• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China press conference on July 29 2015 - PS4 future, Games & Morpheus

ZhugeEX

Banned
Hi all,

Sony Computer Entertainment have released a 60 second teaser clip for the upcoming conference in China due to be held on the 29th of this month. It has been announced that Shuhei Yoshida will be introducing Project Morpheus to the Chinese market on stage and Andrew House will talk about the future of PlayStation as well as the new games coming out in China very soon. There will be unannounced surprise guests from popular video game developers to talk about their games and also there will be other surprises to look out for!

As a favour I have uploaded the quick teaser video to youtube as I know going to Youku from outside China takes like 10 million years to load. The teaser also has a quick look at unannounced games coming to the China market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sdwDKqS5Bk&feature=youtu.be

The theme of the event is "For the Players". PlayStation continues to be the leading console brand in China thanks to the success of PS2, PS3 and now PS4.

Hi all,

Sony Computer Entertainment have released a 60 second teaser clip for the upcoming conference in China due to be held on the 29th of this month. It has been announced that Shuhei Yoshida will be introducing Project Morpheus to the Chinese market on stage and Andrew House will talk about the future of PlayStation as well as the new games coming out in China very soon. There will be unannounced surprise guests from popular video game developers to talk about their games and also there will be other surprises to look out for!

As a favour I have uploaded the quick teaser video to youtube as I know going to Youku from outside China takes like 10 million years to load. The teaser also has a quick look at unannounced games coming to the China market.

The theme of the event is "For the Players". PlayStation continues to be the leading console brand in China thanks to the success of PS2, PS3 and now PS4.

Ooh, they showed KuF2. Hopefully we finally get a date for it.

Hi all,

Oh shit!, PlayStation is totally gonna get that 1% now!

ZhugeEX

Banned
SCEH had an event in Hong Kong recently.

QNHeMvq.jpg

uZOjSx4.jpg

ebIuhV6.jpg

Bonus:

VK0Fv9D.jpg

ZhugeEX

Banned
Have Destiny and MGS been approved for China?

This is Hong Kong.

A traditional Chinese version of both games will launch there.

In China the games will need to go through approval to launch there in Simplified Chinese. But in the meantime, or should this not happen, Mainlanders can import the HK/TW version.

stryke

This is Hong Kong.

A traditional Chinese version of both games will launch there.

In China the games will need to go through approval to launch there in Simplified Chinese. But in the meantime, or should this not happen, Mainlanders can import the HK/TW version.

lol of course...shit i need my coffee.

Usobuko

Banned
Yes, I should get more excited about this because it means more games, and probably the more obscure ones, are going to be localised in a language I am proficient in.

Yes, I should get more excited about this because it means more games, and probably the more obscure ones, are going to be localised in a language I am proficient in.

Heck yeah! Growing up I never would of thought some of my favorite games of all time would come out of Poland or Canada, but sure enough! The thought of new talent, experiences, and voices coming out of China to gamers world wide is really awesome^^

Zambayoshi

I will be very interested to see how the conference goes on 29 July. Particularly what approach is taken with Morpheus. I'm guessing that stuff like The Kitchen would be a bit iffy on the mainland. Rigs would probably be OK. Some updates on sales would be welcome (but unlikely unless good milestones have been achieved).

Fat4all

Banned
I will be very interested to see how the conference goes on 29 July. Particularly what approach is taken with Morpheus. I'm guessing that stuff like The Kitchen would be a bit iffy on the mainland. Rigs would probably be OK. Some updates on sales would be welcome (but unlikely unless good milestones have been achieved).

There's only one game they need to bring.

Summer Lesson.

stryke

umm, I think Playstation HK is livestreaming a presentation or something. They're presenting falcom's Trails in the Sky at the moment. I'm assuming this is related the HK event zhuge talked about earlier.

ZhugeEX

Banned
umm, I think Playstation HK is livestreaming a presentation or something. They're presenting falcom's Trails in the Sky at the moment. I'm assuming this is related the HK event zhuge talked about earlier.

It's the same event. Runs through till today.

I was under the impression they would announce a new morpheus game. Wasn't expecting the above.

stryke

Monster Hunter Frontier G announced for localisation.

edit - also doing some costumes cross over from Street Fighter 4.

Kikujiro

It seems like Sony is the only console manufacturer that are really trying to expand in the Chinese and S-E Asian market. Maybe it's this global approach that's attracting a lot of Japanese third parties. I mean Sony is paying for the localization of some important games and they are bringing creators like Nagoshi and Yuji Hori at their conferences.

