• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Coming To PC/Steam - More gfx options, better camera, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanOC91

Any possible way to bypass the launcher for this?

I'd like to play on my TV from time to time with big picture mode and launchers like this end up being a real pain :-/

Dinjoralo

How fast are we talking?

There's a certain thing that happens in the game where your cadets are super sped up, have you played this before to know what I'm talking about and is it just toggling that on?

I don't know what you're talking about. There's three settings you can toggle, normal, 2x and 3x. I don't know if they're actually two or three times normal speed, but there's a little icon that appears in the corner when you toggle it with one, two, and three arrows depending on your speed.

Valnen

Turning the AA from "high" to "normal" seems to have fixed things from me. I'm assuming the AA needs a patch to function correctly.

Durante

Newsflash:
The game stutters on some systems if you turn everything to the maximum because then it renders at 3840x2160, in HDR, with quite a few expensive post-processing effects and temporal AA done on the full 4k HDR FP framebuffer.
It's not really a performance issue in that sense -- it's like the TW2 Ubersampling option in a way.

Also, it's ridiculous to have the option to do the full rendering at 4k in the game and then only allow output at 1920x1080 :/

Newsflash:
The game stutters on some systems if you turn everything to the maximum because then it renders at 3840x2160, in HDR, with quite a few expensive post-processing effects and temporal AA done on the full 4k HDR FP framebuffer.
It's not really a performance issue in that sense -- it's like the TW2 Ubersampling option in a way.

Also, it's ridiculous to have the option to do the full rendering at 4k in the game and then only allow output at 1920x1080 :/

Eh ! I knew the IQ was too clean !
But yeah its ridiculous ! I hope they allow resolution change, because everything is already in place in term of features !

fertygo

Newsflash:

So its just an setting issue with putting high on everything?

Durante

So its just an setting issue with putting high on everything?
It's not really an "issue" at all in my opinion -- perhaps you could call the labeling of the setting an issue. In TW2, CDPR put a fat red warning on the "Ubersampling" switch, and perhaps they should do that for "Highest" AA.

The biggest issue I have with the port right now is the locked output resolution. Especially since they are already rendering internally at a different res.

Thanks Duarante better spread the word on Steam Forums so the guys won't complain that their low end GPUs are struggling on the max settings and they don't know why

Dinjoralo

Newsflash:

I had a feeling that was what made the higher AA options so taxing. Is it just the highest setting, or anything above normal that does ubersampling?

KainXVIII

Newsflash:

I wonder what high AA uses, 2x SSAA?

Thoraxes

What's weird about the resolution stuff is that it was all addressed with XIII and XIII-2.

Hopefully LR turns out better than this, heh.

Mohasus

Thanks Duarante better spread the word on Steam Forums so the guys won't complain that their low end GPUs are struggling on the max settings and they don't know why

Pretty sure people will still complain.

"This is a PSP game and I can't run on highest settings, have you ever heard about optimization SE? Thanks Gaben for steam refunds, I'll never buy another FF game on steam again."

Hopefully LR turns out better than this, heh.

As much as I want to believe in this, I can't.

Momentary

Banned
That's why I'm tired of this shit. People expect to run taxing settings on low end or midgrade hardware then whine about it. Yeah it's locked at 30 FPS, but come on man, don't make up performance issues when you don't know what the hell is going on.

epmode

That's why I'm tired of this shit. People expect to run taxing settings on low end or midgrade hardware then whine about it. Yeah it's locked at 30 FPS, but come on man, don't make up performance issues when you don't know what the hell is going on.

Performance issues aside, the fact that the game's locked to 720p or 1080p is a sure sign of a shit port. I can deal with a 30 FPS lock since many Japanese devs go insane and tie game logic to framerate so there's no way around it. Restricting resolution like that is honest-to-god lazy.

Battlechili

Banned
Now knowing about the AA thing, can anyone tell me if I'd be able to run the game at max settings with the uber AA using this build? I was going to build a computer and Type 0 is honestly my highest priority as far as gaming is concerned. I want to be able to run Type 0 at the highest possible settings.
pcpartpicker.com/p/qjnjxr

Dinjoralo

Now knowing about the AA thing, can anyone tell me if I'd be able to run the game at max settings with the uber AA using this build? I was going to build a computer and Type 0 is honestly my highest priority as far as gaming is concerned. I want to be able to run Type 0 at the highest possible settings.
pcpartpicker.com/p/qjnjxr

Yes. However, expect occasional framerate drops, as well as your GPU being very loud, since it's going to be near max usage all the time.

Source: I have that same GPU.

Arkeband

Banned
Newsflash:

Do you think that this means 4K is on the way, it's just something they've left to patch in for whatever reason? This seems like a mistake.

Newsflash:

Oh phew, thanks Durante! I was reading this thread at work and was "@#$!@ another steam refund.."

Installing now, I'll keep the above in mind!

pahamrick

Oh phew, thanks Durante! I was reading this thread at work and was "@#$!@ another steam refund.."

