• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

ecurbj

Jesus, Fady! You had me scared for a minute. I hope you get a better job soon (not that would be a problem since your more than likely a excellent employee to have). Thanks for the update as usual :D

Fdkn

Do any Spanish Vita fans know what's up with the Spanish release of Superbeat Xonic?

I can find news about it that says it released on October 30th, but neither amazon.es or game.es have it in stock or list a date at all.

http://www.amazon.es/dp/B016BGHJU0/
https://www.game.es/superbeat-xonic-psp-vita-117952

Has anyone seen it in the wild or any confirmation that this release even exists or will come out in the future?

According to a Rising Star rep that posts on a spanish forum, the game is supposed to get released on mid-november and the limited edition on december.

Fady K

Thanks! How's Xtreme Legends on Vita? (Amazon US doesn't appear to be selling Empires for Vita...)

Hey buddy :D i haven't heard any complaints about the recent DW games on the Vita. By Empires do you mean Dynasty Warriors 8 Empire? If so, that's cause this one is digital only >_>

Fady! Good to see u again. :)

Likewise, my friend! It's been a very long time. Really missed you guys ;_;

Jesus, Fady! You had me scared for a minute. I hope you get a better job soon (not that would be a problem since your more than likely a excellent employee to have). Thanks for the update as usual :D

I have never left this thread for so long and I aim not to again while the Vita gets games! Thanks for your truly kind words friend :D really appreciated! You're most welcome on the update and I hope to ready a few more for the day!

Sorry to hear that Fady! Maybe you can step into a certain Portuguese manager's role should be be given the boot...? :p

Now now Dangerblade, don't be saying tha: i love Mourinho far too much, he needa to stay even with bad results :'( what club do you watch btw :p

According to a Rising Star rep that posts on a spanish forum, the game is supposed to get released on mid-november and the limited edition on december.

Oh man - a Mourinho avatar just when we were talking about him :D! are you a Chelsea fan too or just a Mourinho fan? I love the guy so much

Do any Spanish Vita fans know what's up with the Spanish release of Superbeat Xonic?

I can find news about it that says it released on October 30th, but neither amazon.es or game.es have it in stock or list a date at all.

Has anyone seen it in the wild or any confirmation that this release even exists or will come out in the future?

According to Amazon US it releases on the 10th of this month. Weird.

BTW which is better for a beginner, Dynasty Warriors NEXT or DW8 Xtreme Legends CE?

Fdkn

Oh man - a Mourinho avatar just when we were talking about him :D! are you a Chelsea fan too or just a Mourinho fan? I love the guy so much

Real Madrid here but I started following Chelsea because of him so you could call me a fan I guess.

According to Amazon US it releases on the 10th of this month. Weird.

BTW which is better for a beginner, Dynasty Warriors NEXT or DW8 Xtreme Legends CE?

Next is the better Vita game in my opinion, DW8 has some pretty nasty slowdown in places. DW8 has an insane amount of content though - it'd take 100's of hours to clear it all. I'd still personally recommend Next though simply due to performance. It still has lots of content to work through.

Fady K

Real Madrid here but I started following Chelsea because of him so you could call me a fan I guess.

Nice to hear that you watch Chelsea! Hope they improve as the season rolls on. Good luck to Real as well! They're doing pretty good under Benitez!

Just finished Dynasty Warriors NEXT's demo

Where has musou been all my life

Haha good news for you then bro - you got a lot of musou stuff to look forward to! For the Vita itself, you have a lot of similar games of great quality to enjoy - look at the one piece games as well as Toukiden ^^

Now now Dangerblade, don't be saying tha: i love Mourinho far too much, he needa to stay even with bad results :'( what club do you watch btw :p

To be honest I used to like him but these past couple of seasons I can't stand him anymore. Some of the crap he's come out with this season is amazingly salty.

