• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 character trailer - Ayane

Mike Golf

I'm glad to hear they're targeting 30fps on the Vita seeing as honestly the trade off of getting 60fps just wouldn't be worth the graphical fidelity that would be sacrificed for DOAX3. Going 60fps was the right choice for DOA5+ as the game directly benefitted due to it being a fighting game but anything outside of the character models suffered thanks to it and even the models looked rough in some areas, albeit still impressive for the Vita. 30fps is the right choice so as much power as possible can be focused on the ladies themselves while making it look somewhat comparable to the PS4 version.

60fps video looks so wonky. I hope they have a thirty fps toggle in the options for the videos.
maxresdefault.jpg

Griss

She got bigger.

JkDf6bp.jpg

God damn it, right is already too big, left is just ridiculous. That's inflation fetish stuff right there. The idea that the only girl who caters for those who like something less than, well, this, is Marie '18 years old i fucking swear officer' Rose is ridiculous. Normal sized girls when?

Hyun Sai

God damn it, right is already too big, left is just ridiculous. That's inflation fetish stuff right there. The idea that the only girl who caters for those who like something less than, well, this, is Marie '18 years old i fucking swear officer' Rose is ridiculous. Normal sized girls when?

Yeah, that's a true disappointment that the only big difference between all those girls (sans Marie-Rose) is limited to the hair...

raven777

famitsu review - 8/8/8/8 (32/40)

playtime: around 10 hours to complete one character. To unlock everything like swimsuits and hidden stuff is around 400 hours

-PS4 version's skin/breast jiggle is amazing
-they wish there was more than 9 girls and more activities
-you get closer to the girls by doing missions
-the process of giving swimsuits you like to the girls is very satsifying
-PS4 versions' sunburn/swimsuit falling off is amazing
-the girls' body are amazing
-If your priority is visuals, go for PS4 version. Vita version is nice since you can play it anywhere
-girl mode/owner mode, managing items and money is complicated
-gravure photo mode had more contents than expected
-wish there was more communication with girls

Light_End

Banned
Seems right to me. No wrinkles, full grown body. Potential to grow larger breasts for another year or two.

Not the way she looks, the character herself. How can she possibly still be 18 years old?

Marie Rose is now significantly more disturbing than she was before, but I guess this is the wroooonnggg thread so im just gonna....

I'm glad to hear they're targeting 30fps on the Vita seeing as honestly the trade off of getting 60fps just wouldn't be worth the graphical fidelity that would be sacrificed for DOAX3. Going 60fps was the right choice for DOA5+ as the game directly benefitted due to it being a fighting game but anything outside of the character models suffered thanks to it and even the models looked rough in some areas, albeit still impressive for the Vita. 30fps is the right choice so as much power as possible can be focused on the ladies themselves while making it look somewhat comparable to the PS4 version.

How much power can rendering these women possibly take? We've had boob + ass physics since Dreamcast

this, so much this.

PillarEN

Not the way she looks, the character herself. How can she possibly still be 18 years old?

Marie Rose is now significantly more disturbing than she was before, but I guess this is the wroooonnggg thread so im just gonna....

How much power can rendering these women possibly take? We've had boob + ass physics since Dreamcast

Same reason Ash is 10 and Bart is still in 3rd grade or whatever.

SJRB

Gold Member

playtime: around 10 hours to complete one character. To unlock everything like swimsuits and hidden stuff is around 400 hours

-If your priority is visuals, go for PS4 version. Vita version is nice since you can play it anywhere

Sounds.. amazing.

Griss

The fuck?!? The pre-order I never actually made is definitely cancelled now.

The one thing I hate in gaming more than anything is grinding. Why on earth would I want to have to grind for 400 hours just to get to see the shit I want? Isn't that what I paid 60 dollars for? Isn't that what they'll have DLC for?

400 hours?!?

EDIT: Let's be real here (in terms of what people will care about), how long is it to unlock the venus/fortune for each girl, altogether. If that's the 400 hour number then that's a joke.

The one thing I hate in gaming more than anything is grinding. Why on earth would I want to have to grind for 400 hours just to get to see the shit I want? Isn't that what I paid 60 dollars for? Isn't that what they'll have DLC for?

400 hours?!?

EDIT: Let's be real here (in terms of what people will care about), how long is it to unlock the venus/fortune for each girl, altogether. If that's the 400 hour number then that's a joke.
You'll never satisfy Nyotengu with that attitude

Santiako

400 hours?!?

Previous games required 1000s of hours to get everything, so the reviewer is probably being conservative in those 400.

Demoskinos

400 hours?!?

All of the DOAX games have been like this. The entire hook is basically collecting/gifting swimsuits. Like literally if you don't like the grind this game isn't for you because that is the loop. You do volleyball and minigames and get money then try to woo another girl into liking you so you can give her swimsuits since each girl has their own "style" of swimsuits and the only way you can get all swimsuits for each girl is by gifting them every swimsuit from another character.

