• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Office programs now have ESRB ratings

RedToad64

If you view the Office applications on the Windows 10 Store then you will see they now have ESRB ratings! Here are some screenshots I took.
Get Office:
tTzenez.png

Word Mobile:
tfxgqBe.png
In fact, it looks like most (or maybe all?) of Microsoft's apps have ESRB ratings now. How unusual!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Not surprising, I hear they turned Excel into a pretty cool space MMO.

So, the long-speculated merging of universal apps and the Win10 platform joining Xbox One might be coming true after all. Basically, make Win10 PC platforms (assuming minimum specs are met) and the X1 game console interchangeable.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Pure insanity. But as long as this is the direction MS is going in, it should work both ways. For example I'd like to have Master Chief as my office assistant, or Conker, or Minecraft guy.

etta

my hard graphic balls
This is what I'm thinking. A possible sign that these apps will be coming to Xbox console some time in the future as Windows 10 and Xbox merge more.
Awww yiss, motha' fuckin' spread sheets with the Elite controller.

It's real. Who am I kidding, of course it's real.

Oh my god, those reviews are amazing:

But I digress. I felt a pang of jealousy, but then scrolled to the next, and final, sample page.

Here is what it said, in its entirety: "*".

Yes, an asterisk. I think it was Clippy saying "here is my tiny steel butt; toss my metallic salad, you loser who won't fork over three bucks to read more."

EXCEL used to have achievements. It was actually pretty rad and helpful in learning new things.

I wish they'd bring those back.

samn

It was probably awarded through this

https://www.globalratings.com/

Dev submits their app with a questionnaire, IARC assigns a rating automatically via the ESRB, PEGI etc, later on someone goes through the app store and checks it actually conforms (supposedly)

Essentially it's a way to get an app rated worldwide by trusted local bodies but without the hassle i.e. without anyone really checking up on it.

I was on Amazon or Google Play or some storefront a week or so ago and was confused as to why a ton of non-game apps and programs had ESRB ratings

This makes sense if these are headed to XBO, but I also saw a ton of other apps on the MS store with ESRB ratings, too. Maybe it's a sign of things to come.

Well, you could open up a document with all sorts of themes that would warrant a rating.

By that logic, NeoGAF could have an Adult rating because I can type boobies boobies penis willy hats.

I am sure Jack Tretton will sue on behalf of a mom who walked in to her son writing "penispenispenispenispenis" in Word because it is destroying his innocence with its freedom to allow obscene content.

Fisty

I am sure Jack Tretton will sue on behalf of a mom who walked in to her son writing "penispenispenispenispenis" in Word because it is destroying his innocence with its freedom to allow obscene content.

Lol i think you mean Jack Thompson? Tretton would just drop the mic and walk out on the mom

Top Bottom