• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

MrPanic

Welp, that Mewtwo badge is quite the scam. That feeling when you got all the abra's out of the way and you have to spend 3 more turns just to get Mewtwo rolling...

JoeM86

This week, in Japan...they're really giving the Isabelle love. Lots of new ones and repeat ones

Animal Crossing

LA1TjnQ.png
xJp1O9a.png
PNh86EB.png
eNIHyPM.png
7Zcwyq6.png
D2zUaoL.png
VCIVVnu.png
qlxdHd4.png

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Really, Nintendo? No free plays on Christmas?! The owner has got that bunny on lock; didn't even mention the holiday.

In all seriousness, the person or people in charge of this at NOA and NOE may be on vacation, no? Maybe it can't be pre-programmed way in advance, but whatever the case, my body is ready for the free play on Valentine's Day...hopefully.

I got an error message when I tried to start up the badge arcade for the past two days. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.
Do you mean an issue connecting to the internet through the game? If so, I had the same issue. I just went into my connection settings, tested the connection I used, and went back and reloaded the Badge Arcade. It worked fine after that.

Do you mean an issue connecting to the internet through the game? If so, I had the same issue. I just went into my connection settings, tested the connection I used, and went back and reloaded the Badge Arcade. It worked fine after that.
Yeah, I think that's the problem. I'm staying at my uncle's house, so it's not my usual internet connection. I don't have my 3ds with me right now, but I'll have to try that.

LayLa

I can't understand moon runes at all.
But I'd like to think that's basically a $10 eshop card with a free 5 plays for Badge Arcade.

My piss poor reading skills decode that as "5 play present", so maybe?
Incidentally how many free plays do Japanese people get for a red target practice badge? In the US it's 3 but in the EU it's 2 (boo!)

JoeM86

I do like that they're giving bonuses with prepaid cards nowadays. Pokémon Picross' came with a theme so 5 free plays is a great thing, plus gives this game a nice retail presence too.
My piss poor reading skills decode that as "5 play present", so maybe?
Incidentally how many free plays do Japanese people get for a red target practice badge? In the US it's 3 but in the EU it's 2 (boo!)

In Japan it's 3, too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah it's an eshop card with free 5 plays, like those eshop cards with an AR card inside (which got an international release)

illusionary

Zelda badges for Europe at last! (I'm new to this 'game' - have we had any sets before?)

I'm a little disappointed by the selection, though - I'd hoped at least for a Triforce. Still, I grabbed the Hyrulian shield and bow badges with my free plays.

tmarg

Finally got a Blathers badge. I've wasted so many free plays on him. I didn't figure he was so popular that they would constantly put him in extremely difficult locations, but I guess he is.

I actually messed it up again this time, but finally got a lucky roll of another badge to nudge him down.

Forkball

These Isabelles are impossible to get in the JPN version. I've botched it every time. They are always in the back, and even obvious grabs can somehow go awry.

When I started up, the bunny said:
Hey hey! Happy day-before-the-day-before New Year's Eve.

As someone whose favorite holiday is New years, I really appreciate this.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Ran across a Badge Arcade ad while viewing Youtube videos.

https://youtu.be/UG-eNB9Gt0E

Pretty interesting. I didn't think Nintendo would take the time to advertise this.

I'm pleasantly surprised that it even came over, Japan had it about 11 months before the rest of the world. It's tempting to pay, and even free you can get a decent number of plays and rewards. It's not the kind of F2P app you remove.

SoulUnison

Banned
8-Bit sushi is evil.
I pulled the one that's "plugging" the rest from falling down the slope, and they just got jammed up under the platform, instead.

:(

Joqu

I finally decided to check this out and I'm absolutely terrible. I get the appeal but that and the lack of free plays I've been getting (are those universal? I figured new players would get more) has sort of soured me on the experience. But hey, at least my wallet's happy.

joedick

What are you supposed to do on that 'Tuxedo Mario' one that has a Bowser badge? anything that's grabbed just gets dropped on the ledge on the right. I used my two free plays on this, I have two more plays from practice but I'm not sure if I should use any more on this stage.

The Zelda MM badges were kind of disappointing. They looked very low res and were mostly mask icons. I only got the hearts.

Really happy about the Pokemon ones though, paid 3€ and got pretty much all of the ones I wanted expect for Charizard. I hope we get lots of new once since all EU panels expire today.

illusionary

The Zelda MM badges were kind of disappointing. They looked very low res and were mostly mask icons. I only got the hearts.
Even then, I'd hoped that we'd get them for more than three days. I managed to get a total of four badges out of my free plays, but with a run of dummy badges from the practice catcher not as many as I'd hoped for.

Even then, I'd hoped that we'd get them for more than three days. I managed to get a total of four badges out of my free plays, but with a run of dummy badges from the practice catcher not as many as I'd hoped for.

Yeah definitely. I forgot to post this when it happened, but I think the Swapnote/Nikki badges disappeared one day even without a warning. I didn't get the ones I wanted :(

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
MM badges was the first time I spent 1€ cause I needed the bottle-icons for the MM Gold theme. Rest is fugly though.

Top Bottom