• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

One more day. One. More. Day.

62fx62f

Sober

I got an S rank in one of the missions the other day even when I killed the targets, killed some other dudes, went into alert and almost lose an helicopter, the scoring system prioritizes time above all.
Yeah fuck S-ranking, especially because of time. I like to be patient in stealth games, not be the guy who knows every single fucking gap to the millisecond and speedrun myself through it.

I'm not sure I'm even temped to grab all the POWs in all the playthroughs because I haven't bought TPP, so not sure why I'm playing GZ right now.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm spoiler free on MGSV, I think I got most of the people in Ground Zeroes, but from what I can read it's not a huge deal anyways. The Eye and The Finger may not have the best stats, but they should still be pretty useful early on.

zkylon

zkylewd
dam it wasn't half bad before but witcha gets pretty awesome in novigrad

the criminal underwrold thugs with british accents stuff is giving me real guy ritchie movie vibes which is like pretty damn cool in this setting

also it's awesome seeing the old gang again, zoltan, triss, dandelion

it's kind of rough to hear about like 90% of the characters from the old games being burned at the stake tho lol

Anteater

dam it wasn't half bad before but witcha gets pretty awesome in novigrad

the criminal underground stuff is giving me some guy ritchie movie vibes which is like pretty damn cool

velen wasn't paced well, but it's not bad for people who just likes to explore and stuff, novigrad is when I actually start enjoying the story

game only gets better too

ExoSoul

Banned
Yeah fuck S-ranking, especially because of time. I like to be patient in stealth games, not be the guy who knows every single fucking gap to the millisecond and speedrun myself through it.

I'm not sure I'm even temped to grab all the POWs in all the playthroughs because I haven't bought TPP, so not sure why I'm playing GZ right now.

Well Hitman Absolution is prfect for you then, you can spen one hour to move two rooms but all that matters is the silnt assassin.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Trion announces turn-based strategy game Atlas Reactor

Rift developer Trion Worlds has announced their newest project: Atlas Reactor.

A free-to-play, simulataneous turn-based strategy game, all players carry out their turns at the same time, meaning there isn’t hours and hours of downtime. They make out like this is revolutionary, but I’m pretty sure Frozen Synapse did the same thing a few years ago.

Anyway, the game puts you in control of a team of “Freelancers”, who battle for the last remaining reactor on the planet. Trion are really trying to build a detailed world around the game, giving each character their own style and personality, and writing in-universe news posts about what’s happening in game.

The optimistic side of me thinks this looks pretty neat: a strategy game that doesn’t take forever, with a cool art style and rad character designs. The rest of me is cautious to see just how people take to it when it comes out, because it does feel kind of like Frozen Synapse-by-way-of-Overwatch.

Dr Dogg

See the Mad Max review thread has started out as they always do. Also how are you folks spoiling yourselves about MGSV? I'm staying the fuck out of the OT until I've finished it and haven't looked at YouTube or Twitch in a week. All I got to do is hold tight until it releases then I can happily fuck my social life and the internet off until the credit roll.

If Lance Bass doesn't voice a character in FFXV then mistakes were made.

This has given me a crazy idea that you could have a fuckton as Boy Band themed DLC packs. Bar Justin Trousersnake, Robbie Williams etc most of them must be hurting for cash right now so they'd be dirt cheap.

Chariot

You're supposed to play everything multiple times. At some point, I just flew through some missions since I had memorized enemy positions and movement patterns because I had to try so often to get what I wanted.

Be grateful.
I have Guild Wars 2 & Dragon's Dogma waiting as well. Man, this early September is packed as hell.
I wish I can clone myself and play them all simultaneously.
Time to get rich and stop working.

Im gonna work extra much and hard today, so i can leave early tomorrow.
I am afraid I will be bottle necked >_>

dex3108

Morning SteamGAF. Here have some games :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dex3108, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-3814317C7E7877C9 - Taken by Annubis. 6 entrants total.
Hexcells Plus -- MB-F0DFECB29B34718E - Taken by the_firewithin. 2 entrants total.
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves -- MB-79877357B09E3A48 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Life is Strange -- MB-81F04F76AF731E8B - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 57 entrants total.
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-EA47D8F7FC35BB38 - Taken by pahamrick. 7 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-6B930196DFDD6E6D - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Talos Principle -- MB-9DD9FF017AC3C103 - Taken by Kifimbo. 39 entrants total.

t1441094963z1.png

Some of those are Steam gifts so if you have any issues redeeming them contact me. And Life is Strange is full game with all episodes.

See the Mad Max review thread has started out as they always do. Also how are you folks spoiling yourselves about MGSV? I'm staying the fuck out of the OT until I've finished it and haven't looked at YouTube or Twitch in a week. All I got to do is hold tight until it releases then I can happily fuck my social life and the internet off until the credit roll.

They probably were too curious or something. I'm avoiding everything MGSV myself. Just playing Ground Zeroes with the intention of 100% completing it before TPP if possible.

Morning SteamGAF. Here have some games :D

Some of those are Steam gifts so if you have any issues redeeming them contact me.
Wow, superb giveaway! Thank you for doing this!

zkylon

zkylewd
velen wasn't paced well, but it's not bad for people who just likes to explore and stuff, novigrad is when I actually start enjoying the story

game only gets better too

i mean i feel novigrad is paced kind of awkward too, but it's cos both areas are sort of samey in that velen is like killing monsters all the time while novigrad is lots of conversations and gwent and watching out all the different sex cutscenes lol

bloody baron quest overall was fantastic, so far haven't seen anything that good in novi but i'm just in the early stages of the story so i'm expecting another great one

i do wish the quests had a bit more depth in how they're resolved, even the cooler quests usually feel like they boil down to a choice at the end, or a choice you made earlier on just biting you in the butt. there's no stealth mechanics or tons of dialogue options or like stat checks for stat-based solutions or like alternative routes or just generally alternative ways to resolve them.

most quests you barely get to choose if you kill the thing you're supposed to kill or if you let it go, often with very little context of why either would be a good idea, which feels kind of lame when you realize it led to some random tragic, awful thing.

that's so far my biggest gripe with the game, the quests are interesting and well written, but they're really simple and that's kind of disappointing. it's not really something that was super key to the other witcha games either, but it's something i was hoping it'd be improved

Arthea

Forget me not is such an odd game, is as simple as This Starry Midnight is complex but even more weird.
And those frogs, damn those frogs, you can't leave them for a second, because if you do, they are all over the place and none are working! audacity!

[DeutschGAF] Grow Home 2,50€ (Steam), AssCreedRogue (not Steam) 12,90€ http://www.gameliebe.com/spiele-dow...briken/angebote-sell-offs-sonderaktionen.html

gimme keys!

This is lowest Grow Home has been as far as I can remember, it's not some odd german version or is it?

Phew, got all the POWs and VIPs. And a handful of extra soldiers. Who knows, maybe they'll carry over too.

I was getting pretty fed up towards the end, I was going for speed, not efficiency, so my stealth was half-assed... I particularly enjoyed this face. Sorry buddy, this is what happens when you don't let me do the sneaky-sneak.

Also, do we know if TPP still unlocks in ~3 hours? Or was the NZ time bunk?

Sober

You're supposed to play everything multiple times. At some point, I just flew through some missions since I had memorized enemy positions and movement patterns because I had to try so often to get what I wanted.
Well yeah, I don't think that's the problem. I think I just find it really odd and jarring a stealth game has to grade on a letter score and has points. Or something. Maybe I'm just retarded and secretly hate Metal Gear. That's probably it.

Ozium

Add actual cassette tapes to the CE and it'll be brilliant.

the MSX used cassette tapes

MGS5 should have been metal gear 3 all along

Konami is now saying it'll unlock at 12am PT, but it still hasn't informed Valve of this as the countdown timer on the store page hasn't changed.

12am Eastern.. also even though the store page says that if you already own it you can start to install when it goes live. (Source: TPP)
3 more hours for NZ time. I want to believe.

also swear on me mum that Alien Isolation did the same thing where the steam page was wrong but I could still install it...

Pachimari

I don't remember, what is the difference between Shadowrun: Returns and Dragonfall: Director's Cut? Is Director's Cut an enhanced edition of Returns or was it an extension?

Uzzy

I don't remember, what is the difference between Shadowrun: Returns and Dragonfall: Director's Cut? Is Director's Cut an enhanced edition of Returns or was it an extension?

Shadowrun: Returns has the Dead Man's Switch campaign as standard, and had the Dragonfall campaign as DLC. No longer though.

Dragonfall: Director's Cut is an enhanced, stand alone edition of the Dragonfall campaign.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EmergentFocus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION -- MB-7750F149D4A8EB90 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-072C3BDA0F33B04E - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
Paper Sorcerer -- MB-F7DA5BF3A81B1867 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.

t1441012583z1.png

KainXVIII

Same shitty ranking system as in Valkyria Chronicles? Bummer.

Pachimari

Shadowrun: Returns has the Dead Man's Switch campaign as standard, and had the Dragonfall campaign as DLC. No longer though.

Dragonfall: Director's Cut is an enhanced, stand alone edition of the Dragonfall campaign.

Oh, so I should play it through like this:

1) Dead Man's Switch campaign in Returns
2) Dragonfall campaign in Director's Cut
3) Hong Kong

Arthea

I've bought 120 games this month alone... and I thought I have it under control already
apparently I don't

and talking about games, I forgot to write about Fairy Fencer for the steam september thread. oh well, I was too busy buying games

Uzzy

Oh, so I should play it through like this:

1) Dead Man's Switch campaign in Returns
2) Dragonfall campaign in Director's Cut
3) Hong Kong

You can do. The campaigns have no story connection to one another though, so you can play in any order really. If you do play Dead Man's Switch, play that first, as it's markedly worse than Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

It looks great, it would be nice if there was a price and some sort of buzz or anything around it. Gonna wait a bit for reviews and lets plays.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380150

They mentioned the price on the discussion board. 20% discount for the first week too!

Standard [Digital Steam or GOG]:
US$24.99, £18.99, 24,99€, 449 pуб., R$ 45,99, ¥ 2,480, 170,00 kr, Rp 169 999, RM47.00, P629.95, S$25.00, ฿459.00, ₩27,000, 39,00 TL, 119₴, Mex$ 225.99, CDN$ 27.99, A$ 29.99, NZ$ 29.99

Deluxe [Digital, Sound Track, Art Book and Wallpaper pack]:
US$ 39.99, £29.99, 36,99€, 699 pуб., R$ 72,99, ¥ 3,980, 270,00 kr, Rp 269 999, RM75.00, P999.95, S$39.00, ฿729.00, ₩43,000, 59,00 TL, 179₴, Mex$ 355.99, CDN$ 43.99, A$ 45.99, NZ$ 47.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom