• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

CzarTim

So where does everyone rank Zipped, Worthy, and Exmachina in terms of suspicion? It'd be worth noting who your 2nd most suspicious person is of the three, especially if you have a vote on one of them.

As I said prior, I personally go Zipped>Exmachina>Worthy in terms of suspicions right now, with my vote on Zipped.

I'm not going to sit here and say 100% ex and worthy are town, but I'd be surprised if they aren't. As I said earlier, they feel like convenient distractions for mafia to latch on to.

Zipp, I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now. But I'd like to revisit the issue in a day or two.

So where does everyone rank Zipped, Worthy, and Exmachina in terms of suspicion? It'd be worth noting who your 2nd most suspicious person is of the three, especially if you have a vote on one of them.

As I said prior, I personally go Zipped>Exmachina>Worthy in terms of suspicions right now, with my vote on Zipped.

Zipped > exmachina >> Worthy.

Did you forget about the power roles? Whatever happens after the first night, there might be reason behind it. Day 1 is guaranteed coincidence, it offers the worst deal. It's just not worth it.

That's the thing though. Yes the day started random, but the top two candidates right now are both being voted on due to actions they made. Randomness hasn't been a factor for multiple pages now.

CzarTim

But we will find out? My argument is not about how awesome Day 2 is, it's about how small the influence is Day 1 has over the course of the game.

Did you forget about the power roles? Whatever happens after the first night, there might be reason behind it. Day 1 is guaranteed coincidence, it offers the worst deal. It's just not worth it.

Power roles won't reveal themselves until later. All we'll know tomorrow is someone is dead and we won't know the reason they are dead. We detain someone today and tomorrow's detainee choice will be slightly less random, and day 3 will be even less random, and so on. Not detaining today gains us nothing.

QUOTE=QuantumBro;164616873]We will, the role gets revealed once they've been detained.[/QUOTE]

That's my point ;)

CzarTim

Time remaining in the current day phase:
t1432165500z1.png

Tick tock.

For new page.

Palmer_v1

Welp, guess I have to defend myself now, huh? It may (or may not, I've no idea) be obvious that I've never played Mafia before. I had no idea what to expect when this started but this wasn't it. Honestly I'm to dumb to play this and can't give good arguments like everyone else so why post and make myself look even dumber?

I'll probably always have the least amount of votes simply for the fact that I don't post a lot. I can assure you though I've been following the game since it began. If a low post count is going to really be a reason to kick someone off then please let me be the one to go now because it probably won't change.

The reason I wanted to use a RNG is because people were saying they were voting randomly. My thought was well let's do it truly random. I think I explained that fairly well in my post when I brought it up. Chalk it up to once again me never having played Mafia.

Why would I place a vote for TB when I brought up two other people along with him? I found then all suspicious for the reasons I gave. Those reasons may not make sense to anyone else but me but they were my reasons.

The reason I voted for Zip was because I went back and looked at everyone who bandwagoned on Ex. Zip was one of the ones I found suspicious so of course I'm going to jump on the wagon when someone more articulate that me voted for someone I found suspicious.

Those are my reasons, take'em or leave'em.

It's nothing personal. I just have to prod the low posters to see how they react. There's not enough impetus to actually get any of you yet anyway. It's just a warning that inactivity helps mafia far more than it does town.

Vote: Rymuth

Low post counts
jumped on exmachina

I still maintain that we have Mafia in the exmachina vote list, both original, and current list.

CzarTim

exmachina, if you're around (know you said you were moving), who do you think we should look at if you are detained and flip rebel?

Swamped

Banned
Oh wait, still an hour left? Aww i thought the day was ending in 10 minutes or so, messed up maths...too bad, I'll be busy at that time.

Definitely going to be at least 1 bounty Hunter, who I'd assume is Neutral. There's no way MattyG made this game without including AT LEAST 1. They probably need to find and kill someone specific to win.

4 empire 1 Neutral is what I'm thinking.

Curiouser and Curiouser

Man this really really stinks. What I am going to say is: IM A REBEL! Now, you guys don't have to believe and I know you won't because it never works but you are voting off the wrong person tonight. I'm telling you. You are. I will say this though, I don't oppose to being voted off because it allows for a particular Rebel to have a better chance at getting farther. Therefore I will root for him/her in the upcoming days.

raindoc

Power roles won't reveal themselves until later. All we'll know tomorrow is someone is dead and we won't know the reason they are dead. We detain someone today and tomorrow's detainee choice will be slightly less random, and day 3 will be even less random, and so on. Not detaining today gains us nothing.

one more time: not talking about day 2. talking about day 1 meaning shit on day 10, while day 2 does have meaning due to the power roles already being active.

That's the thing though. Yes the day started random, but the top two candidates right now are both being voted on due to actions they made. Randomness hasn't been a factor for multiple pages now.

Everyone is just guessing based only on conversations that got kickstarted by "talk or get lynched".

raindoc

one more time: not talking about day 2. talking about day 1 meaning shit on day 10, while day 2 does have meaning due to the power roles already being active.

Sorta-EDIT: not talking about day 2. talking about day 1 meaning shit on day 10, while every day that follows does have meaning due to the power roles already being active.

