• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxOne Rep: Changes are coming!

see5harp

The only time I see bad reputation is when a player is really really good at a multiplayer game and in those cases it's usually "needs work." I wonder how they could improve the current system.

Changes involve adding teabagging and spawn camping to the list of complaints :p

joke, I hope they can sort it out as right now a group of people can report the same guy and get their experiance online fubar'd for a month.

Im collecting bad feedback the more I wreck salty bitches on Gears UE. Just waiting for the day I won't be able to find matches because of the silly rep system.

Hurry up and fix this ish MS

EBE

I don't know why they even feel the need to have such a system.

mute is there for blocking people in-game if theyre harassing you verbally
block exists to prevent you from matchmaking with someone who has a) harassed you verbally or b) played in an unsporting manner

am I missing something?
why have Rep tiers that limit you to playing with an increasingly shitty player base, or in the case of people who are falsely downvoted, tiers that cage you in with people you shouldn't have to associate with?

People getting nuked with false reports, which dropped them to the "Avoid Me" status. In that status, you lose privileges to message people and you are restricted to play MP with others that have a "Avoid Me" status.

Yeah so basically: the guy is really good, send bad feedback. Just like it was last generation.

Do they have the option to attach a video clip or screenshot with the complaint? If not I think that would go a long way with weeding out the false reports and proving legit jerks.

Now that the system can take screenshots and can record video longer in the next update, when it comes to reporting someone for cheating/language/whatever, only complaints that have a video or picture attached should affect your reputation.

Trup1aya

I don't know why they even feel the need to have such a system.

mute is there for blocking people in-game if theyre harassing you verbally
block exists to prevent you from matchmaking with someone who has a) harassed you verbally or b) played in an unsporting manner

am I missing something?
why have Rep tiers that limit you to playing with an increasingly shitty player base, or in the case of people who are falsely downvoted, tiers that cage you in with people you shouldn't have to associate with?

I think the premise is sound... If someone is continuously a shitty player, remove them from the player pool so that decent players don't have to bother with them at all..

Instead of me having to mute players in every match, once the assholes are sorted from the sportsmen, I can game with confidence that I won't encounter career jerks...

...It's just that making it work in practice is extremely difficult thanks to abuse.

I have 3 negatives on my account, all from people reporting my name as offensive. They made me change it twice. Haven't had anything said about it since 2012

Appraently:

ButtSmasher: Inappropriate
ButtSmasherr: Inappropriate
ButtSmasherrr: Perfectly fine. No complaints. Come right in.

Leyasu

Banned
Now that the system can take screenshots and can record video longer in the next update, when it comes to reporting someone for cheating/language/whatever, only complaints that have a video or picture attached should affect your reputation.

Agreed. They should make people prove their complaint.

EBE

Agreed. They should make people prove their complaint.

xbox dvr doesn't record user chat, though. "unsportsmanlike conduct" is difficult to define, varying from person to person as much as it does game by game.

Top Bottom