• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Are g2a and g2play legit? Like they're not going to steal my money or something are they? Also, what are the ethics behind these sites? They're not stealing the keys or anything right? Sorry, I'm new to this.
They may steal your money and they may steal their keys. Better not get involved with those two.

Tenrius

iirc the gamepad controls for soul reaver 1 were pretty bad but better for soul reaver 2

i'm sure defiance is ok since that's a more modern game

dunno about the old games, never played dose

I mean, I'm usually pretty wary about playing these old console ports, pre-360 controller support was pretty bad (although I did play through MGS1 PC with a Thrustmaster 2-in-1 and quite a few times at that).

Speaking about PS2 ports, I really liked how they handled Obscure. 60 FPS, 1080p, full controller support, achievements — fantastic stuff. It's like playing a PS2 game on steroids.

Lain

Are g2a and g2play legit? Like they're not going to steal my money or something are they? Also, what are the ethics behind these sites? They're not stealing the keys or anything right? Sorry, I'm new to this.

Stay away, also refer to the trusted key sellers section in the OP if you're looking for deals.

Dsyndrome

Anything fun happen today? Went through essentially my last day of work for a month, did exit interviews/awards, and found out the admin lady's getting fired for mishandling stuff and being incompetent. Now I'm hanging out on an air mattress with my dog and figuring out whether to play Wolfenstein or a PnC for the evening.

Anything fun happen today? Went through essentially my last day of work for a month, did exit interviews/awards, and found out the admin lady's getting fired for mishandling stuff and being incompetent. Now I'm hanging out on an air mattress with my dog and figuring out whether to play Wolfenstein or a PnC for the evening.

gotta go with the PnC imo

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
vZ8Y4Jj.jpg

I don't think Volvo knows how calendars work ....

it's for D4

Anybody else received an email from GMG with 40% off Batman Arkham Knight?
Really surprised the game is heavily discounted before it's even out.

Anybody else received an email from GMG with 40% off Batman Arkham Knight?
Really surprised the game is heavily discounted before it's even out.

Heavily discounted and free with Nvidia bundle (Steam keys!).
I feel the game is screaming "Please pre-order me I'll do anything!"

zkylon

zkylewd
i think if i had to make a recommendation for la-mulana would be to play until the point in which you're instinctively checking a guide. like, when you lost your drive to figure out things yourself i think it's when the game kind of lost its charm, and tbh i feel like this has happened a few hours ago and i'm just playing it out of not having anything better to do.

the clues are too weird, you can't just take notes of everything and there's just an amount of trial and error to the thing that just doesn't scale so well when the game is this huge

things that worked kind of ok in the first few areas are now massive headaches because of how freaking huge the world is

hope the sequel really isn't like this

I mean, I'm usually pretty wary about playing these old console ports, pre-360 controller support was pretty bad (although I did play through MGS1 PC with a Thrustmaster 2-in-1 and quite a few times at that).

Speaking about PS2 ports, I really liked how they handled Obscure. 60 FPS, 1080p, full controller support, achievements — fantastic stuff. It's like playing a PS2 game on steroids.
i played some soul reaver on pc for nostalgia's sake and it was fairly ok with xpadder i think

i mostly dropped it because of the game just being too hard for me and having fucking way too many box pushing puzzles.

it's a pretty cool game, but out of my league i guess

soul reaver 2 i just didn't play it much. i don't know why but it didn't make a good initial impression on me and i just dropped it pretty quick

yes, burn them infidels

L.O.R.D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer 40K:Dawn of War:Game of the Year Edition -- MB-B87B88EA956E36CA - Taken by derExperte. 4 entrants total.
Warhammer 40K:Space Marine -- MB-C317AECEB14CA42F - Taken by 73V3N. 12 entrants total.

t1432948683z1.png

Read the OP.

Arkham Knight is $36 with coupon on GMG.

Do I?

I dunno... is it worth it?
Or maybe you should add $18 and get the premium for $54...

Again, only you know if it's worth it for you...

Dascu

It's my birthday and I'm fairly drunk, so here's ten free keys of my game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dascu, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Malebolgia #10 -- MB-2B18BE1DB131198C - Taken by Arthea. 11 entrants total.
Malebolgia #4 -- MB-0147739798609ED6 - Taken by iosefe. 9 entrants total.
Malebolgia #9 -- MB-D5A8D1C488FDF3CE - Taken by Darth Kupi. 6 entrants total.
Malebolgia #8 -- MB-312DFC8ABC0262C8 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 15 entrants total.
Malebolgia #3 -- MB-854863571E227C3F - Taken by Pakkidis. 9 entrants total.
Malebolgia #2 -- MB-FC4739C950A25D39 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 14 entrants total.
Malebolgia #5 -- MB-F214B077013299B4 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 9 entrants total.
Malebolgia -- MB-18B840D27D1039C3 - Taken by jshackles. 6 entrants total.
Malebolgia #7 -- MB-A8C2FF1E7CDE546B - Taken by topyy. 8 entrants total.
Malebolgia #6 -- MB-3F46601D734B776A - Taken by madjoki. 7 entrants total.

t1433032264z1.png

Miguel81

Shovel Knight's Flying Machine(Propeller Knight) stage is a bit tough to get through on New Game+. At least the music is great and keeps me going, probably my favorite track in the game.

It's my birthday and I'm fairly drunk, so here's ten free keys of my game:

That is very generous of you. Happy birthday!

zkylon

zkylewd
for all my love of kyaa kyaa games nepnep feels like too much

tho i'm all for using stupid characters like ; in your games' names

oipic

I wonder how many instances of invalid keys they'll have with this one.

Yeah, not quite sure where GMG stand at the moment - all a bit on the grey side.

The GameDeals subreddit still has their 'no GMG' policy in place, I think, which was implemented during/after the Witcher 3 kerfuffle.

FLD

That 40% Arkham Knight voucher is very tempting. Especially since I was saving up Playfire rewards to get it from the VIP deals, but it looks like I might've missed my window for that.

Damnit, why can't we use credit on top of vouchers anymore? I miss those days. :(
40% plus my credit would be instabuy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom