• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

So yeah, I trust you for this part alone, since a typical Hutt would just say something generic like "family problems". My feelings for detaining exmachina64 have sort of diminished and I feel I'm only sticking with it at this point since I started that train. And at this point I'd much rather have Zippedpinhead around over detaining exmachina64. So with that said:
VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Also, if you want to make quoting easier, click the plus sign next to the quote button on all the quotes you want to discuss, then hit the quote button.

You learn something new everyday! I'll have to try this out (right now).

That all makes sense. Appreciate the response. The maun issue I had was the inactivity, but there are others worse off right now for that.

Right now I'm not feeling overly suspicious towards Worthy or Exmachina. We need a vote today though. I need to continue thinking and reading.

UNVOTE: Zippedinhead

Thanks, and I agree with you inactivity is tough. It is Part of the reason why I can understand where terrabyte and Palmer were coming from on my vote.

Man this really really stinks. What I am going to say is: IM A REBEL! Now, you guys don't have to believe and I know you won't because it never works but you are voting off the wrong person tonight. I'm telling you. You are. I will say this though, I don't oppose to being voted off because it allows for a particular Rebel to have a better chance at getting farther. Therefore I will root for him/her in the upcoming days.

Palmer_v1

Man this really really stinks. What I am going to say is: IM A REBEL! Now, you guys don't have to believe and I know you won't because it never works but you are voting off the wrong person tonight. I'm telling you. You are. I will say this though, I don't oppose to being voted off because it allows for a particular Rebel to have a better chance at getting farther. Therefore I will root for him/her in the upcoming days.

Hints of our first role claim? Interesting.

Palmer. I don't understand this man. He keeps on suggesting people to vote for but has a stern looking at me. He says to not follow a bandwagon so why is he still on me, and not supporting his own ideas? This is strange.

Before I go out tonight I am going to look over EVERYTHING and try and help as much as possible going over every single person that has posted and analyze them to the best of my ability for your guys' use.

Okay. I read through everyones posts again. Both of the accused have done shady things, but both have also had seemingly genuine exchanges. One thing I am sure is both aren't Rebel. From the weird voting from both, to exmacinas reveal, to some inconsistencies; both are really suspicious. The fake reveal by Exmachina seals it though. It's too big of a thing to ignore. So with that said I am voting for one today and the other tomorrow as my default. If Exmachina turns out Rebel and no other info makes it over tomorrow, I will focus everything on detaining Worthy.

VOTE: Exmachina64

CzarTim

A day 1 random vote is much more likely to produce a double-kill for the mafia, rather than helping the town. Waiting for 1 turn of night actions to pass without lynching someone before is hence not a wasted chance, but the smart thing to do.
Of course, the accusations have to start at some point, but Day 1 is pointless.
If we wait until Day 2, we'll probably loose someone - but the investigations started and if accusations hadn't been made left and right already for no good reason
, the resulting discussion would've been much less biased by pure assumptions.

What information do you expect to have tomorrow that we don't have today? Because if we no detain today we'll be in the same exact position tomorrow but with one less rebel.

redhood56

Banned
VOTE: Exmachina64
I don't like his defense against his fake reveal. It makes no sense to claim a hutt even if it was "sarcastic".

Palmer_v1

Palmer. I don't understand this man. He keeps on suggesting people to vote for but has a stern looking at me. He says to not follow a bandwagon so why is he still on me, and not supporting his own ideas?

lando-laugh.gif

I really do not appreciate your posting style. Please tone it down - I have no issues with voting for people that are detrimental to the game in my eyes - no matter what fraction. Example being disappointed players outing themselves as mafiosi. Or too obvious jesters.

My word versus yours, and I find you very suspicious for solid reasons, at least, to me.

You want to challenge me with your vote, go ahead. I'm curious to see what the others think, and if anyone else can come up with an actually viable reason to detain me other than finding me "detrimental".

