• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate - Jack the Ripper Gameplay Trailer

Xav

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is £24.99 over at Amazon if anyone is interested in jumping in.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Why're the character models so much better. O.O

Also this is such a rarity. Evie's like 40 years old here. Super refreshing to see an older assassin, let alone a older woman assassin.

Evie looks old, awesome!

And if you think Jacob is the ripper, well... lmao.

I'd be more surprised if he wasn't.

Jack's identity is obviously going to be presented as a surprise/twist and that requires a character the player is familiar with.

CHC

Goddamn did I just see SNOW in that trailer? Perfect.

I'm liking Syndicate a good deal, so I'll probably be getting this. I got the game SUPER cheap so I almost feel kinda bad - I wouldn't minding getting the DLC to make up for it.

Edit: Oh wow 15 bucks. Done deal. Didn't really want to have to pay 30 bucks for the season pass.

DOWN

Banned
I have to admit I think Syndicate is the best writing since Brotherhood. The actors nail it too. The game looks a little rougher than Unity most of the time, but it is still a really pleasant engagement so far.

purg3

slept with Malkin
blah, should have picked up Syndicate on black Friday while it was cheap because this looks really cool.

Ascenion

Jacob had more missions than evie in the main game, so I'm okay with them focusing on her.

I suppose that's fair. It's fairly obvious they didn't think the dual protagonist thing through as well as they should've.

The last maharaja missions have him on the cover so that'll likely be focusing on him.

Cool, I hadn't seen that. Although given what we know post Syndicate wouldn't that make more sense for Evie?

MikeDown

Banned
ewww she looks old

on a somewhat unrelated note, how is the story/plot in syndicate? Is it dry/dull like the previous Assassin's Creed games? I really liked the first one, but thought 2 was pretty mediocre.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I suppose that's fair. It's fairly obvious they didn't think the dual protagonist thing through as well as they should've.

Cool, I hadn't seen that. Although given what we know post Syndicate wouldn't that make more sense for Evie?
Technically. It might be for advertising purposes. It remains to be seen.

ewww she looks old

on a somewhat unrelated note, how is the story/plot in syndicate? Is it dry/dull like the previous Assassin's Creed games? I really liked the first one, but thought 2 was pretty mediocre.
Buddy cop comedy would be a good description.

ewww she looks old

Syndicate is essentially fan service for AC2 fans, so if you didn't like AC2 you will not really like Syndicate. If you loved AC2 and AC4, then you will love Syndicate.

I thought the story wasn't quite as good as AC2/AC4, it had some really good moments but then it sorta petered out around the 60% mark. The twins were a great system, playing as either one, but not utilized in the best way - would have been nice to have seen a deeper impact depending on which character you played, and more of a difference between them.

Why're the character models so much better. O.O

Also this is such a rarity. Evie's like 40 years old here. Super refreshing to see an older assassin, let alone a older woman assassin.
I know, what an awesome thing to do. Really happy with this decision!

Edit: I think I'd love to do the OT tbh.

dreamfall

Whoa, that trailer was awesome! Wasn't planning on jumping back in, but it looked like a solo campaign with and older Evie will definitely be worth it. Totally loved Syndicate!

Evie looks older, so my guess is that Jacob is the ripper.

Dammit, beat me to it.

Don't think it would be that obvious though. The "reunion" line is probably a red herring.

EDIT: Do we know how many expansions there will be for Syndicate? Might pick up the Season pass if there will be more like this one.

Top Bottom