• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling is being sued by Digital Homicide

Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-604-340.jpg

Jim has already said in an episode that according to his lawyer they have no case against him. While their fuck ups already destroyed their reputation this is going to dig them an even bigger hole than that.

They literally cannot get lower: they don't have a reputation t salvage anyway, which unfortunately means they can do crazy stuff like this carte blanche because it'll never make the situation any worse for them.

An absolute failure.

Yeah, wasn't this line from Jim the thing these idiots kept going on about? Jim was explaining that Digital Homicide was threatening him that it was liable to call it an 'absolute failure' when he did not play absolutely all the content in the game.

lol, content

My biggest concern is how President Trump's changes to libel laws will affect this case if they get passed before it's settled...

neshcom

Banned
Don't forget, this just assumes DH gets ANY money to pay their retainer. I give it less than a week before the call it off for lack of funds.

This must have come as a result of his latest Best of Steam Greenlight video calling out DH for putting up 18 games on Greenlight. They probably thought he was too much of a meanie poop head for suggesting that good games take time and effort. I know they threatened him before plenty of times, so I guess this was the final straw for them.

insert morganfreemandarkknight"goodluck".gif here.

Nah it was filed on the 4th, although the latest video today will likely add more fuel to the fire.

Intel_89

Isn't Jim one of those creators protected by Google for stuff like this? Digital Homicide really have no idea of what they're doing,

This is it, this is what this long feud has been heading towards.

IhaInF1.jpg

AND SO WE ENTER ENDGAME

Curse my lack of editing talent! We need a gif / webm of Skinner walking through the river with Jim's face photoshopped on while Bart is Digital Homicide's...I want to say "logo"?

"He's like some not-giving-up-Internet guy!"

I was imagining something would come from his latest video. Just thought they were going to take the video down.
Isn't Jim one of those creators protected by Google for stuff like this? Digital Homicide really have no idea of what they're doing,
He has one video protected by Youtube. That's it.

Arzehn

To be fair, Jim does seem to be unfairly targeting them. It's kind of like bullying at this point to garner a reaction from Digital Homocide.
DH is going about this wrong way though.

This went up today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoNDahSe5J4

There's thousands of crappy games on Steam, but he likes to focus on DH's for some reason. Again, probably because it invokes a reaction from them.

L Thammy

I haven't been following this, but isn't Jim Sterling's only crime that he showed off their terrible game?
Is this going to be like the college students in Borat who tried to sue for defamation?

Well, good luck Jim, we are behind you.

With the current state of attacks on game coverage content creators, this was going to happen eventually. There is going to be important precedent set by this if it goes forward, so let's just appreciate that your pain and suffering will help out other creators.

Never liked Jim (too egotistical for my liking) but this is stupid.

Dont they know he had the right to say whatever he wants about a game?

To be fair, Jim does seem to be unfairly targeting them. It's kind of like bullying at this point to garner a reaction from Digital Homocide.

This went up today:

There's thousands of crappy games on Steam, but he likes to focus on DH's for some reason. Again, probably because it invokes a reaction from them.

18 games, that's just incredible. Wowzers.

Xater

This went up today:

I'd be focussing on them as well if I had a YouTube channel on which I show of terrible games. Hell 18 fucking games at the same time. What the fuck? There is nothing unfair about this.

This went up today:

Digital Homicide is a noteworthy example because not only did they put themselves out in the open, they targeted Jim. Further, people likely give him information about Digital Homicide, on which he then reports. It's no different than reporting on Ubisoft or Konami (the latter definitely gets more than DH :v).

neshcom

Banned

This went up today:

This new one seems unprovoked, but it does lead to the series's larger point that Greenlight is flooded with junk games. DH removed a lot of their games from Greenlight and put them back up with no quality improvements at all.

Lots of the other DH videos were solicited by DH either sending or asking Jim to look at the games.

Beth Cyra

Yup. Instead of trying to get better, they're going to accept their fate as a hated company and are only going to get all kinds of hate. Not that it should happen (and if it does happen fuck the people who do it), but DH is going to get death threats, no doubt.
I hope not.

They areally amazing at causing themselves to look dumb, don't take that shine away people.

Top Bottom