A day 1 random vote is much more likely to produce a double-kill for the mafia, rather than helping the town. Waiting for 1 turn of night actions to pass without lynching someone before is hence not a wasted chance, but the smart thing to do.
Of course, the accusations have to start at some point, but Day 1 is pointless.
If we wait until Day 2, we'll probably loose someone - but the investigations started and if accusations hadn't been made left and right already for no good reason, the resulting discussion would've been much less biased by pure assumptions.

Yes, it might, and probably will.

Despite this, I am still for Day 1 detainment. If another dies during the night bringing the post-Day 1 body-count to two individuals lost, all the better; that will have narrowed the pool of suspects even further and thus help the remaining Rebels ferret out the Hutts. We must lose before we can gain.

By Day 2 we'll be able to operate with less assumptions, but for now, assumptions are all we've got, and in my mind someone has to be detained today for the greater good information-wise. You need to think long-term.

Hello sweetie! The reason I didn't post much is because I didn't feel as I could contribute to the current conversation and didn't feel like reiterating what someone else said. I am an Ordinary Rebel which means the only power I can have is to vote.

hmmmm

Zatoth

Don't have much to add. Sorry. Will go to bed soon. So this will probably be my last post for Day 1.

At the moment I don't want to vote against Zippedpinhead, TheWorthyEdge or exmachina. So I'll stick with my vote against OceanicAir for today.

I know raindoc will not agree with me, but I think this Day 1 was much better than Day 1 of the last game. :)

Hello sweetie! The reason I didn't post much is because I didn't feel as I could contribute to the current conversation and didn't feel like reiterating what someone else said. I am an Ordinary Rebel which means the only power I can have is to vote.

Come on! this was an incredibly eventful day, a lot of weird and interesting stuff has transpired and you cant muster up an opinion on any of it?

I put my vote on you in for two main reasons:
1) To try and draw anything out of you.
2) To draw attention to just how little you had said.

I expected I'd be coming back to change my vote, which I may still do before time is up after some re-reading but for now I'm leaving it where it is.

I'll probably switch my vote to redhood or exmachina back when I'm on a computer.

Don't have much to add. Sorry. Will go to bed soon. So this will probably be my last post for Day 1.

At the moment I don't want to vote against Zippedpinhead, TheWorthyEdge or exmachina. So I'll stick with my vote against OceanicAir for today.

I know raindoc will not agree with me, but I think this Day 1 was much better than Day 1 of the last game. :)
Much better, we're already on page 7 after all.

I honestly don't know why he would say this at this point? It'd be different if he was on the chopping block, no?

Yeaaaaaaaaahhh...

Why, traube, why?

A ploy to draw night attention away from someone else? A Hutt ploy?!

If there's a 'night guardian'-type of role amongst the Hutts, he/she could have a secret agreement with traube to protect him during the night, so if a cop-role takes traube's bait their power will have been wasted...

Palmer_v1

I'm going to say redhood56 is as confirmed rebel as you can be right now based on something he said, but I don't want to say why right now.

I was going to change my vote once he voted anyway, but I'm curious what you mean. For now:

Vote: No Detain

Palmer_v1

Not sure what Traube's goal is. I assume he's trying to scare off people.

I will say that power roles need to be careful what they do tonight Going after the obvious targets might get you valuable information(LOL @ LoC last game), or it might get you caught by other investigative roles, not all of which are friendly. There may be roles with retaliatory effects if they're targeted at night as well.

I get caught up in a day with people, and I go to sleep, and when I wake up, all of this happens. This is WAY more activity than the other game.

At the very least, I should unvote: TheWorthyEdge. I know I promised thoughts on the people who voted randomly in particular, but with the aforementioned events I still haven't gotten there. At the very least I can do my unvote because I really don't find TheWorthyEdge feel like he's proven to be worthy of my vote from what I had said earlier.

The exmachina64 thing was really weird. Frustrated moves aren't something I've never seen before, but still, that could go in many ways. One thing I do believe is that there is someone(s) that is mafia that was in the vote pile, regardless of if exmachina64 was mafia. If he's town it would be "Well he DID say he was mafia, what else would I do?" And if he was mafia giving up, it would be "See, I voted for mafia, gotta trust me, right?"

