• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
NA Token bottomed out at 33.6k and is now skyrocketing again. Wonder if maybe we hit some point where supply is so low that the volatility is higher.

Look back 6 months ago before the botters were banned how it dolphined up and down like crazy.

Now they're unbanned.

Doesn't take a math wizard.

Milennia

Going to go pretty hard on the valor once servers come up, kinda excited to have something to do for the first time in 3+ months that wasn't just logging on for raid and garrisons.

I REALLY hate pvp this expansion so that was always out of the question and we cleared content months ago, so the drought was expected for me.

Just going to get a group together.

ampere

So...content that yields valor is limited daily or weekly? Either way would still set a number cap for the week, no?

There's about 4800 valor to earn in a week, except for when the Pet Battle weekly is up then it's about 4300.

If you "hardcap" 2 weeks in a row you should be able to upgrade all your gear and only have to get a little valor per week from there on

phierce

There's about 4800 valor to earn in a week, except for when the Pet Battle weekly is up then it's about 4300.

If you "hardcap" 2 weeks in a row you should be able to upgrade all your gear and only have to get a little valor per week from there on
Yeah, I remember seeing that list of how to earn from which sources, just wasn't sure if you could actually get all 4800(4300) a week.

Thanks.

ampere

Friendly reminder that the "leveling items" for this expac are heirloom trinkets that scale up to level 110 and will drop from Mythic dungeons (personal loot afaik) starting tomorrow.

Orb of Voidsight 715 ilvl
Intellect w/ Chance that when hit with a harmful spell to grant Voidsight, increasing Crit Strike, Haste, and Mastery by 675 and increasing damage against Demons by 10% for 20 seconds. (can be looted by caster dps specs)

Judgment of the Naaru 715 ilvl
Versatility w/ Use to smite your foe for 14020 damage and restore 5% mana, also healing a nearby ally for 100% of the damage dealt, also dealing 150% extra damage against Demons. (can be looted by healing specs)

Gronntooth War Horn 715 ilvl
Critical Strike, Haste, and Mastery w/ Chance on melee attack to increase Strength by 1152 and all damage against Demons by 10% for 15 seconds. Scoring a killing blow with the buff active grants 8 more seconds of the buff up to original duration. (can be looted by strength dps specs)

Infallible Tracking Charm 715
Agility w/ Chance on melee/ranged attack to deal 10972 damage and increase damage against Demons by 10% (can be looted by agility dps specs)

Purified Shard of the Third Moon 715 ilvl
Versatility w/ Use to give a shield that absorbs 100000 damage for 20 seconds and is 100% more effective if target is a Demon (can be looted by tank specs)

Yeah, I remember seeing that list of how to earn from which sources, just wasn't sure if you could actually get all 4800(4300) a week.

Thanks.

Here's the Wowhead page with more details

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CwGVn7n.jpg
Warrior class hall isn't Fray Island?

You had one job, Legion

I really hope they one day apply the level-scaling tech for Legion zones to the levelling experience in one form or another. It sucks finishing zones well before zone storylines are completed, and I keep hearing that the Cata revamp resulted in great questlines and stories being added to all the old zones. There were genuinely awesome quests the whole way up in various zones, actually, and they probably get missed entirely now because people want to be efficient about getting to level cap (no one wants levelling to last longer). The end result is I'm usually doing the intro quests in each zone which are usually terrible compared to the ones deeper within.

I'm going for Loremaster for Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. I have Kalimdor, The Eastern Kingdom and Draenor. Basically I'm playing all of the content I skipped when I leveled up to 60 and boosted to Draenor. Even left the guild I was randomly invited to a few weeks ago so I don't have any pressure to get to 100 quicker, play through Tanaan, gear up, and start raiding with them. Before Legion drops I want to have the Loremaster title amoung other things. There are some activities in WoW which are antithetical to how the player base actually plays the game.