ZhugeEX

Banned
It seems like Sony is the only console manufacturer that are really trying to expand in the Chinese and S-E Asian market. Maybe it's this global approach that's attracting a lot of Japanese third parties. I mean Sony is paying for the localization of some important games and they are bringing creators like Nagoshi and Yuji Hori at their conferences.

Asia is a growing market for gaming in general. So it makes sense that Sony would want to tap into that opportunity. They just need to make sure that they make consoles seem attractive compared to PC and Mobile gaming.

Javin98

Banned
Hi all,

Everytime I see an update for this event, I keep hoping for sold through numbers in China! Come to think of it, this event is only a day before they release their sales figures for the company. Think it's somewhat related? Coincidence, I think not. :p

Also, I wonder if Project Morpheus might be a huge success in China. If it is, that 1% is definitely jumping on board! XD

As a side note, it's funny that I can't understand what Ken is saying in that pic despite being Chinese myself. :(

RyoonZ

Banned
CKrF8FlUAAAIVIx.jpg

So these are the event schedule for PlayStation China conference at ChinaJoy

There are Just Dance, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Kingdom Under Fire II, Sora no Kiseki and DriveClub. The director of KUFII and president of Falcom will be attending these, so these games are most likely getting approved.

kyser73

Those are some pretty dresses for sure.

I'm bizarrely excited by Sony's efforts in China.

Excited by the dresses in a not-so bizarre way.

Guymelef

CKrF8FlUAAAIVIx.jpg

So these are the event schedule for PlayStation China conference at ChinaJoy

There are Just Dance, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Kingdom Under Fire II, Sora no Kiseki and DriveClub. The director of KUFII and president of Falcom will be attending these, so these games are most likely getting approved.

Nice to see news about KUF II, there was nothing since last year and they said "Summer 2015, At Least In Korea"

ZhugeEX

Banned
Sony are doing a countdown on their website for the conference with hints of new game titles thrown in.

For 6 days left they teased Paladin 6, a locally developed Chinese game.
For 5 days left they teased Street Fighter 5

With 4 days left I guess they'll probably tease USF4 or Uncharted 4. Maybe.

Guymelef

Sony are doing a countdown on their website for the conference with hints of new game titles thrown in.

Half-Life 3!

Those are great dresses.

...Why do I always anticipate these things, ugh. Well, regardless of what happens, it'll be fun.

The dresses or the event?

I'm looking forward to the event more so generally to see how Sony is going to attempt to tackle the region.

With a pinch of hopefulness that some of the local titles make their way west.

mejin

For 1 day left they'll tease DQ11.

Javin98

Banned

I wonder if we'll get a short trailer of Uncharted 4 for this event. Doubtful, I know, but one can dream.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Thanks for keeping us updated, Zhuge.

Sony seems to be putting serious efforts trying to push into this market.

Thanks mate. Sony are indeed pushing into this market very seriously. But it's important to remember that whilst there is opportinity in China it is overshadowed by PC and Mobile gaming. That's never going to change, but Sony can look to expand the console market and install base over there, will be interesting to see just what they can do if anything at all!

I wonder if we'll get a short trailer of Uncharted 4 for this event. Doubtful, I know, but one can dream.

It is Final Fantasy 14 that they teased as being localised. (They used the same IV from the XIV logo)

So far we have:
For 4 days left they teased Final Fantasy 14

Please remember that this conference is about China so all games being talked about are being localised for the Mainland. So the news being talked about in the eyes of Westerners may be old.

Javin98

Banned
It is Final Fantasy 14 that they teased as being localised. (They used the same IV from the XIV logo)

So far we have:
For 4 days left they teased Final Fantasy 14

Please remember that this conference is about China so all games being talked about are being localised for the Mainland. So the news being talked about in the eyes of Westerners may be old.
Oh, well, I'm still hopeful for that Uncharted 4 trailer. But you know what would really break GAF? Crash Bandicoot PS4 being announced at the event! XD

ZhugeEX

Banned
Oh, well, I'm still hopeful for that Uncharted 4 trailer. But you know what would really break GAF? Crash Bandicoot PS4 being announced at the event! XD

I've said plenty of times not to expect anything new at this conference or of relevance to Western gamers. It's all about Chinese market on mainland.

Top Bottom