Installing now, I'll keep the above in mind!

Even the standard normal AA still causes stutter for me, but turning AA off entirely keeps things locked at 30 with no drops or further stutters. Something to keep in mind.

Caffeine

Even the standard normal AA still causes stutter for me, but turning AA off entirely keeps things locked at 30 with no drops or further stutters. Something to keep in mind.

i have my AA on normal but i had to turn off screen space shadows, using the july 29th nvidia driver. solid 30

Well if it does turn out to be that bad, I'll just submit for a refund. Hopefully not, but at least Shadowrun Hong Kong on Thursday if so.

Corpekata

Banned
Gsync and high frame rate users, you might need to do some fiddling.

The game with Gysnc on behaves oddly in the cinematics. If the movie goes below 30 FPS it starts crackling audio wise. With Gsync on, at 120 hz, the movies ran at like 25 FPS and crackled. Switched to 60hz and they were now for some reason locked to 20. 144hz and they were almost there, at like 28. Slight crackle, but enough to be annoying.

Disabling Gsync fixes this but it also seems like audio is a bit out of sync at high hz. Capped my display at 60 hz and it seems to be fixed.

Siddiqui

I'd like to play on my TV from time to time with big picture mode and launchers like this end up being a real pain :-/
Actually, you can control the launcher with a controller. You have to press the right bumper/shoulder button to move the cursor down, which makes no sense but does work.

Keebz

Neo Member

I recommend Controller Companion on steam. It's very cheap and will save you LOADS of headaches when using a controller for things like this.

Checked the information on my TV and with the highest AA settings it says the game is actually outputting at 4K. So unlike ubersampling it doesn't seem to be scaling back down to 1080P

No wonder I thought it looked great and was confused about the complaints about the AA, lol.

So I just ran the game with Rivatuner on. Turns out, all the pre-rendered cutscenes actually run at 60fps for some reason. This is causing an audio desync on my system. I had to cap the framerate at 30fps in Rivatuner to stop the desync.

:/

why

You can replicate the exp glitch pretty easily by changing the system clock although I'm sure someone has already figured how to do similar things with cheat engine or what have you.

Edit: Lol, it totally fucks up the steam timer though. I've played the game for 50,000 hours so far :p

BONKERS

Square Enix​ Incompetence strikes again.Type-0 on PC only supports 2 resolutions? What a joke! (Adding to the irony is that it doesn't support 4k, but the highest AA setting renders the game at 4k?! I mean it makes sense to include a better AA option, but I hope it isn't a fixed scale thing. That would be beyond stupid. Does playing the game at 720p render it at 4k too with that setting??)
desynced FMVs

As if XIII/2 weren't bad enough. When will they learn?

God damn dude, I mean. How is it that they learn NOTHING from their Western PC divisions?

Refunds need to ensue,this is unacceptable.

Seriously dude, COME ON.
I'm so glad I didn't succumb to the low price to buy it. I knew it was going to be a mess.

squadr0n

I actually haven't had any issues yet with the game but is there a way to adjust the FOV? Some of the areas are just so small that the camera is right on the characters back and I can't see anything.

Newsflash:

Thanks for this.

God damn dude, I mean. How is it that they learn NOTHING from their Western PC divisions?

Communication happens at the level of business units. Cross-communication and education between programmers from English divisions and Japanese divisions isn't taking place on anything resembling a regular basis.

BONKERS

Thanks for this.

Communication happens at the level of business units. Cross-communication and education between programmers from English divisions and Japanese divisions isn't taking place on anything resembling a regular basis.

And yet they've gone out of their way to talk to and learn from Avalanche for XV.

GaussTek

Alright, the game works fine even on my crappy laptop.

Just have an issue. I'm playing with an Xbox 360 controller, but keyboard keys icons are showing up on screen instead of the controller buttons icons. Is it just me or it's a bug?

Edit. NVM, missed an option in the launcher.

Arkeband

Banned
You can replicate the exp glitch pretty easily by changing the system clock although I'm sure someone has already figured how to do similar things with cheat engine or what have you.

Edit: Lol, it totally fucks up the steam timer though. I've played the game for 50,000 hours so far :p

How to identify cheaters! :p

Alright, the game works fine even on my crappy laptop.

Just have an issue. I'm playing with an Xbox 360 controller, but keyboard keys icons are showing up on screen instead of the controller buttons icons. Is it just me or it's a bug?

Set the input as controller from the launcher options.

And yet they've gone out of their way to talk to and learn from Avalanche for XV.

Specifically, I meant with respect to what the expectations for a PC port are. I think less than five people were responsible for the port of Type-0 HD from consoles to PC.

We don't have precise details on what their discussions with Avalanche entailed. Other posters assured me these were at the level of discussing techniques to improve the engine's ability to stream assets and improve the verticality of the world as opposed to technical assistance.

If/when XV and KH3 receive PC ports would be more indicative of the organization's ability to port to PC as a whole, in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom