• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X10 Predictions Thread

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MechDX said:
Capcom and Midway finally get smart. Start to release "Dream Packs" on XBLA with HD visuals and online play.

Capcom announce Pack 1:

Tech Romancer
Project Justice
Cannon Spike

Midway announces:

Hydro Thunder
RUSH 2049

Both packs to be realeased the same day as the announcement.
If Rush 2049 is the arcade version and not the console version, I'll toast to that. :D

"Tomorrow is big people, not just X10 but NPD too..." touts Aaron Greenberg over his official Twitter account

Seems like the 360 might have impressed during January in NA sales

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The hype train derailed? Let's try and get it back on track...

MrPointyHead

...Should be plenty of big announcements tomorrow, so look out for a vid on IX on Friday morning! I'll Tweet as the news rolls in too...
about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck
Reply Retweet

MrPointyHead
Greetings from San Francisco! Just landed after a great flight (Club class upgrade FTW), now catching up on work before X10 tomorrow...
about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck

Revelations said:
Did we find out what TS means yet/ maybe it's a new unannounced title? Maybe it's Itagaki's new game?

It's been said several times already: probably Toy Soldiers, a Microsoft-published XBLA game.

I don't think we'll see Itagaki's new game before TGS. Well, maybe at E3, but I doubt it.

mujun

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
It's been said several times already: probably Toy Soldiers, a Microsoft-published XBLA game.

I don't think we'll see Itagaki's new game before TGS. Well, maybe at E3, but I doubt it.

I'd love a Toy Soldiers release date. March please!

keithm

It seems like people's expectations of this event are getting way out of hand. Isn't this a pretty small event compared to previous "X" events? Is there even a press conference? Maybe one or two exciting announcements tomorrow, and some trailers/videos, but I'd expect that most of the big reveals will be saved for E3 or GDC.

Sean

Banned
keithm said:
It seems like people's expectations of this event are getting way out of hand. Isn't this a pretty small event compared to previous "X" events? Is there even a press conference? Maybe one or two exciting announcements tomorrow, and some trailers/videos, but I'd expect that most of the big reveals will be saved for E3 or GDC.

This is GAF we're talking about, everyone gets themselves hyped expecting megatons and then there's a major backlash when it doesn't live up to their unrealistic expectations. Happens with every event and this will be no different.

Sean said:
This is GAF we're talking about, everyone gets themselves hyped expecting megatons and then there's a major backlash when it doesn't live up to their unrealistic expectations. Happens with every event and this will be no different.
And in every event predictions thread, someone asks why everyone is getting so hyped, and then someone posts the exact post you just posted.

The GAF-cycle.

Sean said:
I, for one, like the GAF cycle. D:

I for one, cant wait to hear what comes out this and I am ready for the normal gaf reactions ( usually geeks me out in the first place and thats why i love this place) :D

Lunchbox

Banned
Sean said:

xbox 720 w/built in Natal
Halo4 as launch tittle
MS buys EA

give n4g a call

NinjaFusion said:
how long till we get to know anything for sure?

From the hints it sounds like a ton of media of a bunch of already well-known stuff?

Around 18-20 hrs still unless media starts going live early.

There will be NPD numbers before that so I doubt GAF servers are gonna hold up.

Lunchbox said:
xbox 720 w/built in Natal
Halo4 as launch tittle
MS buys EA

give n4g a call

LOL and then at E3, sony still talks about the 10 year life cycle, buys Activision, while Nintendo buys Ubisoft, end of video gaming industry.

Oh and expects GAF's 500 errors. :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
NinjaFusion said:

From the hints it sounds like a ton of media of a bunch of already well-known stuff?
My guess is that they'll really push the stuff that's already known now and save anything really new for GDC and more-so E3.

With the relatively fast turnaround time for the Natal games they're making I imagine they want to wait as long as humanly possible before showing them off, so they can get further along in development.

We might get like a new XBLA game or two announced though, just for the sake of saying they had at least something new to announce.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
From what I was told, expect X10 to show to be a showcase of spring titles through september. They'll be showing off a similar set of games at the mvp summit next week too. No press conference, lots of new media, supposedly three announcements, and tons of hands-on time.

Great to hear there will be some cool new stuff from Remedy, for a game (supposedly) coming out so soon we've seen very little.

NinjaFusion said:

Which is fine! In reality we've seen very little of games Like Alan Wake, Halo Reach, Crackdown 2, Fable 3 etc so it'll be great to get loads of media and hands-on impressions of them.

They're not going to blow their load today, they still have E3 to worry about!

Raide

I am hoping they have a solid Natal showing and not tech demos again. Now is the time to convince people its worth it. :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Really looking forward to this. For some reason the past few days I thought it would be held earlier in the UK here because the past years it's always been in Europe, I keep forgetting it's held in the US this year.

Feindflug

Caspel said:
From what I was told, expect X10 to show to be a showcase of spring titles through september. They'll be showing off a similar set of games at the mvp summit next week too. No press conference, lots of new media, supposedly three announcements, and tons of hands-on time.

Let's see:

Gears of War 3
Tokyo Vikings new project
new JRPG

Also Alan Wake, Crackdown 2 and FFXIII demos available at marketplace!

Now seriously I can't wait to see/read impressions from the new Alan Wake demo and Perfect Dark XBLA. :)

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Feindflug said:
Let's see:

Gears of War 3
Tokyo Vikings new project
new JRPG

Also Alan Wake, Crackdown 2 and FFXIII demos available at marketplace!

Now seriously I can't wait to see/read impressions from the new Alan Wake demo and Perfect Dark XBLA. :)

I only know of one announcement for sure. The other two supposed announcements are new to me as of yesterday but I was told to expect to hear about a few new games at X10 prior, so its no surprise.

I'm waiting on the plane right now to fly out to san fran for X10 and other business.

nofi

Our guy's there, rather excited too. Long flight for a four hour thing, but hey, let's hope there's some groovy stuff to see.

Alan Wake is embargoed though, isn't it?

Top Bottom