• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardz

The Guardian: The Last Guardian: The Game: The Movie of the game base on the news reported by The Guardian: The Last Guardian.

What if this game comes out and is not very good

I think this is likely. People are putting way too much faith in a game that has been in development for 10 years and skipped a generation. Ueda isn't even with Sony anymore and I highly doubt Sony has been willing to put a massive amount of resources on a developer team that never made them a lot of money in the first place.

This game will not be what people are expecting it to be.

driver116

Someone from Playstation should debunk this now if it's false to avoid disspointment.

Obligatory:
ibzG9GU32ybAAj.gif

Jawmuncher

Wonder if the new reveal will get me excited. Didn't feel it at all before. Even went out of my way for the look in Ico and SOTC HD.

I think this is likely. People are putting way too much faith in a game that has been in development for 10 years and skipped a generation. Ueda isn't even with Sony anymore and I highly doubt Sony has been willing to put a massive amount of resources on a developer team that never made them a lot of money in the first place.

This game will not be what people are expecting it to be.

ico and sotc never had the budget as well. i remember ico was made by 20 people, sotc by 30, vs god of war 1's 50 people.

all three are great games.

Someone from Playstation should debunk this now if it's false to avoid disspointment.

Yep. If it's false they absolutely should or it won't really matter what else they have, it'll be a let down of a show for many.

Edit: Even if it is true, they should deny it until they show it ;)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ico and sotc never had the budget as well. i remember ico was made by 20 people, sotc by 30, vs god of war 1's 50 people.

Also, while the situation wasn't this dire, ICO started on PSX then disappeared until e3 2001 when it was revealed for ps2 instead with a new look and a release date. SotC then took another four plus years to appear.

If I remember correctly, SOTC credits had much more than 30 people and that is after production team, qa, and support stuff.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I look forward to the end of the Sony conference:

"Oh... and we have one last game to show you..."

(the lights dim)

It sucks that they stopped doing this.
For the past 5 or so E3s I've waited for them to drop a megatown at the end but it seems they are no longer interested in doing that.

ryan13ts

I'll eat a dick if it's at E3. Mark my words.

I still believe this game died years ago and for the sake of cruelty, never formally announced so.

Bit more info on the journalist
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/gmas-journalists-journalist-nominees-who-is-keith-stuart/0139378

I am the video games editor for the Guardian, so I commission and/or write much of the games content that appears online and in the paper.

I've been writing for the Guardian for a decade and before that I worked on a whole bunch of Future magazines including Edge and DC-UK. I have been doing this for TWENTY YEARS. Oh God.

He seems legit.

Oh wow an ex-Edge journalist? He's about as legit as you can possibly get. This is the closest we can get to confirmation without Sony themselves saying something IMO.

Listen we need some journo's to dig into this shit ASAP and confirm whats up.

Kotaku, Jason Schreier where you at?

They can't confirm anything if they don't know the source who leaked it and even if they know the source he/she just leaked it to this specific person.
The rest of journos can go and ask to an official SONY rep. but they will either deny it or won't comment on it.
Unless Yoshida-chan comes out and says this is not true.

I'll still wait for the E3 presentation reveal just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom