• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Pirate Curse is the only really great Shantae game. Shantae is cool as fuck for being a GBC game, and Risky's Revenge promised a lot and looked good but underdelivered to the extreme.

If Shovel Knight hadn't come out Shantae would be far and away the best indie platformer last year.

I played Shantae Risky's Revenge and it was fairly fun. Where did you think it do badly? Then again I got it for $2-3, so I was very happy with my purchase. Pirate's Curse is really that much better than Risky's Revenge? Cool to know.

What happened to terrisus? o_O

Platy

Epic indie sale confirmed for NA, not sure if this was already posted

epic-indie-sale-656x369.jpg

Credit goes to Nintendo Everything, where I saw this. Might pick up Giana Sisters and the Trine games.

any of those have local coop ?

Muzy72

Banned
Maaaan. $8 is an amazing price for Shantae: Pirate's Curse, but I need it on 3DS! >_<

I'll probably pick up Toki Tori, Trine, and Giana Sisters.

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U

Mario Tennis &#8211; The Mushroom Kingdom&#8217;s finest hit the court in this wild multiplayer tennis game from Camelot, the talented developers behind the Golden Sun and Mario Golf games. Put some power and spin into your shots to claim victory on your own, or go head to head with up to three friends who also have the game in multiple modes.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

The Epic Indie Sale &#8211; Own or buy one of the participating Nindie games and take 60 percent off ALL other participating games. The offer lasts until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 23. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more details.
Frenchy Bird is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 16.
TNT Racers &#8211; Nitro Machines Edition is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 23.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is 40 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 20.
Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 23.
AeternoBlade is 46 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 5.

Activities:

Camp Miiverse &#8211; Camp Miiverse returns this year! Running now through July 20, Camp Miiverse is a Miiverse-themed summer camp that splits Miiverse into two teams: Team Yoshi vs. Team Toad. Your Camp Miiverse guides, Tom and Amy, will invite you to participate in fun activities for games such as Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Once complete, users can post a screen shot of the finished activity to that game's community with either a #TeamYoshi or #TeamToad hashtag. Which team will come out on top? Check out the Camp Miiverse community on Miiverse here for continuing updates.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. &#8220;Supernatural&#8221; Tournament &#8211; See how your squad stacks up online in Nintendo&#8217;s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with your friends and around the world! The new &#8220;Supernatural&#8221; tournament runs July 7 through July 12. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications about future tournaments. Good luck, agents!

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Story Theme

Permanent Price Reductions

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Pyramids 2 on Nintendo 3DS is reduced to $3.00 (from $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on July 10.

Also new this week:

Asteroid Quarry (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Dare Up Adrenaline (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
DON&#8217;T CRASH (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
KEYTARI: 8-Bit Music Maker (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Land it Rocket (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Neon Battle (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Santa Factory (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

GulAtiCa

VC, 7 Indie games, big Indie sale crossover. This all being Wii U. Big week. I'm sure someone will call this week empty though..

Ondore

VC, 7 Indie games, big Indie sale crossover. This all being Wii U. Big week. I'm sure someone will call this week empty though..

Yeah, it is a beefy Wii U week... even if all the new stuff is in the "Also Releasing" section.

3DS is *crickets* though. Saving up for next week and Streets of Rage 2?

Zeeman

Epic indie sale confirmed for NA, not sure if this was already posted

epic-indie-sale-656x369.jpg

Credit goes to Nintendo Everything, where I saw this. Might pick up Giana Sisters and the Trine games.

Hmm, of that list, the only games I don't own in any format are Swords and Soldiers, Spin the Bottle, and Shantae. Shantae seems to be a thread favourite, but any thoughts on the other two?

jholmes

Only five indies in Canada. Neon Battle and Santa Factory are in a place I like to call Fat City.

Hmm, of that list, the only games I don't own in any format are Swords and Soldiers, Spin the Bottle, and Shantae. Shantae seems to be a thread favourite, but any thoughts on the other two?

Spin the Bottle is fun with the right sort of crowd. Swords and Soldiers is good and presumably pretty cheap on the sale.

I've played the first Shantae on the 3DS VC and loved it so much! If this one is really that much better, I'll be in heaven.

I'm considering Toki 2 and Trine 2 too. I enjoyed the first Toki, but the sequel is a very different beast, right?

I assume Trine 2 is more of the same, but since I really liked the first Trine, this is probably worth it.

TheMoon

I'm considering Toki 2 and Trine 2 too. I enjoyed the first Toki, but the sequel is a very different beast, right?

I assume Trine 2 is more of the same, but since I really liked the first Trine, this is probably worth it.

Yes, Toki Tori 2 is a completely different game than the first one. It's one of the best games this generation (yes, I'm serious). Incredibly well designed.

Trine 2 is more of the same, yes.

Is the indie sale supposed to be live right now?

Yes.

GameE

Yes, Toki Tori 2 is a completely different game than the first one. It's one of the best games this generation (yes, I'm serious). Incredibly well designed.

Trine 2 is more of the same, yes.

Yes.

Huh. Shantae is full price for me :\ I already have a few of the other games, not sure whats up.

