• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"F'n Ninja Style" -- Mickey Rourke's Rogue Warrior lines set to music.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Yeah! Bring it on, sucka! This is my kinda shit!

...Why doesn't Dick Marcinko play Dick Marcinko?

ram

shellshock 2 and now this crap - rebellion should just close its door - for a better world, and for a better future without crap games.

Why For?

Banned
Saw this on shelves down here in Australia a while ago.

Had never heard of the fucking thing. It just apeared. :lol Hopefully Bish has some impressions soon.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
OK.

when you're selecting your level of difficulty, it goes as follows. This is all verbatim, btw:

Recruits: IF YOU'RE A PUSSY, SELECT THIS ONE
Regulars: BRING IT ON, MOTHERFUCKERS
Elites: THINK YOU'RE FUCKING SPECIAL, HUH?

I am not a pussy, and while my mom believes I'm special I don't think that necessarily applies here. So I am going to bring it on. The fuck on. To North Korea.

I'm tasked with finding a contact who has some info about some shit that needs blowing up. Cutscene starts. Mickey Rourke says the word "fuck" roughly 17 times in the first 30 seconds. My God this is awesome. I am a hard motherfucker. Wait, all my guys got killed by a grenade. Shit fuck.

I sneak up on a North Korean officer from behind and perforate him with my knife. Then another one, and another one. I earn the Ninja trophy. Lights out, motherfucker. There's a fuse box that needs shooting. Fuck that. I toss a grenade instead!

HERE COME THE PARTY FAVORS

Switching to night vision goggles because I rule the night. Shit, I just got pasted by NK regulars. Not good. Quick restart, which is nice. I cut my way through like a hot knife through butter. North Korean fuck butter.

I'm in the yard. Despite killing everybody up until this point without making any noise, all the enemies in this area are alerted to my presence. Hmm. I can take cover and switch to a 3rd person POV, a la Rainbow Six. Time to rock and roll.

DROP DEAD YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, FUCKING AMATEURS

I blow up a jeep with a grenade!

SEND ME THE BILL, COCKSUCKERS

This is awesome. It isn't the best looking game I've ever seen, but getting drowned in a sonic bukkake of naughty words makes the occasional potty mouth session in Bad Company 2 seem like an episode of Elmo's World.

My verdict: BUY IT

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
He just yelled "GODDAMN COCKBREATH COMMIE MOTHERFUCKERS" while I wasted 5 guys at once

If this game doesn't get 80+ in Metacritic, there is no hope.

Does this motherfucker have a fucking co-op cockshit mode? If so, it is fucking sold to this sonofabitch cockbite.

Also: HAND ME THE FUCKING KEYS YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER MOTHERFUCKER! :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hope the PS3 port is not censored.

Game is pretty good for a low profile title. The game plays out like an 80s action flick and doesn't try to be anything but that. Very over-the-top and ballsy, the lead almost reminds me of Duke.

bishoptl said:
OK.

when you're selecting your level of difficulty, it goes as follows. This is all verbatim, btw:

Recruits: IF YOU'RE A PUSSY, SELECT THIS ONE
Regulars: BRING IT ON, MOTHERFUCKERS
Elites: THINK YOU'RE FUCKING SPECIAL, HUH?

I am not a pussy, and while my mom believes I'm special I don't think that necessarily applies here. So I am going to bring it on. The fuck on. To North Korea.

I'm tasked with finding a contact who has some info about some shit that needs blowing up. Cutscene starts. Mickey Rourke says the word "fuck" roughly 17 times in the first 30 seconds. My God this is awesome. I am a hard motherfucker. Wait, all my guys got killed by a grenade. Shit fuck.

I sneak up on a North Korean officer from behind and perforate him with my knife. Then another one, and another one. I earn the Ninja trophy. Lights out, motherfucker. There's a fuse box that needs shooting. Fuck that. I toss a grenade instead!

