• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

Chrom

If you dont use your plays can you save them for next time? Both with the purchased ones and the free ones? Or do you need to use them before you exit out?

You have to use plays as soon as you get them. No way around that as far as I know.

Clov

Had a great run today! I only got one free play for getting 10 practice badges, but with the free play I had at the beginning I was able to do pretty well. I managed to make a Wind Waker icon badge fall by going back and forth, and I actually manage to get the Ridley badge in one go! Knocked a few other badges with him. I used my other free play to get the badge of Samus running. Tomorrow I'll try to get the one I'm missing, unless I see something I like more.

The amount of badges I want from this update is unsettling. Too many all at once.

I managed to grab both sets of Dr. Mario viruses today, which I really wanted.
Yes. Now imagine being in that position with no impulse control.

Let's just say Vegeta was right, he just had an extra zero.

The amount of badges I want from this update is unsettling. Too many all at once.

I managed to grab both sets of Dr. Mario viruses today, which I really wanted.

I wish we had a way to trade badges because I was the exact opposite with those NES Remix badges. None of them interested me and I had 4 turns to burn that day.

Those badges that rest further in the background like the Crest of Hyrule from today or the Splatoon Icon splats are my favorite. They really tie the icon room together breaking up the wall of squares and what not.

Javier

First time I've had 2 badges randomly fall by themselves for 2 different themes lol. 10 badges with 2 tries
Happened to me with a Bob-Omb in a SMW-themed Super Mario Maker one.

Like, I was just scrolling through the crane games, and that one fell from the top of the screen, and bounced right to the pit.

Kolma

The Mario Christmas badges are up in Europe today

They've been on NA for a couple days now, just missing one of the Mario's
Code:
[IMG]https://instagram.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t51.2885-15/e35/12298826_795296177259942_761415536_n.jpg[/IMG]
Really wish we could put badges between tiles..
I would like to have had Mario sit in the middle of the pipe.
Chain Chomp is also pretty awful looking outside of the crane game.
Speaking of... really annoying how much of a pain he is to get, I would like to make a really long chain chomp chain for some reason...

JoeM86

This week, in Japan. Bunny got confused and greeted me in English, then in Spanish

Swapnote

ey4nfdl.png

WarioWare Inc

xeccpBb.png

Kirby Squeak Squad

u3d6OJM.png
XJB71IH.png
YoMAJTA.png
xUzXAOo.png
3Rr6cic.png

Splatoon

JeKbr0y.png
jgsIict.png
KqU0mho.png
9NgnSaf.png
ta1nDdV.png

Ice Climbers

PexW1A0.png
ViOI1o7.png
EEQnrZ7.png

The Christmas Mario made a return, too

Huge special event next week to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the game.

I have to hand it to Nintendo. There is something enjoyable and addictive about this. I don't have to play every day but I try to. I'm glad they are quick to give out free plays, and while I realize I don't have to pay for more, I have done so a couple of times now and don't regret it.

n64coder

I just read the OP - I had no idea there was a practice crane where you can potentially earn free plays.

You have been missing out on a lot of free plays! I pretty much always get at least 1 free play. Many times I've gotten two and a couple of times, I got 3. Sometimes you get a free play for just listening to the bunny's spiel or his boss is giving one out.

The only thing I dislike about the game is the extremely long startup time.

Toad.T

Banned
(NA) Tomorrow's badges are going to be Pokémon, while we'll be getting BoxBoy the day after. Looked through the collection tab and saw those ones missing, even though I'm fully up to date otherwise.

Chopper

Within the pokemon collection, is there a simple pokeball badge? I'd love one of those for my folder full of pokemon games.

Clov

Had another great day! Only one free play, but I made the most of it. The Chain Chomp one spawned leaning to the right, so I kept going back and forth and got the whole set after a while! Then I used my free play to get the Samus badge I was missing from the Metroid one with Ridley. Pretty happy about how it went!

Skrams

Got 5 practice badges with my first 4 tries and after the board reset I decided, well whatever, I'll go for Mario and Piston Honda. Grabbed them both, Mario's fight text bubble knocked the hovering badge which then proceeded to fall down and knock everything out. I got 5 with my last try.

So I guess if you're really lucky or good you can get 25 on the practice machine today.

I also got a 3 play bonus badge, so 4 plays total. I used them to get clear the Punchout board, push down the holiday pipe clearing out all but 1 badge, and then 2 unsuccessful attempts at getting dying holiday Mario. I guess he's set to only fall if you touch him with the crane because no amount of pushing on other objects made him fall. I actually fucked myself more by using L/R to make the blocks on the right fall on him.

Dang it sucks seeing all the new badges.

In a hotel the last week due to moving complications and while I got internet via the hotel on my iPad, for some reason while I can connect, I can't get my 3DS Browser to load up the "agree to the hotel terms" even tho when I test my connection it gives me a error that says thats what I may need to do. It just plain won't load the agree page, so I missed out on the badge arcade the past week and that'll likely conitinue since once we get settled, I very likely won't have internet until January. :/

sakipon

Dang it sucks seeing all the new badges.

In a hotel the last week due to moving complications and while I got internet via the hotel on my iPad, for some reason while I can connect, I can't get my 3DS Browser to load up the "agree to the hotel terms" even tho when I test my connection it gives me a error that says thats what I may need to do. It just plain won't load the agree page, so I missed out on the badge arcade the past week and that'll likely conitinue since once we get settled, I very likely won't have internet until January. :/

Have you looked into creating a wi-fi hotspot on your mobile phone, is that possible for you? Because that's how I roll whenever I'm outside and need to go online with my 3DS or Vita.

