• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2015 (Nov 30 - Dec 06)

SarusGray

I'll try not to be too salty about Gravity Rush 2, but I doubt it'll be as much fun to play with a DS4 than on a Vita. It won't be the same feeling. Plus open worlds on home consoles are not very special anymore.

I couldn't stand GR on vita. I'm hoping gravity rush kills it WW. Though I have a feeling it won't...

For a game that apparently shipped 100k units, Steins Gate didn't rank quite well in those charts. Let's see where it will land on Famitsu.

horuhe

And this shows how reliable is Rakuten.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. But, I think I said this before, I only post "that site only based sales", that obviously are biased towards the amount of copies they handle.

The "right" ranking of course has Monster Hunter Cross in first position, mostly because other sellers, and there are a lot including Bic Camera and Joshin, that have that supply on their online store. Rakuten is by far a better metric than Amazon.

I just need to re-think about how to post the different retailers that top the charts with a single game in order to not drive people confusing.

Here, there is a proof of what I'm talking about. Maybe, you will notice that the currently weekly top is from last week, and that's because the site is updated on Wednesday and the "Books" stuff I use it as an early report. Maybe I must change to this page, but not deny it at all.

ranking.rakuten.co.jp/weekly/101205/

hiska-kun

For a game that apparently shipped 100k units, Steins Gate didn't rank quite well in those charts. Let's see where it will land on Famitsu.

Probably the 100k shipment included digital sales. And these kind of games tend to sell quite well digital.
I wouldn't be surprised if retail sales are not that high as they should according to report.

hiska-kun

Rakuten is by far a better metric than Amazon.

I'm not sure about that. Monster Hunter is on Top on Amazon.jp since... forever. Disney is #11 and Sumicco #17 at the moment. I can't see how is better now.

Monster Hunter and Disney Magic Castle diference of sales it's not a couple of thousand units, or a small margin. The difference could be perfectly 200k this week, that's enormously huge. Even with stock problems, there's no way to get this numbers.

L~A

Looks like the Monster Hunter Stories anime is called Monster Hunter Stories RIDE ON. 48 episodes of 30mn (24mn if you remove the commercials), from the looks of it. Still no air date, but my guess is most likely debut in Summer season (or April if we hear about it by then).

http://www.anime-japan.jp/business/contents/

enishi

From an event poster of our local (Hong Kong) Gunpla distributor, there will be Gundam Breaker 3 for PS4, as a prize of their Jan-Feb 2016 lucky draw.

Probably we will see official announcement tmr in Famitsu.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From an event poster of our local (Hong Kong) Gunpla distributor, there will be Gundam Breaker 3 for PS4, as a prize of their Jan-Feb 2016 lucky draw.

Famitsu was teasing a Gundam announcement...it must be that

I'd be surprised at only PS4, given how much the Vita version took over last time.

I am not surprised at the announcement though. Series seemed very well received and last one seemed to sell pretty well.

salromano

Announcement makes sense. It's probably on PS3 and PS Vita, too. It'd be cool to see Crafts & Meister do something else, though. I never played Earth Seeker but I heard it was good and it always looked interesting to me. I want to see more like that from them.

Announcement makes sense. It's probably on PS3 and PS Vita, too. It'd be cool to see Crafts & Meister do something else, though. I never played Earth Seeker but I heard it was good and it always looked interesting to me. I want to see more like that from them.

It did look good, but didn't that game sell absolutely terribly?

horuhe

I'm not sure about that. Monster Hunter is on Top on Amazon.jp since... forever. Disney is #11 and Sumicco #17 at the moment. I can't see how is better now.

Monster Hunter and Disney Magic Castle diference of sales it's not a couple of thousand units, or a small margin. The difference could be perfectly 200k this week, that's enormously huge. Even with stock problems, there's no way to get this numbers.

Yeah, and you're right again. However you were comparing hourly with weekly and not only that, there's something I do when I post the chart, I take away hardware, accessories, amiibo and games that are not necessary to appear. Did you remember when some weeks ago appeared Dream Team on chart? So, since then I was classifying what I take to post. If you do the same with your info about Amazon, of course those gonna be on higher positions than they are. Of course, you are completely right at saying that is an inconsistency from my part to express in some way that two games sell more than Cross, it's obvious that it doesn't happen, as I explained before, it's about the site only based sales, and not counting other potential retailers.

As I said before, I need to re-think how to post the "right and correct" chart because I think it's quite useful given the marketshare the company has regarding online purchases and stuff like that, of course, if anyone is not contrary to this. Don't know what time exactly they post the official weekly but I think is some hours before Media Create. I'm sorry, btw, if I drive some people confusing with this.

hiska-kun

Pokken Tournament Wii U Set Bundle has being decided. It will include a Card Amiibo of Dark Mewtwo.

It will launch on March 18th, pre-orders start on December 26th.

About the price, can you guess it? Of course, Wii U price went up.

¥36,800 (tax not included)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokken_wiiU/news/151215_02.html

Splatoon Set Bundle is ¥34,000
Super Mario Maker Bundle is ¥33,000
Mario Kart 8 Bundle was ¥32,800

Pokken Tournament Wii U Set Bundle has being decided. It will include a Card Amiibo of Dark Mewtwo.

I guess there's always the hope like with the Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle that it's a bullshit price to make people think there isn't a price cut coming by then...

AdolescentLikelyLacewing.gif

Yeah, a game that sold way below 100k during its first week (unless it sold 50% or so on PSN).

Worth noting that in a fairly recent Famitsu interview with Aquaplus' President, he explained that Itsuwari no Kamen is apparently their second highest selling game of all time, with the original ToHeart for the PSX being the top dog.

Not that it makes a difference with numbers or anything, but he expressed how happy he was with the results.

