do think he's a better choice than ex or worthy. I'd like to hear your take.

I could see it go either way honestly. Worthy seems like the Pants of this game, and Zipped is playing very conservatively. Both are suspicious.

Going after Worthy tomorrow is a valid option too in my eyes.

Terrabyte20xx

Yeah, I don't like that. As soon as one of the detains goes through, we should compare who jumped between wagons and when. I feel that data will be the most telling.

Terrabyte20xx

Just to clarify my above post, it to is in reference to the numourus amount of flip flopping and crowd following.

Palmer_v1

Do you mind extrapolating on why you think it's a mistake? I'm not 100% sold on him either, but I do think he's a better choice than ex or worthy. I'd like to hear your take.

I just went back and looked at all of his posts, 9ish altogether.

My only REAL concern about him is that he's been a bit inactive.

He had one bandwagony vote for exmachina, but several of you motheruckers did that. The only ones in the exmachina vote that AREN'T suspicious are the initial 2 votes(LoC and Traube, I think), before exmachina went off the rails.

Otherwise he has 1 or 2 posts that seem pro-town, like clarifying that no townie should even admit to having a role, let alone specifically role claim, as it just makes you a hutt target. It's kind of an obvious statement, but we do/did have some people that are playing like novices.

There's also a few non-posts that are simply commentary, etc. I have plenty of those myself, so I don't hold that against anyone unless it is literally the only thing they do.

So, he did one mildly suspicious thing, that several people are also guilty of. It's getting to a point where calling out bandwagon players is absurd, because easily half the game seems to be doing it.

Palmer_v1

To reiterate, please put actual thought into your votes. Do not quote someone, trust everything they say, and follow their vote too quickly. Look into what they're claiming. They could easily be misquoting, or selectively pulling quotes that support them, while ignoring other ones. They might be misattributing statements on mistake, or maliciously. They could also be absolutely right and your investigation brings to light more evidence that was missed.

I'm not accusing TB of any of this in his vote for Zipped. I just don't happen to agree with his interpretation of Zipped's posts.

Terrabyte20xx

What's the consensus on zipped? Can someone give me a correct rundown of him? I'm a bit busy ATM.
Zipped had had two bandwagon posts one for exmachina, the other for you. Both were posted in the middle of mass voting periods. His exmachina post boiled down to voting due do the outburst, while his vote for you was literally following the crowd even though he thought it was a mistake.

And just so palmer is aware, I posted the first votes for both exmachina and zipped.

Palmer_v1

Zipped had had two bandwagon posts one for exmachina, the other for you. Both were posted in the middle of mass voting periods. His exmachina post boiled down to voting due do the outburst, while his vote for you was literally following the crowd even though he thought it was a mistake.

And just so palmer is aware, I posted the first votes for both exmachina and zipped.

I don't think that second vote is as bad as you do. I read it as two players have a lot of votes, and he trusts exmachina more than he does worthy, so voting him is the lesser of two evils.

It's one of the reasons I haven't changed my vote from Worthy as well. Now I have to balance it against Zipped's votes as well.

So anyway, I can understand why people would vote for any of the three.

If you vote me out two things will happen:

1: you will find out I'm just a regular rebel (which is a good thing, as far as killing rebels go.). My death will not irreparably destroy the rebel faction.

2: it will help with who is reading a little too much into what we did the last game (my prolific posting) and what we can do now (work blocked GAF, so I can't play as often, and quoting is a pain in the ass now)

It is frustrating that you think I'm hutt, because I'm not. However, I will not backdown from voting how I did. Exmachina said he was mafia, no reason ANY of us (U.S. Being rebels)should not have taken him at face value. Hutts would vote him if he wasn't, but then so would we because he said he was hutt.

Voting the worthyedge is putting my money where my mouth is. I want a day 1 detain, even if now I am it, and switching to a vote that is inconsequential doesn't make sense. Voting 1 off early does, but voting for a single person later doesn't. The only person who did that last game was traube and LoC (two of the mafia that game) and they did it to spread their votes around. And off townies being lynched.

In short, if you want me gone you will find anything I say will confirm your suspicions. Truthfully, my death is just as convenient as the next. Maybe more so now that you know I'm just a regular rebel. I just wanted you all to Know that I am A rebel.

Terrabyte20xx

If you vote me out two things will happen:

1: you will find out I'm just a regular rebel (which is a good thing, as far as killing rebels go.). My death will not irreparably destroy the rebel faction.