HERE COME THE PARTY FAVORS

Switching to night vision goggles because I rule the night. Shit, I just got pasted by NK regulars. Not good. Quick restart, which is nice. I cut my way through like a hot knife through butter. North Korean fuck butter.

I'm in the yard. Despite killing everybody up until this point without making any noise, all the enemies in this area are alerted to my presence. Hmm. I can take cover and switch to a 3rd person POV, a la Rainbow Six. Time to rock and roll.

DROP DEAD YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, FUCKING AMATEURS

I blow up a jeep with a grenade!

SEND ME THE BILL, COCKSUCKERS

This is awesome. It isn't the best looking game I've ever seen, but getting drowned in a sonic bukkake of naughty words makes the occasional potty mouth session in Bad Company 2 seem like an episode of Elmo's World.

My verdict: BUY IT

Wow, just wow! This single post just sold me on any game or otherwise you ever vouche for Bishop. Ontop of that this could be the single greatest piece of game related writing I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I'll be picking this up as soon as I get back.

from wiki:

"Announced in the Fall 2006 as a partnership between Bethesda Softworks and Zombie Studios, Rogue Warrior: Black Razor was billed as a tactical first-person shooter for release in 2007. Set in near-modern day North Korea, the plot focused on Marcinko and his team's effort to neutralize the nation's North Korean nuclear launch capability. The game was to be built using the Unreal Engine 3 and include drop-in four-player cooperative and 24-player competitive multiplayer, offering unpredictable maps based on a unique tiling system.[4]
In 2009, the game resurfaced after much silence. Bethesda has publicly stated that they were not satisfied with the direction Zombie was taking the game. Bethesda scrapped the project and commissioned Rebellion Developments to develop the game. Starting fresh, Rebellion made numerous changes to the gameplay, plot, and features. The setting shifted to 1986 USSR and North Korea; the game engine became proprietary; the cooperative play was struck along with the multiplayer tiling system; the overall focus turned to Marcinko's personality and kill moves; and the name was shortened to simply Rogue Warrior. Mickey Rourke was also announced as the celebrity voice actor of Marcinko."

i dunno how people can get hyped for alien vs. predator as all the latest rebellion games have turned into a shitfest.

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (video game) (2007, PSP)
Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts(2008, PS2)
Shellshock 2: Blood Trails (2009, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
PDC World Championship Darts 2009 (2009 Wii)
Rogue Warrior (2009, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (2009, PSP)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Heh, this thread actually spiked my interest in the game...then I saw all of the reviews.

I don't like to let reviews steer me one way or another, but when it's averaging a 2 out of 10, you know something's up. Still seems like it would be worth renting, though.

Ardorx

Banned
The Zombie studios version was a MUCH better concept but hey, Rebellion was probably cheaper and could be developed in less time. At least I know to avoid AvP and SUPER avoid Battlefront 3.

Zenith

Banned
"Like the ex-wife used to say: if I go down, I'll get in."

uh-huh......

I hear you can complete the game in 2 hours. this is really sapping my hype for AvP. What happened to you Rebellion, you used to be cool.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Zenith said:
"Like the ex-wife used to say: if I go down, I'll get in."

uh-huh......

I hear you can complete the game in 2 hours. this is really sapping my hype for AvP. What happened to you Rebellion, you used to be cool.
They've made like one good game (AvP for the PC, not the Jaguar version). Everything since then has been downhill.

dark10x said:
Heh, this thread actually spiked my interest in the game...then I saw all of the reviews. I don't like to let reviews steer me one way or another, but when it's averaging a 2 out of 10, you know something's up. Still seems like it would be worth renting, though.
only real problem with the game is that it's super short. it's like 2-3 hours.

these reviews come up with some ridiculous stuff trying to justify their scores. from gamepro conclusion "A generic, buggy and broken shooter with limited appeal". it's buggy and broken.

Doytch

2-3 hours? Awesome, gonna rent this for sure now.

e: To be clear, I actually like that the game is really short since I wasn't gonna pay $60 for it anyway.

Top Bottom