Tarazet

I'm going for Loremaster for Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. I have Kalimdor, The Eastern Kingdom and Draenor. Basically I'm playing all of the content I skipped when I leveled up to 60 and boosted to Draenor. Even left the guild I was randomly invited to a few weeks ago so I don't have any pressure to get to 100 quicker, play through Tanaan, gear up, and start raiding with them. Before Legion drops I want to have the Loremaster title amoung other things. There are some activities in WoW which are antithetical to how the player base actually plays the game.

I also got the Loremaster title in this expansion. The void in current content drove me to find some goal to reach during WoD. Having finished it, I now have no reason to continue playing until the pre-expansion patch drops.

That sucks, I got some engineering mounts to farm--I need want to build the Depleted Kypranium Rocket--and I'm going to level up a Priest and Warlock after I max this Shaman out.

I get wanting to avoid Draenor, I don't know if I want to bother with the dungeons and raids in WoD now that I can queue as a healer instead of straight dps. Once I hit 100 with this Shaman that is. I might look towards joining a guild and raiding then

Daniel R

Enlighten me, Fray Island?
Was that a little island in the river between Durotar and the Barrens?

Edit: Nevermind, I googled it.

There is an island off the coast of the Barrens, south of Ratchet. It is called Fray Island and it is a place where warriors meet. Meet, and fight. --Wu Shen.

Ravenholdt Or Riot 2.0

Edit: Just googled it. THAT island. You're upset that you get this crazy Valkyr-Valhalla looking hall over THAT island. Sorry Warrior bros, that's now a run-down pirate hideout. Enjoy your more amazing looking replacement.
Fray Island as the Warrior class hall, just think of all the Barrens chat you're going to miss out on now. Think of all the lowbies whinging about The Crossroads being attacked. Begging you for gold, bags, or using trade chat as a soapbox for some weird semi-ignorant political rant. You have to miss all of that.

The Revenge of the Edit: The reason they're likely not using Ravenholdt Manor, Fray Island or Moonglade despite those areas being previously thematically important to their respective classes is likely because they're ghetto (Rabenholdt and Fray in particular), and even if Blizzard made new and improved versions of those places, people would still be unhappy. Blizzard also want to concentrate all players 100+ level players in the new expansion zones and not have them spread all across Aezeroth. I would pity all of the lowbies in Hillsbrad if they had to contend with every Horde and Alliance 100+lvl rogue in their realm being in their zone constantly trolling them. Fray Island would also grind the Southern Barrens to a halt and likely be trolled just as hard with Ratchet and Orgrimmar being close by for Alliance and Hordies to funnel in from. Darkshore isn't that far away from Moonglade for a level 100+ with max flying.

Robin64

They mentioned Fray Island during a Blizzcon panel.

You think of a place like Fray Island for Warriors, it’s a place that’s very significant to Warriors who’ve been around a while as the place where they got their Berserker Stance originally. Ultimately, it’s a desert island with some wooden buildings on it, so it doesn’t quite meet the cut for what we’re trying to achieve with Class Halls. We want you to feel more like a Warrior when you’re in that space.

Fuck Fray Island.

That's the 'Lock class hall, right? That's one of the reasons I want to make a Lock for Legion. I'm going to be rocking out in a sweet cave, with a sad Thrall. Listening to Linkin Park.

I'm sure the Shaman class hall will look badass, but I hope Thrall is nowhere near it.

The entitlement people feel they have to gear in the dungeon finder never fails to crack me up. Also throwing a fit over a piece of gear you can get in another run of the same dungeon, or how quickly in will be replaced by another piece of gear in level 80-ish content makes it even more ridiculous.

Nere

That's the 'Lock class hall, right? That's one of the reasons I want to make a Lock for Legion. I'm going to be rocking out in a sweet cave, with a sad Thrall. Listening to Linkin Park.

I'm sure the Shaman class hall will look badass, but I hope Thrall is nowhere near it.

The entitlement people feel they have to gear in the dungeon finder never fails to crack me up. Also throwing a fit over a piece of gear you can get in another run of the same dungeon, or how quickly in will be replaced by another piece of gear in level 80-ish content makes it even more ridiculous.