Look-over:

Traube:

- For lynching Day 1
- Randomly votes Swamped
Reason For Vote:
Assuming we pick a cop by chance: This will force him to role claim. Which makes him a likely target during the night. But we probably have other roles to help us in that case. Someone may be able to protect or watch the cop. Which makes the cop actually an unlikely target for a nightly attack.
- Guesses 3-4 Empire 1-2 Third Party
- Unsure about when Blarg went on his 'funtime'
- 21 posts later he will wait for MattyG's response, and depending on that he will detain Blarg
- Doesn't trust LoC
- Votes OceanicAir (reminded him of when he was mafia)
- Thinks one of the 5 is in Empire:
The Followers - Blargonaut, Zippedpinhead, Matt Attack, TheWorthyEdge, raindoc, eJawa
likely rebels
- Defends TB
- Doesn't think exmachina is Empire
- Says to watch him at night.....

LoC:
- Very up in the face against Swamped, even though he voted completely random for her in the beginning. Now, this, is odd.
- Borderline asking for a role but in a very vague manner (I now see where Zubz is coming from)
- Voted and the later unvoted exmachina when all exmachina said was "it was a fit of frustration. sarcasm boiiiii!"
- changes vote to zipped due to playing things to close to chest
- Going after exmachina or I depending on who stays alive tonight
- I seem like Pants....wot?

exmachina64
- going off of suspicious activities he votes TB
- Unvotes TB and places vote on me with no explanation at that point
- Says how he feels his inexperience and random voting started to take weight
- Votes no detain and asks how I can get him for me to believe him
- Performs his little stunt and then votes himself stating he was a mafia
- Then says he is not mafia and it was a fit of frustration
- Makes a joke on how him and I messaged each other where he asked me to help him out on how to get back on track
XD

Palmer_v1
- states that activity has died down so we should start throwing more votes out
- Ways to vote:
So, I see 5 possibilities for my vote:

1. Detain Blargonaut because he's actively hindering my enjoyment of this game. I doubt he's a Hutt, but as I've said before, I don't mind making a suboptimal choice in favor of having fun. This is a game, in the end.
2. Detain Rymuth for low activity. It's too easy for Hutts to skate by if we don't pressure them into posting. We don't want to depend on power roles to root them out. Why Rymuth over Quantum? I agree about WorthyEdge seeming a bit suspicious, but otherwise, he's been a bit erratic.
3. Detain QuantumBro for low activity. Why him over Rymuth? His only post of note is advocating we lynch inactives, which I strongly agree with. Some bias from last game makes me favor him as well.
4. No detain. I haven't actually been swayed into thinking we HAVE to lynch Day 1. It certainly feels like I'll be outnumbered though.
5. Detain a person I feel is acting particularly suspicious. It's fucking Day 1. You'd have to parade around with a slave girl on a leash for me to have any strong feelings about you being a Hutt at this point.

For now:

Vote: No Detain
- My posts become to 'middle of the pack' votes me
- Honestly didn't expect No Detain votes so early...........huh?
- wants the game to run long
- Thinks there's a mafia in:
Blargonaut
Raindoc
Zippedinhead
Matt Attack
TheWorthyEdge
eJawa
- Anyone with less than 10 posts is worrisome, though he votes top poster
- Says Day 1 is too early to vote based off of post count. Wait...didn't you...?
- Thinks voting zip is a mistake, but think's he could be in the group above
- Looks at Barrylocke
- Doesn't like it when redhood says he isn't voting
- Votes: no detain
- Votes: Setre

Everybody except Traube, I think is highly suspicious, especially now that I look at it, Palmer. I put Traube in there because I initially planned on going through everyone, and had already done his first because for some reason TB's name wouldn't come up through search, and I thought why not just leave him here.

CzarTim

Day 1 means nothing in day 10, but it does mean something in day 2. Also you are overestimating how much roles will affect day 2. Cop (assuming there is one, there could not be) will know the alignment of one person. That will change nothing tomorrow. Most other roles are useless on their own, information-wise. Anyone with a role tomorrow is going to have an incomplete view on the situation. Detaining today gives us more info, period.

raindoc

Day 1 means nothing in day 10, but it does mean something in day 2. Also you are overestimating how much roles will affect day 2. Cop (assuming there is one, there could not be) will know the alignment of one person. That will change nothing tomorrow. Most other roles are useless on their own, information-wise. Anyone with a role tomorrow is going to have an incomplete view on the situation. Detaining today gives us more info, period.

Sure. The role of the player who's getting lynched.

Palmer_v1

Curiouser and Curiouser

That's kinda interesting. He might be a neutral that has to kill a specific rebel. That would really make him sorta Mafia aligned, I guess. That was even one of the reasons I originally went for him. His posts seemed awfully specific about Neutrals. I stopped voting for him because I really did not want the most active players to die, but fuck it, let's see what's up.

Vote: The WorthyEdge

Anyone that isn't pretty sure about exmachina should do the same.

CzarTim

Why am I even arguing this, we're going to detain.

Sorry doc, I know where you're coming from. It's just bad strategy most of the time is all. I know why you feel that way, it's what I thought when I first started playing too.

