• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition for Xbox Live Arcade

Volcynika

Coming Spring 2010

mh8yg2.jpg

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
daebo said:
Any details on this for those of us stuck at work?? :)
Zeno Clash is coming to XBLA with new content and gameplay improvements.

op_ivy said:
whats this? looks interesting. any gameplay footage of other versions?
First person brawler. There is a demo on Steam iirc. It's pretty neat!

GWX

Awesome. ACE, don't forget to update the PC version too after releasing the XBLA game.

Seriously, even if months later.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bob Tampinha said:
Fuck, no psn release infomation...

Zeno Clash on the PC was an overrated and honestly half-baked effort, I hope they made considerable improvements. Also, I'll kill this right now, Zeno Clash in most likeliness isn't coming to the PSN.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
fantastically imaginative game, more so than a lot of AAA titles.

I recommend everyone check it out, it's available on Steam for a low price, for what that's worth.

BiggNife

Awesome, I'll probably be getting this. Judging by the demo, Zeno Clash is a great game that deserves all the attention it can get.

I wonder if they'll finally make some money on their efforts now. Great news and I hope it's the game it really feels like it should've been from the start.

Tampinha

Shard said:
Zeno Clash on the PC was an overrated and honestly half-baked effort, I hope they made considerable improvements. Also, I'll kill this right now, Zeno Clash in most likeliness isn't coming to the PSN.

I agree, the story felt rushed and the combat suffered from the weapons, but the game's base and it's art made it a above the average experience.

Tried the PC demo some time ago, really great looking game but I remember getting rather frustrated with it.

Will have to go back and give it another go.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bob Tampinha said:
I agree, the story felt rushed and the combat suffered from the weapons, but the game's base and it's art made it a above the average experience.

My biggest problem was that Zeno Clash seemed to run out of ideas far too quickly, far too much recycling, fighting through the same enemies, doing the dreaded second half of the game is the first half reversed and so on and so forth.

Loam

Wait so, these upgrades. Will they be patched into the STEAM version as well, or can I at least pay a few bucks for an upgrade? Zeno clash is very original / imaginative and all, but its not something I would buy twice.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shard said:
My biggest problem was that Zeno Clash seemed to run out of ideas far too quickly, far too much recycling, fighting through the same enemies, doing the dreaded second half of the game is the first half reversed and so on and so forth.
I don't recall playing through the first half backwards? If you did, it was done in such a way that I either can't remember it, or it's done done tastefully.

It might stick to the same ideas, but the game is short enough that it didn't bother me. I think this sort of game should be celebrated, rather than picked apart. A couple of guys made this, and for that reason, I think it deserves 'special' consideration.

It's a super-admirable, fun (if you're playing on Easy, or you're really good at the combat) game, people should buy it.

The setting was original enough to keep me interested and I'm a big fan of first person melee games... need more of them.

Will probably double dip, since my PC ran it at like 20fps.

NichM

Banned
Volcynika said:
Oh, one detail I missed was doing the Tower Challenges (survival mode of sorts) with a friend (presumably) online.

Yeah, the co-op will be both online and offline.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Probably one of the more overrated games of this year.

Its pretty fun, but let's just say I'm glad I only payed $10 for it. :lol

jergrah

Fantastic news - Ive been wanting to play this since the CO-OP guys covered it in one of their episodes earlier this year. Ill definitely grab this on XBLA when it hits - art style looks fantastic.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I picked up the Steam version (on the cheap) a while back expecting solid gamepad support and it did not deliver. Even with ini tweaks, it doesn't feel right. That has kept me from playing the game, unfortunately. :( Using a mouse and keyboard on the couch is uncomfortable and sitting at the desk in front of my LCD is undesirable when I could be using a superior screen in the living room.

800 points = day one. If it's 1200 I might pass.

I love how strange this game looks, and it's probably as close as we'll get to another Breakdown.

Top Bottom