Its why hardly anyone has all the DOAX 2 trophies cause it takes for fucking ever. But also this isn't the kind of game you should marathon IMO this is the kind of game that is there for just chilling when you have 45 minutes to kill and don't want to invest to much time into anything else.

Griss

You'll never satisfy Nyotengu with that attitude

a) You're right
b) I'd never satisfy her insatiable desires no matter my attitude

Previous games required 1000s of hours to get everything, so the reviewer is probably being conservative in those 400.

Jesus, were they that bad? And I had just assumed that they'd change things up as the modern game would be less about keeping people playing through grinding and more about keeping people engaged with DLC. I thought it would be an entirely new business model, and therefore game design.

Fuck, that's disappointing.

Also, what this means is you're really gonna have to pick a girl to focus on, huh? Whereas with DoA5 I just used random filter to play with a roster of about 10 characters I liked.

This will really focus the mind... but for now I'd have to vote Kokoro.

All of the DOAX games have been like this. The entire hook is basically collecting/gifting swimsuits. Like literally if you don't like the grind this game isn't for you because that is the loop. You do volleyball and minigames and get money then try to woo another girl into liking you so you can give her swimsuits since each girl has their own "style" of swimsuits and the only way you can get all swimsuits for each girl is by gifting them every swimsuit from another character.

Its why hardly anyone has all the DOAX 2 trophies cause it takes for fucking ever. But also this isn't the kind of game you should marathon IMO this is the kind of game that is there for just chilling when you have 45 minutes to kill and don't want to invest to much time into anything else.

Sounds like it would drive me bananas. Glad I learned this. There's no reason they couldn't have those same gameplay loops with the game taking 40 hours to complete instead of 400.

Demoskinos

a) You're right
b) I'd never satisfy her insatiable desires no matter my attitude

Jesus, were they that bad? And I had just assumed that they'd change things up as the modern game would be less about keeping people playing through grinding and more about keeping people engaged with DLC. I thought it would be an entirely new business model, and therefore game design.

Fuck, that's disappointing.

Also, what this means is you're really gonna have to pick a girl to focus on, huh? Whereas with DoA5 I just used random filter to play with a roster of about 10 characters I liked.

This will really focus the mind... but for now I'd have to vote Kokoro.

Sounds like it would drive me bananas. Glad I learned this. There's no reason they couldn't have those same gameplay loops with the game taking 40 hours to complete instead of 400.

Well, there was a money glitch on 360 you could abuse the shit out of to get basically infinite money which pretty much destroyed any grind in the game. I would like if the grind was better adjusted. There was also the aspect that for many of the risque outfits you had to basically go through a VERY specific order of events in trying to gift it to the girl you wanted it on otherwise she would reject it and then there goes like 1000000 Zack dollars that you just spend 4 hours grinding for.

FHIZ

I see you 400 hours. Judging by the PSVita footage they showed off a while ago which had a trophy just unlock in the middle of a gravue, it doesn't seem as if the trophies will be just as punishing this time around which is partially what killed me in 2... such a simple list on paper, but oh my god the grind. Regardless, this may be a stupid decision, but I've already decided no matter what, this will be my endurance goal of the year, get a plat in this game. Now if only the trophy list popped up on Exophase so I can learn whether that goal is insane or not.

ShinAmano

This is and was always the worst part of these games. Would be much better to focus on the mini games and volleyball then whatever I unlock is available for whatever girl.

Vlaphor

DOAX2 had ways to spend money to speed up the process (that I will admit to buying, though not too much) and I wouldn't be surprised if DOAX3 had it as well...and I'll probably buy it here as well

Dreamer RD

Good review. Speaking of Ayane's boobs - they already got bigger in PS4 version of LR. When I switched from PS3 I was like WTF they doubled her breast size and other girls as well. Another difference is that PS4 Team Ninja logo (with thunderstorm) runs at 30fps while PS3 at 60fps lol

ciddative

Good review. Speaking of Ayane's boobs - they already got bigger in PS4 version of LR. When I switched from PS3 I was like WTF they doubled her breast size and other girls as well. Another difference is that PS4 Team Ninja logo (with thunderstorm) runs at 30fps while PS3 at 60fps lol

The scientist in me demands proof. The pervert in me agrees.

TeemingFlawlessAsiantrumpetfish.gif

9 days to go.

ViciousDS

Banned

How's the volleyball gameplay though

Demoskinos

My body is ready

mybodyisready_zpsn8xo9qlh.jpg

Man, if i had the money I would have gone with that.

On a side note does anyone have a link to that live stream they did awhile back where they were showing off some of the stuff from the CE like the mouse pads? I think it was a Nico Nico stream?

Damm, where is the pet option Nintendo!.

raven777

volleyball will probably play out exactly same as the last entry (doax2)... this game is full of reusing stuff from the old game. The fact that they never mentioned anything about changing the volleyball probably means they are bringing the exact same thing.

Top Bottom