Noooo. Guys look at Palmer's posts. He is the most inconsistent here. I swear to you I am rebel. If some of you are so undecided then go and look at how exmachina said he was a mafia. That's a 50/50 chance, better than anything you have now, that he's a mafia.

The final hour of daylight; our first day baking on this rock and I already have a tan :I

What's the tally up to now?

If exmachina's the one to be detained, I hope you'll forgive me for voting for you; despite my jokes, as Rymuth said to Edge, it's not personal. I'm an opportunist, I can't help it. Sorry :(

That being said, a few scribbles for my personal log-disc, regarding Day 1's events:

Blargonaut's Morning 01
  • I suspect traube is a Hutt mobster.
  • I suspect Darth Icky Castamere to be a Hutt mobster.
  • I suspect raindoc is a Hutt mobster.
  • I suspect redhood69 to be a Hutt mobster.
  • I have no conclusive feelings regarding TheWorthyEdge's or Terrabyte's allegiance.
  • Everyone else is in more-or-less a neutral alignment zone for me at the moment.
  • The power roles had better not disturb my beauty sleep or else.
The long desert day's made me super lazy, my previous posts may be trawled through for my undoubtedly flimsy reasons, if I've even stated any :eek:

This is going to be a looooong night.

redhood56

Banned
Noooo. Guys look at Palmer's posts. He is the most inconsistent here. I swear to you I am rebel. If some of you are so undecided then go and look at how exmachina said he was a mafia. That's a 50/50 chance, better than anything you have now, that he's a mafia.
While you are bring up some interesting points on Palmer you mentioning exmachina sounds a bit desperate to get the attention off you.

NOOOO. You guys are going to feel so stupid........UGH. Do. Not. Listen. To. Them. Don't.

Two promises you guys have to make me if I go tonight. Vote Palmer tomorrow, and carry my pal to the end.

Sucks to say goodbye on the first day. Was really looking forward to getting decently far.

CzarTim

NOOOO. You guys are going to feel so stupid........UGH. Do. Not. Listen. To. Them. Don't.

Two promises you guys have to make me if I go tonight. Vote Palmer tomorrow, and carry my pal to the end.

Sucks to say goodbye on the first day. Was really looking forward to getting decently far.

If you're masons with someone, I'm pretty sure that person's name will be withheld from your flip depending on the setup. Did you ask Matty?

Assuming I understand you correctly.

I don't understand this case. Palmer pulls a setup spec out of his ass and Worthy does too, and then Worthy's post soft claims a role. What?

Palmer is unrelated. Worthy mentions a Neutral role in multiple posts, then seems to soft role claim a role where he knows a Rebel. Sounds like he may a role similar to what Palmer mentioned.

But who's your pal, guy?

CzarTim

Man this is a shitty thing to happen less than 30 minutes before deadline. I don't want to tiebreak here, but I will.

CzarTim

Palmer_v1

If you're masons with someone, I'm pretty sure that person's name will be withheld from your flip depending on the setup. Did you ask Matty?

Assuming I understand you correctly.

I don't think he's masons/lovers. I think he's an assassin with a target, though he probably doesn't know who it is, cause that would be too easy. Or he knows who it is, but has to get them killed by someone else. or he's the weirdest mafia I've ever seen. Or he's Town and lying about part of his role? I dunno. Way too much inconsistency.

For Barry:

Currently Zipped > Worthy > exmachina

A lot has been written about why they are suspicious so I'm going to look at the things that, to me, point to town.

Exmachina - I just cant see his play being remotely mob sanctioned. It's such an enormous day 1 risk. Assuming he is Mob either:
1) They decided he should play dumb/inexperienced for long enough to gather a couple of votes so he could flip out, claim mafia, recant.
2) They decide to post "normally" exmachina fucks up and garners attention so they decide to go for a hail mary confession.
Neither of these seem likely.

Worthy - I think I've struggled to get a read on him because he just seems so over emotional and impulsive. Playing it so erratically just seems like such a huge risk, and in worthy's case I don't think if he escapes today it will even have built him trust. Seems like a no-win play for the mob.

Zipped - I'm actually trusting him a little more after some of his posts today (but then after some finger pointing that is exactly the type of posts you would expect). Basically he's top of my list more because exmachina and worthy dont seem very likely Mobsters to me.

I feel i've posted a lot about these players, mostly due to ImAMobster-gate where I really do feel theres at least one Hutt piling into that vote.

I'm happy with my vote being for redhood, but I would like a post count as I would potentially use it for a more useful final vote if its looking like its going to be a tie.

Palmer_v1

Man this is a shitty thing to happen less than 30 minutes before deadline. I don't want to tiebreak here, but I will.

Not even gonna lie, this shit has been exciting. I'm definitely on Team Day 1 Lynch now. I don't even care if i die tonight, this has been fun.

It's nothing personal TWE. I can't tell if you're legit mad or what.

CzarTim

Johhny, please tiebreak so I don't have to :p

\Worthy if you die tonight will we confirm a player as rebel tomorrow? Is it in your info? Yes / no.

Top Bottom