And I'm one of those annoying fans that doesn't support anybody, just loves football. So I can dish it out but not take it :p I guess Bristol City are the closest to a team I "support" but I don't put any money their way so...

Next is the better Vita game in my opinion, DW8 has some pretty nasty slowdown in places. DW8 has an insane amount of content though - it'd take 100's of hours to clear it all. I'd still personally recommend Next though simply due to performance. It still has lots of content to work through.

Thanks. Agreed on DW8 lol, I saw some gameplay video and there's like 10 different... batches? Sets? Groups? of characters and each has 20+ characters, mindblowingly full content.

Haha good news for you then bro - you got a lot of musou stuff to look forward to! For the Vita itself, you have a lot of similar games of great quality to enjoy - look at the one piece games as well as Toukiden ^^

Thank you! Also yeah there are (with PSP BC) currently six Dynasty Warriors games on Vita, which themselves seem to be enough for a lifetime supply :p

Valkyria

Banned
Thanks Fady as always. So much coming, even tough now with the Ps4 I'm playing less on Vita.

VitaGAF, I'll be visiting Spain at the end of this month and I'd like to take home a Vita game I'd like. Some stuff I'm looking for:

-Must not be missing anything compared to its US version/ must not have DLC (using US account)
-Has a good story (sci-fi preferred)
-Physical cart needed
-Preferably in 20-30EUR range, but not mandatorily.

I've played Steins Gate, VLR, and the first two Danganronpa games and love them all (for reference). Not getting Another Episode because I want the JP dub choice, and I'd rather wait for a sale anyway.

(Open to story based DS/3DS suggestions as well, currently considering Ghost Trick or Chrono Trigger)

P. S: In Spain, which chain stores etc. am I likely to find Vita/DS games in?

Basically Game, but Fnac is also a good place to look. In the supermarkets you can find good offers too, Carrefour or Alcampo.

In vita almost all the western releases are the same, maybe look for a game that is not available on cart in the states.

I have my copy preordered in xtralife.es, 30€ with shipping. I believe the physical version was not to be released in every country of Europe, so maybe xtralife are importing from UK.

Fady K

Alright here's update 4 of the day :D

* Killing Bites - an upcoming beat em up based on the manga, developed by Nex Entertainment (Time Crisis 4, Crimson Shroud). Trailer here.
VDyP1O5.jpg

* Steins;Gate 0 - For those are interested in visual novels, you very likely MUST grab a copy (or download a digital version) of Steins;Gate on the Vita in English. This one's the sequel to it. Teaser trailer here. Here's the opening movie. The game is due out in Japan on December 10 2015.
Steins-Gate-0-TV-Spot_09-09-15.jpg

Steins-Gate-0-Package-Illust_09-15-15.jpg

Steins-Gate-0-Delayed-Dec-10-JP.jpg

pHRHbm0.jpg

* Crows: Burning Edge - Beat em up from Bandai Namco based on manga due out in Japan this winter. Gameplay trailer here. Here's the full trailer.
Crows-BE-PV_09-14-15.jpg

* Tokyo Xanadu - no localization updates on this mega RPG on the Vita from Nihon Falcom (Ys series & the Legend of Heroes series) yet. The game is out in Japan already and here's a full trailer for it. Those with a Japanese Vita can download the demo from the PS Store.
Tokyo-Xanadu_09-03-15_Top.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_09-07-15.jpg

20150908_003600_thumb.png

maxresdefault_thumb1.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu-Gameplay-Boss_09-28-15.jpg

* Drive!Drive!Drive! - The only upcoming racing game where you get to race more than one track at the same time. Looks bonkers. Coming from developer called Different Cloth. Teaser trailer here. Due out in 2016.
aDL8SWa.jpg

cRDjtUa.gif

DLhYBsj.gif

* Death Beneath the Labyrinth - Dungeon RPG from Compile Heart due in Japan on December 17th 2016. Opening of the game here. Game trailer here. Here's a trailer for the battle system. If you want more, here's dungeon gameplay.
MeiQ-Delayed-JP-Dec.jpg