Where is the lock class hall?

Eiolon

Does Anyone know if you can get the anniversary achievement by not having an active account? I don't want to subscribe until the next expansion, and to be honedt, I don't want to go through the trouble of installing the game unless I can do it. Thanks!

strafer

Does Anyone know if you can get the anniversary achievement by not having an active account? I don't want to subscribe until the next expansion, and to be honedt, I don't want to go through the trouble of installing the game unless I can do it. Thanks!

You can use a trial character on the same account.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ravenholdt Or Riot 2.0

Edit: Just googled it. THAT island. You're upset that you get this crazy Valkyr-Valhalla looking hall over THAT island. Sorry Warrior bros, that's now a run-down pirate hideout. Enjoy your more amazing looking replacement.

Yeah I have to agree with this 100%. People really seem to go out of their way to let nostalgia-tinted memories of relatively minor events (I did a quest there in vanilla!) influence them too heavily. A shitty desert island with a few shacks is not and would never be cooler than fucking Valhalla.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you want something theatrical and stupidly fantastical and over the top like 'Valhalla' instead of something simple that is an island of murder and some rocks, I think you've missed the point of the warrior class entirely

Entropia

No One Remembers
If you want something theatrical and stupidly fantastical and over the top like 'Valhalla' instead of something simple that is an island of murder and some rocks, I think you've missed the point of the warrior class entirely

Given that the Warrior items are from Vykrul and they're all about the Norwegian lore and myth it makes sense the class hall is very Valhalla-ian.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If you want a simple island with rocks that has very little actual relevance to the warrior class over something that actually looks cool and is centered around a strength-worshiping culture, I think you've missed the point of playing video games.

ampere

Most players would say "wtf" if they got Fray Island or some other old area as their class hall. People want new stuff. It's how it be

I'm OK with getting Peak of Serenity as the Monk hall, but I am hoping it is redone. It's mostly an empty space atm

Anoregon

Is Acherus confirmed to be the DK hall as well? I mean it's awesome and I'd be totally cool with that, but they seem to be intentionally giving every class a new location instead of reusing existing ones that may or may not have a strong link to existing classes.

Shahadan

Fray Island like ravenholdt is irrelevant. Class halls shouldn't be somewhere because something happened there once in vanilla.

The place where your class will meet should be a place related to the idea and origin of said class.
Acherus for example fits by itself. You know you're somewhere DK related

Anoregon

Having a small shack in the middle of nowhere doesn't seem very Warrior'ish to me.

Blizz also specifically mentioned how they wanted a location that would make sense for all types of "warrior fantasy," which is one of the more diverse ones. Fray only really works for the savage, wild berserker type. It isn't really thematic/iconic for the disciplined soldier at arms or the stalwart knight. A Valhalla-type location that recognizes the martial prowess of all types of warrior works well enough without being specifically tilted towards any side of the class.

ampere

Is Acherus confirmed to be the DK hall as well? I mean it's awesome and I'd be totally cool with that, but they seem to be intentionally giving every class a new location instead of reusing existing ones that may or may not have a strong link to existing classes.

Like 99% confirmed, but we don't know if it's moving to the Broken Isles or staying in the Plaguelands

Nere

They said it is but will have some upgrades.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Blizz also specifically mentioned how they wanted a location that would make sense for all types of "warrior fantasy," which is one of the more diverse ones. Fray only really works for the savage, wild berserker type. It isn't really thematic/iconic for the disciplined soldier at arms or the stalwart knight. A Valhalla-type location that recognizes the martial prowess of all types of warrior works well enough without being specifically tilted towards any side of the class.

Thank you for wording this better than I could! I was actually trying to draw a comparison to their old talent tree backgrounds.

Anoregon

The old talent tree backgrounds are all cool pieces of art. I don't really miss the old trees but it's a shame those are sort of lost to the ether.

Anoregon

I'm actually miffed that Paladins are getting Light's Hope Chapel, unless that has changed now.

Technically they are getting an entirely new area under it, that doesn't yet exist in game.

Top Bottom