Can't wait until the Wii U gets sent off with a ¥40,000 Zelda U bundle!

RyoonZ

Banned
New Gundam SD Generation game for PS4, PS3, Vita
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/15095159.html

and Gundam Breaker 3 for PS4, Vita
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/15095164.html

PS ecosystem hwaiting~

Seems pretty stupid to release so many Gundam game on the PlayStation where the userbase for these games diminish with each iteration. I'm really questioning the business decision that these higher-up made, they need to branch out unless they want to become Winkysoft.

Wow, isnt PS4 ¥34,980 after the price drop?

Mory Dunz

Is there any reason Pokken won't dominate Japan

....how dumb.

Ōkami

#FE's bundle is around 40k yen, that should stay as the most expensive WiiU bundle of all.

For what it's worth, that one comes with the Fortissimo Edition of the game.

The Pokken bundle should also be the last bundle for the system, unless they bundle Star Fox 0 for some reason.

hiska-kun

Ōkami;189275627 said:
#FE's bundle is around 40k yen, that should stay as the most expensive WiiU bundle of all.

For what it's worth, that one comes with the Fortissimo Edition of the game.

The Pokken bundle should also be the last bundle for the system, unless they bundle Star Fox 0 for some reason.

#FE is 40k yen including tax.
Excluding tax (then you can compare with the other bundle prices) is ¥37,800

It's the most expensive one, but note that is a Special Edition with a lot of extra stuff.

SarusGray

According to One Arcade who sold its unit.

in general its not but not because its a bad game or anything. You get a long of bang for your buck from one play session from what I hear so you don't really need to pay more. It's definitely more of a console game rather than arcade.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's report

- Monster Hunter X is on the top spot for third consecutive week. Stock problems continued this week again, due to PSP users that are returning with this entry and also the usual 3DS users demand.
- Steins;gate 0 sold amazing and had stock problems too.

Following week:
- Monster Strike pre-orders are promising and it's expected to open similar to Puzzle & Dragons Z.
- Monster Hunter X is expected on second spot.
- Third place will be for Fallout 4 that has good pre-orders. The last entry had very few pre-orders and it sold well thanks to light users. If it happens again, stock problems might happen.

Link added:
http://mantan-web.jp/2015/12/15/20151215dog00m200019000c.html

L~A

Huh? I thought the bundle included the special controller? But damn that price... it really feels like they don't want to make their console too attractive compared to their next platform.

With SMM and Splatoon, I can understand the price (Nintendo not wanting to lose money + they know it'll sell anyway), but this... I dunno. Makes me want to put my tinfoil hat and go crazy with conspiracy theories, ha ha.

Well, pretty sure quantities will be extremely limited, so that's most likely why price is so high. Since it's a black console, there most likely will be only one shipment at launch (just like the Xeno X and #FE bundles).

By the way, surprised this wasn't mentioned by Yo-kai Watch Sangokushi will be playable at the World Hobby Fair '16 Winter in January. Website was updated and now says 2016.

Even has a boxart:

April (for Golden Week) release? Would leave enough time for Yo-kai Watch 3 in July.

A GW release seems natural - 3DS early 2016 lineup is shaling up nicely - there are SMTIV Final in February, DQM Joker 3 in March and MH Stories should also be release before Summer.

Fisico

Worth noting that in a fairly recent Famitsu interview with Aquaplus' President, he explained that Itsuwari no Kamen is apparently their second highest selling game of all time, with the original ToHeart for the PSX being the top dog.

Not that it makes a difference with numbers or anything, but he expressed how happy he was with the results.

Well yeah the game sold great for what it was and even has some legs thanks to the anime and PSV SKU (it was at 40k last time it appeared on Dengeki a few weeks ago, wouldn't surprise me if it hits 50k retail by the end of the year).

The point was about the difference between what the publisher says "HELL YES 100K" and what we saw/will see in the charts.

The point was about the difference between what the publisher says "HELL YES 100K" and what we saw/will see in the charts.

By the looks of things we're going to start seeing a lot more "HELLS YES [...]K" announcements that don't match up with the charts thanks to digital. Seem to remember it happening with Estival Versus; Utawarerumono and likely Steins;gate this week.

mao2

Well yeah the game sold great for what it was and even has some legs thanks to the anime and PSV SKU (it was at 40k last time it appeared on Dengeki a few weeks ago, wouldn't surprise me if it hits 50k retail by the end of the year).

Aquaplus' president actually tweeted that Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen surpassed 120K about 2 weeks after the 100K announcement. Perhaps digital sales are surprisingly high?
https://twitter.com/AP_shimokawa/status/654196544548139009
皆様に支えられて順調にオーダーを頂いている「うたわれるもの 偽りの仮面」が12万本突破しました!!ありがとうございます。次回作に向けて頑張りますのでこれからも応援よろしくです!! #うたわれ

By the looks of things we're going to start seeing a lot more "HELLS YES [...]K" announcements that don't match up with the charts thanks to digital. Seem to remember it happening with Estival Versus; Utawarerumono and likely Steins;gate this week.

Itsuwari no Kamen needed to sell close to 35% digital to match the 100k announcement. It is surely true but allow people to be skeptical.

Fisico

Itsuwari no Kamen needed to sell close to 35% digital to match the 100k announcement. It is surely true but allow people to be skeptical.

I think we got the Famitsu digital estimates afterwards, and while the ratio was good it was still nowhere good enough to reach the supposed 100k.

Just checked the numbers and yeah, seems you're right, 65k shipment on the first numbers we received.

The 100k tweet was from 28th though. Is it something as simple as there was a second shipment at the time that tweet was made (since it was the day after the Media Create numbers were released)?

Top Bottom