Robin64

And, like, so horribly low-res in comparison. I think the 3DS is the same res as the original Game Boy or something.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• The Epic Indie Sale – Own or buy one of the participating Nindie games and take 60 percent off ALL other participating games.
    The offer lasts until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 23. List of games
  • Frenchy Bird is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 16.
  • TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 23.

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is 40 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 20.
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 23.
  • AeternoBlade is 46 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 5.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Sales

• BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - €4.79/£3.99 (Ends July 23, normally €11.99/£9.99)
  • EDGE (Two Tribes Publishing) - €0.79/£0.71 (Ends July 23, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games) - €5.99/£5.19 (Ends July 23, normally €14.99/£12.99)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Drinkbox Studios) - €5.59/£4.79 (Ends July 23, normally €13.99/£11.99)
  • Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward) - €2.00/£2.00 (Ends July 23, normally €5.00/£5.00)
  • Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 23, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • RUSH (Two Tribes Publishing) - €0.79/£0.71 (Ends July 23, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (WayForward) - €6.79/£6.39 (Ends July 23, normally €16.99/£15.99)
  • Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games) - €3.59/£3.20 (Ends July 23, normally €8.99/£8.00)
  • Swords & Soldiers (Two Tribes Publishing) - €1.19/£0.99 (Ends July 23, normally €2.99/£2.69)
  • Toki Tori (Two Tribes Publishing) - €0.79/£0.69 (Ends July 23, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Toki Tori 2 + (Two Tribes Publishing) - €5.99/£5.19 (Ends July 23, normally €14.99/£12.99)
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €6.79/£5.39 (Ends July 23, normally €16.99/£13.99)
  • Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte) - €5.19/£4.39 (Ends July 23, normally €12.99/£10.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Bike Rider DX2: Galaxy
    Append Stage [Ex] (€0.99 | £0.89)
    Append Stage [Moon] (Free)
    Append Stage [Tatsujin] (€0.99 | £0.89)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages (Sanuk Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 16, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 23, normally €7.99/£7.19)

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Chibo

Neo Member
So, since E3, with its focus on
Star Fox Zero
Fire Emblem Fates
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam
Zelda Triforce Heroes
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Metroid Federation Force

we have received on the virtual console:
Star Fox Command
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Ocarina of Time
Mario Tennis 64

Does this mean that Zero Mission is coming soon???
or would Prime Hunters/Pinball be more appropriate

Ondore

Given the way some people I know react every week that Zero Mission DOESN'T come out... I want them to drop Hunters and Pinball in the same week just for the salt.

foltzie1

So, since E3, with its focus on
Star Fox Zero
Fire Emblem Fates
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam
Zelda Triforce Heroes
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Metroid Federation Force

we have received on the virtual console:
Star Fox Command
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Ocarina of Time
Mario Tennis 64

Does this mean that Zero Mission is coming soon???
or would Prime Hunters/Pinball be more appropriate

Sigh, Prime Hunters/Pinball would be more fitting.

Edit: Beaten down like Metroid fan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I played Shantae Risky's Revenge and it was fairly fun. Where did you think it do badly? Then again I got it for $2-3, so I was very happy with my purchase. Pirate's Curse is really that much better than Risky's Revenge? Cool to know.

What happened to terrisus? o_O

RR was oft delayed and then they claimed it was all of the episodes of the game they had planned out and sold it as a single package for 12 bucks, a princely sum back in the day especially for DSiware. It turned out to have less content then the original, far less, and felt like one or two episodes of a game at most. The level design was sort of simplistic and never really got going and the ending just kinda happens.

PC, meanwhile, was an improvement in every way...except for being oft delayed.

zroid

Banned
Given the way some people I know react every week that Zero Mission DOESN'T come out... I want them to drop Hunters and Pinball in the same week just for the salt.

Anyone who gets salty about Metroid Prime Pinball is a bad person and should feel bad

jholmes

Anyone who gets salty about Metroid Prime Pinball is a bad person and should feel bad

How does it compare to, say, Mario Pinball Land? Because y'all in this thread warned me it was trash, I didn't listen, and it's so bad that I'm wary of buying Metroid Prime Pinball.

@MUWANdo

Banned
And, like, so horribly low-res in comparison. I think the 3DS is the same res as the original Game Boy or something.

Pirate's Curse is primarily the same game no matter which version you get; the Wii U version has HD UI elements, character portraits, etc but the sprites and backgrounds are the same, just upscaled with a filter a la Mighty Switch Force 2.

3DS is 400x240 which, for comparison's sake, is basically PSX widescreen. (It looks great, by the way--easily the prettiest 3DS game of its type.)

How does it compare to, say, Mario Pinball Land? Because y'all in this thread warned me it was trash, I didn't listen, and it's so bad that I'm wary of buying Metroid Prime Pinball.

I think the tables are too basic compared to more legitimate pinball games but it's way better than Mario Pinball Land, that much is certain.

Those same devs later made Pinball Pulse for DSiWare; it's only a single table but it's a really good one.

OuterLimits

Have played over 15 hours now of Mercenaries Saga 2 on 3DS. I'm on story mission 13 or 14 now, but have also been playing the free battles some. I still have a ways to go if the Gamefaqs reader review is accurate about it having about 30 main story missions. Definitely a good SRPG especially for the $5 price. For those who love the genre, it is certainly worth checking out.

Top Bottom