• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Many games up sleeves, Uncharted 2 closing on 3m, MAG over 500k

deepbrown

Tretton's out thanking PS3 gamers for a great 2009...quite a few numbers and teasing in there:

Games like UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves are surpassing our lofty expectations as it outsold the franchise’s first PS3 game and is now closing in on three million copies sold worldwide. Over half a million of you have already chosen your allegiance in MAG, and have played over 270,000 games in the Shadow War.

We’ve also successfully established that we’re not just a disc-based powerhouse, but we’re also a digital powerhouse. PlayStation Network experienced huge growth last year, marking its best revenue month in December – a 155% increase in sales from the previous year. More than 40 million of you all over the world are coming to PlayStation Network to access multimedia content and to enhance your social gaming experiences.

More through the link.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/thank-you-for-a-great-2009/

PSUni adds:

So what can we tell you about these 2010 games? All we can say is that there will be a sequel to a PlayStation franchise that you might not expect.

Via http://www.playstationuniversity.com/sony-we-have-many-other-games-up-our-sleeves-2465/

Hopefully they reveal more new games soon, after GOW3/HR/FFXIII there isn't much left for the second half of the year is there? TLG and GT5 don't have release dates still

Takao

Banned
On the issue of new games, anyone think SCEJ will get in on the "Play. Create. Share" brand? SCEE started it with LittleBigPlanet, and SCEA is continuing it with Modnation Racers. I'm unsure as to what SCEJ would do, lol.

The 10th best selling title in the NPD sold around 170K. For MAG to have sold 500K suggests that the game enjoyed more than 2/3rd of it's sales in Europe and/or Asia. MAG was released on the 29th in the EU. I just wish Sony would realise how important Europe is for them and treat them with as much, if not more, priority than they do in North America.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
AAK said:
40 million WTF???

Sony, you suck at BSing.
They never said they are active. I technically have two since I can't remember the log in info for the one I made 4 years ago but never used.

are they still doing that playstation day thing this year? that's where LBP was unveiled right? with the whole beach ball in the crowd "experiment" and what not? long ago...

V_Ben

Banned
Takao said:
On the issue of new games, anyone think SCEJ will get in on the "Play. Create. Share" brand? SCEE started it with LittleBigPlanet, and SCEA is continuing it with Modnation Racers. I'm unsure as to what SCEJ would do, lol.

an RPG maker made by Level 5? OH GOD YES.

Loudninja

Meus Renaissance said:
The 10th best selling title in the NPD sold around 170K. For MAG to have sold 500K suggests that the game enjoyed more than 2/3rd of it's sales in Europe and/or Asia. I just wish Sony would realise how important Europe is for them and treat them with as much, if not more, priority than they do in North America.

Or it selling better here this month :p

scotcheggz

Takao said:

They're saving it for Minna no Golf 6. Create your own courses, play dress up with your characters? I would literally cum in my pants.

FrankT

Thought it was just at 2.5. If it is closer to 3 then that means it must be closer to 2 million for Euroland/overseas.

Averon

UC2 almost at 3 million

Makes those "disappointment" posts in that other UC2 thread silly :lol
It'll break 4 million before all is said and done. :D

deepbrown

DidntKnowJack said:
That's true. Anyone expecting anything but PR spin out of Jack Tretton is gonna be waiting a long ass time.
Well none of this is spin...some of it is, but I've highlighted hard figures.

Elios83

It seems news about Killzone 3, Infamous 2 and Resistance 3 are just around the corner.
Then they have all their ARC lineup to announce and showcase (Clap Hanz could be making a Minna no title with the motion controller support, il could be a KA in Japan).
As far as I'm concerned I would like to hear news about The Last Guardian (is there any hope to see it released this year?), The Agent (if LA Noire comes out this year I think it will be a 2011 title but then when GTA5 is gonna be released?XD) and of course a GT5 release date would be nice at this point :lol :lol
I'd like to see more games announced in action/adventure genre, things like Uncharted/Heavy Rain.

kuYuri

BlazingDarkness said:
Hopefully they reveal more new games soon, after GOW3/HR/FFXIII there isn't much left for the second half of the year is there? TLG and GT5 don't have release dates still

As you said there's GT5, The Last Guardian, Resistance 3 (presumably), PS Arc, and more will be revealed soon, especially at E3.

Jb

Averon said:
UC2 almost at 3 million

Makes those "disappointment" posts in that other UC2 thread silly :lol
It'll break 4 million before all is said and done. :D

Wasn't UC1 kind of a long seller? Let's hope most people buying a ps3 this year will pick up the game.

This doesnt means MAG has sold half a million, multiple people in the household could have played the same copy on there own PSN account + People who tryied out all allegiances on differnet accounts

deepbrown

Elios83 said:
It seems news about Killzone 3, Infamous 2 and Resistance 3 are just around the corner.
Then they have all their ARC lineup to announce and showcase (Clap Hanz could be making a Minna no title with the motion controller support, il could be a KA in Japan).
As far as I'm concerned I would like to hear news about The Last Guardian (is there any hope to see it released this year?), The Agent (if LA Noire comes out this year I think it will be a 2011 title but then when GTA5 is gonna be released?XD) and of course a GT5 release date would be nice at this point :lol :lol
I'd like to see more games announced in action/adventure genre, things like Uncharted/Heavy Rain.
TLG in 2010? Unlikely.

Ri'Orius

Over half a million of you have already chosen your allegiance in MAG, and have played over 270,000 games in the Shadow War.

...so, about 230,000 people signed into MAG but haven't played a single game?

-viper- said:
Same. Made 6 accounts too. One EU, one JPN, one US, and another 2 which belong to my brothers and one extra one.

:lol Oh shit, me too. Here's 18 accounts right here Jack.

But seriously make with The Last Guardian, Sony.

KZObsessed

Elios83 said:

Heard anything about them?

oh and KZ3 <3 <3 <3

Yoboman

Elios83 said:
As far as I'm concerned I would like to hear news about The Last Guardian (is there any hope to see it released this year?).
Almost definitely. Why is there any doubt?

The MMO's need to come out. and I wish Sony would stop being a follower and trying to win other console owners here with games that may be interested to them and start becoming the leader and give us RPG dammit.

Top Bottom