I'm really sorry that I don't have more things to say about what's going on. I at least want to look and see if there's someone who fits both the pile on role and the voting randomly suspicion I have. I really want to have a vote on SOMEONE before this is all over. At least I can take another look at work tonight.

So Zippedpinhead fits that in terms of wanting to pic out the inactive folk, and being in the exmachina64 pile. He also conveniently seems to have a lot of votes, so this vote could make a difference. My only concern is that he was actually the first one on the pile, and I do often like to look at sheep/followers, but he'll do for now.

This isn't my most analyzed vote, but with how little I've been eyeing the action compared to last time (so very sorry about this), it'll do nicely enough.

Vote:Zippedpinhead

I will say that I still believe in my unvote for Theworthyedge for now. I also still think the exmachina situation could go either way and don't feel so confident voting on that right now. And finally, I will say that I'd personally rather exmachina go than theworthyedge.

Of the people with the most votes, it's Zippedpinhead>exmachina>theworthyedge in terms of my suspicions.

Zubz

Banned
None of that is correct, besides the aggression and ludicrous part. I have answered everything.

I can't explain someone elses interpretation of events. What you said didn't happen. I followed Traubes swamped vote in an attempt to get information. I assumed, correctly I might add, that Traube voted randomly. I pressured her to get an actual response other than the nothing she gave. That's all there was. You reading way too far into one word is ludicrous.

I also never said anything about you bandwagoning a cause either. That is a complete lie. The message was aimed at everyone.

But we've already discussed that the "nothing" she gave was safer for the Rebels. I feel you're trying to attack my character rather than explain your logic, because you keep questioning my "interpretation" rather than giving a blunt explanation. Traube already explained his/her logic prior, and (s)he already said that it was "[n]ot 100% random. Once people started to post it stopped being totally random." I don't trust that logic, either, but Traube's only voted twice, whereas you've voted 4 times, and only after a bandwagon has started.

I never said anything about that, either. I was bringing up your post where you tried to deflect my questioning of you to voting for Exmachina (Specifically Exmachina, too):

Why are we even arguing about this?

24 hours remain. Exmachina has the votes right now. We need to decide ontodays Detain.

We need to stay focused.

You were trying to make me look unfocused for looking at what I thought was a lead, rather than something that I've stated that I think is irrelevant (Exmachina's Mafia claim).

Zipped had had two bandwagon posts one for exmachina, the other for you. Both were posted in the middle of mass voting periods. His exmachina post boiled down to voting due do the outburst, while his vote for you was literally following the crowd even though he thought it was a mistake.

And just so palmer is aware, I posted the first votes for both exmachina and zipped.

Huh. Granted, several other posters have been behaving this way as well. I'm sticking with my vote, but assuming I'm not killed during the night phase, I might have to start looking at Zipped more cautiously, too.

Oh. One more thing. Taking a look at me during the night may reveal something interesting.

I'm going to say redhood56 is as confirmed rebel as you can be right now based on something he said, but I don't want to say why right now.

This is all very interesting! I can't wait to see how all of these role-hints work out. Honestly, I've felt Worthy was a bit aggressive, but I haven't explicitly distrusted him (Maybe it's because our Avatars are by the same artist; that's pretty neat). Assuming he's not lying, I think his behavior might have been to help/protect another player... Somehow (Lovers situation?). I'm inclined to trust him a bit here.

But we've already discussed that the "nothing" she gave was safer for the Rebels. I feel you're trying to attack my character rather than explain your logic, because you keep questioning my "interpretation" rather than giving a blunt explanation. Traube already explained his/her logic prior, and (s)he already said that it was "[n]ot 100% random. Once people started to post it stopped being totally random." I don't trust that logic, either, but Traube's only voted twice, whereas you've voted 4 times, and only after a bandwagon has started.

I keep questioning your interpretation because it's wrong. I can't explain something that didn't happen.

Also no on Traube.

Interesting turn of events.

First of all let me tell you why I voted for swamped.