Have you looked into creating a wi-fi hotspot on your mobile phone, is that possible for you? Because that's how I roll whenever I'm outside and need to go online with my 3DS or Vita.
I got no mobile phone or else I'd try. :p

Its sucks but will just have to deal with missing them for now. Will probably try to find a free hotspot at mcdonald's or something on Smash day so I'll atleast get back into it on that day, but I'll just have to wait for January for the most part.

Kaleo

Neo Member
(NA) Tomorrow's badges are going to be Pokémon, while we'll be getting BoxBoy the day after. Looked through the collection tab and saw those ones missing, even though I'm fully up to date otherwise.

Pokémon badges today in the US?

Exactly.

(NA)
Six Pokémon panels added today (according to Joe's site: Greninja, Yveltal, Xerneas, Gengar, Breloom and Noctowl panels).

With two chances, I messed up trying to get Malamar. Just dropped Scraggy :(

n64coder

windwaker zelda is literally evil

I thought "wow", I''l get her with my 1 free play.

The balance has edges to hold stuff in which can screw you over since Zelda is a tall badge and it will most likely get caught.

I wasted 1.29 on Zelda, and I still didn't get her cuz she got stuck on her side

help me get her, GAF

So does anyone have any tips on this board? I wasted a dollar and only got 2 out of the 4. I'm wondering if using the claw, you can push on the right side of the balance to tip things over? I had Zelda on the left and one item on the right. I couldn't pick up anything else because the crane would push down the balance and the claw would not grab anything because the balance would move out of the way.

Kolma

So does anyone have any tips on this board? I wasted a dollar and only got 2 out of the 4. I'm wondering if using the claw, you can push on the right side of the balance to tip things over? I had Zelda on the left and one item on the right. I couldn't pick up anything else because the crane would push down the balance and the claw would not grab anything because the balance would move out of the way.

I got 2/3 items on right like normal.
then I went after zelda, made sure not to directly go after here but sorta on the side so i got her with inside of one of the claw.

So long as claw machine doesn't directly get touched in the middle or at tip of a claw it will keep going down till it actually has to stop.

This week, in Japan. Bunny got confused and greeted me in English, then in Spanish

The Christmas Mario made a return, too

Huge special event next week to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the game.

I was really confused; for a split-second I thought I was playing my English 3DS.

Anyway, I managed to snag Santa Nikki with 3 plays. Phew.

foltzie1

I have to hand it to Nintendo. There is something enjoyable and addictive about this. I don't have to play every day but I try to. I'm glad they are quick to give out free plays, and while I realize I don't have to pay for more, I have done so a couple of times now and don't regret it.

Indeed. This should be the second mobile game and make the badges cross compatible via Nintendo account.

Heck while we're at it just make them "stamps" too and use it like an achievement system.

Seriously Nintendo, this bunny has legs.

JoeM86

Indeed. This should be the second mobile game and make the badges cross compatible via Nintendo account.

Heck while we're at it just make them "stamps" too and use it like an achievement system.

Seriously Nintendo, this bunny has legs.

I don't think badges would be something that can be done on mobile though

backlot

I got 5 free plays today and was able to grab Xerneas, Breloom, Amoonguss and a few others. I'm gonna be gunning for Scrafty tomorrow. Anyone know if grabbing Yveltal on his panel will knock the rest of the badges out with it? It looks like it might.

Draxal

They could but it would be a complete pita to manage and not worth the hassle.

Just waiting and waiting for the Fire Emblem If;Fates sprites/portraits coming to the states than all my money will be gone.

mclem

The problem with making it mobile is that it requires Nintendo to have control over the OS, which isn't going to happen. I guess the best thing is to do something similar to Miiverse stamps and set it up as clipart that can be used in a drawing tool.

I said a while back when Stamps first appeared that I thought they were a good way to implement a small - but effective - reward tied to achievements, by giving you art tools to use in Miiverse. The flaw back then was the fact that there wasn't a centralised library, instead a situation where you could only access the stamps that corresponded to your current game.

If Miiverse does persist into the next platform, I'd like to see that issue solved, and badges integrated into it.

foltzie1

They could but it would be a complete pita to manage and not worth the hassle.

Just waiting and waiting for the Fire Emblem If;Fates sprites/portraits coming to the states than all my money will be gone.

The problem with making it mobile is that it requires Nintendo to have control over the OS, which isn't going to happen. I guess the best thing is to do something similar to Miiverse stamps and set it up as clipart that can be used in a drawing tool.

I said a while back when Stamps first appeared that I thought they were a good way to implement a small - but effective - reward tied to achievements, by giving you art tools to use in Miiverse. The flaw back then was the fact that there wasn't a centralised library, instead a situation where you could only access the stamps that corresponded to your current game.

If Miiverse does persist into the next platform, I'd like to see that issue solved, and badges integrated into it.

The Badge Arcade could be an app and the pages could be integrated with Miitomo, Nintendo Account, ect.

As for using them to adorn your mobile OS, it wouldn't work on iOS, but Android, maybe.

GWX

I downloaded this yesterday, and while it seems fun, I couldn't get the home screen customization to work. When I press Y, the customization menu appears for a split second and then vanishes, and hitting home once doesn't bring it up, it just goes back to the game :(

Top Bottom