MeiQ-Customize-PV.jpg

MeiQ_10-22-15.jpg

* Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - an updated version of the recently released (in English) SEGA fighter, basically adding more characters among other additions. Trailer here.
DBFCI-PS4-PS3-PSV_09-07-15_001-600x338.jpg

DBFCI_Dengeki_10-04-15_001-600x338.jpg

DBFCI-PV_09-16-15.jpg

DBFCI-PV_10-08-15.jpg

71y1GxUSAfL._SL1000_.jpg

dengekibunkofightingclimaxignition_1510276_thumb.jpg

* Randall (thanks redcrayon!) is a Guacamelee-like platformer hitting the Vita from We The Force Studios. Gameplay trailer.
rM37nkS.png

* Omega Labyrinth - upcoming JRPG/Dungeon RPG from D3 Publisher and Matrix Software (Final Fantasy 3 + 4 remakes on the Nintendo DS), due out on November 19 in Japan. Opening movie. Gameplay video here. Finally, here's the latest trailer.
03_cs1w1_720x_thumb.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth-JP-Box-Art_09-29-15-280x356.jpg

omega_001_cs1w1_720x_thumb.jpg

omega_008_cs1w1_720x_thumb.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth_10-15-15_006.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth_10-15-15_008.jpg

* Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis - a new game in the series from Bandai Namco, due out in February 25, 2016 in Japan. Teaser trailer.
xAEJIoW.jpg

Battride-War-Creation-Ann-Init.jpg

Kamen-Rider-Battride-War-Genesis_2015_10-29-15_020.jpg_600.jpg

fjanK5P.jpg

To be honest I used to like him but these past couple of seasons I can't stand him anymore. Some of the crap he's come out with this season is amazingly salty.

And I'm one of those annoying fans that doesn't support anybody, just loves football. So I can dish it out but not take it :p I guess Bristol City are the closest to a team I "support" but I don't put any money their way so...

I can totally understand that to be fair, especially from a non-Chelsea point of view. He's been under a lot of personal & professional pressure this season, but hopefully he pulls it together. The fans have been very supportive of him though, especially with the last match, it was pretty emotional actually ;_;

As for Bristol City, I hope they improve and start climbing up the table of the championship :D

Thank you! Also yeah there are (with PSP BC) currently six Dynasty Warriors games on Vita, which themselves seem to be enough for a lifetime supply :p

You're most welcome man :D Indeed - there is plenty to enjoy and more to come :) You'll likely enjoy Samurai Warriors as well! Keep your eyes open for Dragon Quest Heroes II as well, the sequel to one of the best looking Musou games!

Thanks Fady as always. So much coming, even tough now with the Ps4 I'm playing less on Vita.

You are most welcome buddy :) It is difficult indeed as the PS4 has an insane amount of awesome games <3

Enjoy the latest update :D

marcincz

Ah yes. Steins;Gate 0.
Can't wait, especially Steins;Gate is my GOTY of 2015.
Zero Escape 3 and Steins;Gate 0 in 2016 EU/US? Good to be a Vita owner.

Mr_D_

Banned
Uncanny Valley will be out on Vita in February 2016! These are the first official screenshots from the Vita version. Follow @DigeratiDM on Twitter for more information!

zS81LZv.jpg

yKNKsuP.jpg

HlNOneN.jpg

H7EuEz9.jpg

wQAodqx.jpg

Loving the art style for Uncanny Valley. I'm sure I'll end up getting it day one :)

Also, thanks for the updates Fady. Loads of new games coming over the new year, I've got over 100 games on my upcoming wants list!