Should not be a big surprise. But my vote was totally random. I rolled a dice and picked swamped. That's it. Sorry swamped. :)

Palmer_v1

Vote: Setre

Least amount of posts
Wanted us to use an RNG to vote someone off, which is counterproductive
Tried to get people to vote for TB, but never actually placed his(her?) own vote
Bandwagoned onto Zipped

I may not be able to post again today. If not, good luck to everyone tonight!

Setre

Vote: Setre

Least amount of posts
Wanted us to use an RNG to vote someone off, which is counterproductive
Tried to get people to vote for TB, but never actually placed his(her?) own vote
Bandwagoned onto Zipped

I may not be able to post again today. If not, good luck to everyone tonight!

Welp, guess I have to defend myself now, huh? It may (or may not, I've no idea) be obvious that I've never played Mafia before. I had no idea what to expect when this started but this wasn't it. Honestly I'm to dumb to play this and can't give good arguments like everyone else so why post and make myself look even dumber?

I'll probably always have the least amount of votes simply for the fact that I don't post a lot. I can assure you though I've been following the game since it began. If a low post count is going to really be a reason to kick someone off then please let me be the one to go now because it probably won't change.

The reason I wanted to use a RNG is because people were saying they were voting randomly. My thought was well let's do it truly random. I think I explained that fairly well in my post when I brought it up. Chalk it up to once again me never having played Mafia.

Why would I place a vote for TB when I brought up two other people along with him? I found then all suspicious for the reasons I gave. Those reasons may not make sense to anyone else but me but they were my reasons.

The reason I voted for Zip was because I went back and looked at everyone who bandwagoned on Ex. Zip was one of the ones I found suspicious so of course I'm going to jump on the wagon when someone more articulate that me voted for someone I found suspicious.

Those are my reasons, take'em or leave'em.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
With exmachina in the lead I am keeping my vote as is and won't be able to post again until after time runs out. Hopefully nothing else major happens before the day ends

So where does everyone rank Zipped, Worthy, and Exmachina in terms of suspicion? It'd be worth noting who your 2nd most suspicious person is of the three, especially if you have a vote on one of them.

As I said prior, I personally go Zipped>Exmachina>Worthy in terms of suspicions right now, with my vote on Zipped.

raindoc

What information do you expect to have tomorrow that we don't have today? Because if we no detain today we'll be in the same exact position tomorrow but with one less rebel.

two less if we lynch. which is going to happen, but there's no reason for it having to happen on Day 1.
We'll look at people's voting patterns and #1 is the only completely random voting day. It offers no info to anyone that couldn't be also obtained on Day 2 and isn't worth taking the risk of losing an additional Rebel.

CzarTim

two less if we lynch. which is going to happen, but there's no reason for it having to happen on Day 1.
We'll look at people's voting patterns and #1 is the only completely random voting day. It offers no info to anyone that couldn't be also obtained on Day 2 and isn't worth taking the risk of losing an additional Rebel.

What voting patterns? Like if we don't know if the person someone voted for is rebel or hutt, how will we parse the votes? It's just as random day 2 without a detainee.

CzarTim

Well this day has been nuts if nothing else. Only 8 out of 23 players didn't get voted for at one point or another.

I'm going to put my vote back on Rymuth for reasons stated earlier and so it's on the record. I will be around at zero hour to change it in the event of a tie.

Vote: Rymuth

raindoc

What voting patterns? Like if we don't know if the person someone voted for is rebel or Hutt, how will we parse the votes?
But we will find out? My argument is not about how awesome Day 2 is, it's about how small the influence is Day 1 has over the course of the game.

It's just as random day 2 without a detainee.
Did you forget about the power roles? Whatever happens after the first night, there might be reason behind it. Day 1 is guaranteed coincidence, it offers the worst deal. It's just not worth it.

I'm off to class, so

Vote:Exmachina64

What voting patterns? Like if we don't know if the person someone voted for is rebel or hutt, how will we parse the votes? It's just as random day 2 without a detainee.

We will, the role gets revealed once they've been detained.

Top Bottom