2: it will help with who is reading a little too much into what we did the last game (my prolific posting) and what we can do now (work blocked GAF, so I can't play as often, and quoting is a pain in the ass now)

It is frustrating that you think I'm hutt, because I'm not. However, I will not backdown from voting how I did. Exmachina said he was mafia, no reason ANY of us (U.S. Being rebels)should not have taken him at face value. Hutts would vote him if he wasn't, but then so would we because he said he was hutt.

Voting the worthyedge is putting my money where my mouth is. I want a day 1 detain, even if now I am it, and switching to a vote that is inconsequential doesn't make sense. Voting 1 off early does, but voting for a single person later doesn't. The only person who did that last game was traube and LoC (two of the mafia that game) and they did it to spread their votes around. And off townies being lynched.

In short, if you want me gone you will find anything I say will confirm your suspicions. Truthfully, my death is just as convenient as the next. Maybe more so now that you know I'm just a regular rebel. I just wanted you all to Know that I am A rebel.
Here's the thing Zip, I don't want you gone, but I always vote for who I find is the most suspicious. It just so happens to be you at the moment. Your post is an excellent defence, but I still feel that voting for someone who you think would be a mistake is a wasted vote.

So now I would like to ask you, who do you feel is most suspicious?

On a slightly different note, I know I have said it before, as have others, but the massive amount of follow the leader here on day 1 has been very disconserning.

raindoc

I really do not appreciate your posting style. Please tone it down - I have no issues with voting for people that are detrimental to the game in my eyes - no matter what fraction. Example being disappointed players outing themselves as mafiosi. Or too obvious jesters.

A day 1 random vote is much more likely to produce a double-kill for the mafia, rather than helping the town. Waiting for 1 turn of night actions to pass without lynching someone before is hence not a wasted chance, but the smart thing to do.
Of course, the accusations have to start at some point, but Day 1 is pointless.
If we wait until Day 2, we'll probably loose someone - but the investigations started and if accusations hadn't been made left and right already for no good reason, the resulting discussion would've been much less biased by pure assumptions.

(work blocked GAF, so I can't play as often, and quoting is a pain in the ass now)

So yeah, I trust you for this part alone, since a typical Hutt would just say something generic like "family problems". My feelings for detaining exmachina64 have sort of diminished and I feel I'm only sticking with it at this point since I started that train. And at this point I'd much rather have Zippedpinhead around over detaining exmachina64. So with that said:
VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Also, if you want to make quoting easier, click the plus sign next to the quote button on all the quotes you want to discuss, then hit the quote button.

redhood56

Banned
Out of the people I mentioned as most suspicious earlier

Zipped did address my suspicions:

I'm not entirely sold on the defense to be honest, mostly because my issue wasn't only the low number of posts but also that I felt what you did post would make pretty good Hutt camoflage.

TheWorthyEdge hasn't changed my opinion at all, and right now I'm more suspicious of him than zipped. He's just so inconsistent.

But for now I'm going to:

VOTE: redhood56

He has posted a total of 3 times, one a hello post/joke then twice to say he'd post later.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164222686&postcount=47
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164261542&postcount=129
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=164372762&highlight=#post164372762

Despite this he has somehow managed to basically slide under everyones radar (I think partly because the game has been eventful and partly because his postcount has been bolstered by a few pre-game posts).
I think that it's quite possible he was initially quiet and since his silence managed to go unchallenged when people like setre and zubz were being called out (again because his pre-game posts made him look more active) I think he might have just decided to stay in the shadows.

I'm also always a bit wary of people who are active/excited in the run-up to a game and then suddenly a lot less involved when it gets going. Maybe they have another forum they can post in? ;)
Hello sweetie! The reason I didn't post much is because I didn't feel as I could contribute to the current conversation and didn't feel like reiterating what someone else said. I am an Ordinary Rebel which means the only power I can have is to vote.

Hello sweetie! The reason I didn't post much is because I didn't feel as I could contribute to the current conversation and didn't feel like reiterating what someone else said. I am an Ordinary Rebel which means the only power I can have is to vote.

A power which you've neglected to use so far. Are you going to be voting today?

That all makes sense. Appreciate the response. The maun issue I had was the inactivity, but there are others worse off right now for that.

Right now I'm not feeling overly suspicious towards Worthy or Exmachina. We need a vote today though. I need to continue thinking and reading.

UNVOTE: Zippedinhead

Palmer_v1

That all makes sense. Appreciate the response. The maun issue I had was the inactivity, but there are others worse off right now for that.

Right now I'm not feeling overly suspicious towards Worthy or Exmachina. We need a vote today though. I need to continue thinking and reading.

UNVOTE: Zippedinhead

There's always BarryLocke.

Top Bottom