Takao

Banned
Airship Q is getting a physical release in Asia that's going to be patched with English:
http://blog.asia.playstation.com/hk-en/3000/2015/11/airship-q-arrives-to-asia-on-november-19th-2015/
“Airship Q” for PlayStation®Vita will be released in Asia on November 19th at the price of HKD148 for package version and HKD128 for digital version.
English, Traditional Chinese and Korean subtitles will come with a patch in Early 2016
In the beginning, “Airship Q” will be Japanese only. However, English, Traditional Chinese and Korean subtitles will come with a patch in Early 2016! Asian users will be able to enjoy the fun and profound points much more.

Play-Asia already has this version up for pre-order.

The game will be getting an NA/EU release, but I have to imagine it'll be PSN-only.

Hoooooooly mother of fuck

Go download Velocity Ultra's demo. NOW

Gotta commend the developers. Their game has 50 levels and 16 of them are in the demo. Literally my only qualm with the game is that the levels look graphically the same. Holy mother of fuck, this is a hidden gem.

BTW, what are some cheap EU region physical games without any DLC and a good story? Might buy a game or two from Spain.

How is GoW Collection in terms of performance? I saw in a review that in GoW 2 the weapon menu is crazy slow (like 10 fps). Is that menu always problematic? Might be a deal breaker if so. Haven't played the games before, but I was interested in them for a long time and I have no other PS device.

BTW, I think the PSP God Of War games are permanently discounted from $20 to $15 each.

redcrayon

If you like SRPGs, check out God Wars: Beyond Time. Announced for 2016 worldwide at a Kadokawa Games media briefing.

More info here, apparently a mix of Japanese folklore and fairytales, with various weapon/unit types etc, anime art style.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137944

Trailer and screens look great.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/11/10/92875.html

They also confirmed Demon Gaze 2 for Vita (we haven't heard anything for a while) for 2016, but not whether it was releasing worldwide in 2016 though.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137941&page=1

If you like SRPGs, check out God Wars: Beyond Time. Announced for 2016 worldwide at a Kadokawa Games media briefing.

More info here, apparently a mix of Japanese folklore and fairytales, with various weapon/unit types etc, anime art style.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137944

Trailer and screens look great.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/11/10/92875.html

They also confirmed Demon Gaze 2 for Vita (we haven't heard anything for a while) for 2016, but not whether it was releasing worldwide in 2016 though.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137941&page=1

Forgot this new mystery VN with simultaneous worldwide release http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137926&page=1

Sounds great, nice to see plenty more Vita games on there way in the new year.

Finally finished another Vita (digital) game today - Knytt Underground. Its ok, I did enjoy the platforming and exploration side of things, the trophies were fun to get as well. Problem is, you can't see any of these hidden bits without a guide (there is absolutely no way you can work them out on your own). The story is pretty terrible, even the secret ending was bad. Guacamelee still remains my favourite metroidvania styled game on the Vita.

redcrayon

Stranger of Sword City is coming to PS Vita both physically and digitally in NA on March 22, 2016 and in Europe on March 25, thanks to NISA!

Is Dynasty Warriors 8's Vita port performing well now? I keep hearing dissenting opinions about whether the patches worked to improve the framerate or not.

Is Dynasty Warriors 8's Vita port performing well now? I keep hearing dissenting opinions about whether the patches worked to improve the framerate or not.

It was patched and does perform better around fire. Its still not on the par of other Vita Warriors games though but it is more playable.

Truth be told I do need to put more time into 8, but I did play it at launch and whenever you looked at fire the frame rate tanked. I did replay the same mission recently and it was noticeably better so that's something. However I've not put enough time into the game to really draw a proper opinion on the game's performance. I do know Koei were pretty naff with patching outside of Japan, with patches getting delayed substantially (Japan got the performance boost patch much earlier).

SW4 is on another level performance wise though, so much faster/smoother. Its a great game, and a great Vita port. Ditto with Shin Gundam Musou (which I believe was Japan only, like One Piece Pirate Warriors 2).

Apologies if it has been mentioned, but as an FYI, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force English version is finally up on Play Asia for preorder.

Top Bottom