• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

That album's kinda old by now, so I'm afraid auction sites and resellers are your best bet. They can be tricky to use and you'll need a proxy/forwarding address. Or you could just keep watching Mandarake and pray.

Saoshyant

A friendly Gaffer PMed me that it's available second hand on Rakuten... for nearly 10K JPY. That's gonna be tough to swallow and it doesn't even get any money on the hands of the producers, but if it's the only way...

Descriptions are unhelpful as ever, but let's see...

クリアおめでとう! (Congrats on clearing)
Finish Live Quest maybe?

クリスタルのかがやき (Shining crystal)
Fill up all the crystals in Live Quest, I'm guessing.

1000万ボルテージ (10 million voltage)
This is self explanatory

イベントマスター (Event master)
Clear Event Quest, probably.
Edit: Or get all room events.

上級プレイヤー (Senior player)
Clear all songs on Hard, I'm guessing.

ステージマスター (Stage master)
ルームマスター (Room master)
プレゼントマスター (Present master)
イラストマスター (Illustration master)
Unlock all the things.

ミククラスタ (Miku cluster)
リンクラスタ (Rin cluster)
レンクラスタ (Len cluster)
ルカクラスタ (Luka cluster)
KAITOクラスタ (Kaito cluster)
MEIKOクラスタ (Meiko cluster)
Become pals with insert name here.

クリスタルのささやき (Whispering crystal)
Probably connected to Shining crystal progress.

クリスタルのまたたき (Blinking crystal)
Same as above.

100万ボルテージ (1 million voltage)
Obvious.

中級プレイヤー (Intermediate player)
Clear all songs on Normal?

映像監督 (Video director)
Watch all PVs.

ようこそ、DIVAへ! (Welcome to DIVA!)
Start the game.

はじめてのスペシャルライブ (First Special Live)
Do one Special Live.

クリスタルのひらめき (Inspiring crystal)
クリスタルのきらめき (Sparkling crystal)
クリスタルのゆらめき (Flickering crystal)
クリスタルのときめき (Heartpounding crystal)
Honestly I have no idea.

ミッション好き (I like missions)
Do a mission, probably??

チャレンジャー (Challenger)
Use a challenge item, I'm guessing.

パートナーはキミ (You're my partner)
I dunno.

フォトグラファー (Photographer)
Take a grainy snap with the Vita's sorry excuse for a camera.

Banned
No tutorial trophy, for once.

I just noticed that skins don't seem to be returning, that sucks since I really liked some of the illustrations on them.

So I'm in very preliminary discussions and don't know if anything will come of it, but how many of you have the Hori mini-controller and own a PS/Vita TV or PS4?

kagamin

I second this. Made my order just a bit ago. Just remember you need to create your own Amazon jp account. The shipping is soooooooooo nice.

Yeppers:
X8qZlo2.png

Refna

So diva x is out in my country (yea, it shouldn't be, but the retailers put it out early). Having a blast and played for a few hours. Putting some comments below

You unlock modules and accessories in story mode (i guess its what its called)
There are regular modules and rare modules and I suspect the rare modules are song specific. It's possible to unlock modules you already obtained.
Once you played a song once in story mode you can play it on any difficulties in free play mode
There is no 10 star song!! Highest is 9.5

So diva x is out in my country (yea, it shouldn't be, but the retailers put it out early). Having a blast and played for a few hours. Putting some comments below

You unlock modules and accessories in story mode (i guess its what its called)
There are regular modules and rare modules and I suspect the rare modules are song specific. It's possible to unlock modules you already obtained.
Once you played a song once in story mode you can play it on any difficulties in free play mode
There is no 10 star song!! Highest is 9.5

Is the Quest Mode something that warrants replaying on various difficulties? How long or how much content does that mode have? Trying to work out whether to go the usual import route with Miku games, or hold off for a localisation announcement.

Refna

Is the Quest Mode something that warrants replaying on various difficulties? How long or how much content does that mode have? Trying to work out whether to go the usual import route with Miku games, or hold off for a localisation announcement.

The quest mode is the only place to unlock modules and accessories and they are random.
Only played easy and normal jn quest mode. While both difficulties give you 1 module, easy give you 2 accessories max , and normal give 3. The amount of accessories depends on how well you did on that song. Getting a great rating (i think coz the bar is max before I finish a sobg) will give u max amount of accessories.
Yea so u will be playing in quest mode a lot

ChrisD

No 10 is disappointing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't buying X for the tracklist. I'll let that fact get me down when the PS4 version releases (hopefully worldwide!).

My Vita's buttons are squeaky and worn out from f and F2nd, so I quit playing harder songs on it. That's reserved for console these days.

Refna

No 10 is disappointing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't buying X for the tracklist. I'll let that fact get me down when the PS4 version releases (hopefully worldwide!).

My Vita's buttons are squeaky and worn out from f and F2nd, so I quit playing harder songs on it. That's reserved for console these days.

But one of the 9.5 (not a medley) is quite hard, I would put it 10 and it seems I havent unlock the last medley, if there are 6 medleys total

There's really no way the cosMo medley isn't 10 stars, considering alone the fact that it's the first thing in the non-Arcade games to exceed 1000 notes.

Are you sure you have 30 songs unlocked and not 29? I mean, unless there's a secret 31st song we didn't know about.

Refna

There's really no way the cosMo medley isn't 10 stars, considering alone the fact that it's the first thing in the non-Arcade games to exceed 1000 notes.

Are you sure you have 30 songs unlocked and not 29? I mean, unless there's a secret 31st song we didn't know about.

6 songs from each theme (neutral, cute , cool , beauty , chaos) total 30 songs

http://imgur.com/NF7X9yq
Songs sorted by no of stars.

So unless there are more than 30 songs, no 10 stars

Safros

I'm certain this won't be 60 FPS, but is it at least native resolution now?
I assume that with the simplified PVs they'd be able to do more, but maybe not.

I also dislike the little scene that appears when you unlock a module, does this only appear during quest mode or is it also present in free play?

Refna

I'm certain this won't be 60 FPS, but is it at least native resolution now?
I assume that with the simplified PVs they'd be able to do more, but maybe not.

I also dislike the little scene that appears when you unlock a module, does this only appear during quest mode or is it also present in free play?

No.
The module unlock scene only happen during quest mode, and i admit it is quite distracting when i was playing.
The free play mode is like the old days, nth changed there.

Another thing i don't like is the rush mode can happen on a star note =(

Safros

No.
The module unlock scene only happen during quest mode, and i admit it is quite distracting when i was playing.
The free play mode is like the old days, nth changed there.

Another thing i don't like is the rush mode can happen on a star note =(

Ah, I'm happy to hear that. You had me worried for a bit.

Yes, I heard about the rush mode thing.

Thank you for answering.

Redhood

Is the old edit mode available? Does live edit mode allow external tracks or are we stuck with available 31 songs only this time?

Refna

They put challenge items in quest mode :,( up to 3 items per song on extreme.

imagine doing a 10 star song with disappearing notes, super speed plus flying wiggling notes LOL

muteki

I need to wait and see on this random drop thing. On one hand, I'm not one to come up with crazy combinations of module and accessories, mostly just pick the module that fits and leave it at that.

On the other, getting all the modules on past games is mostly going through the motions, after a few hours you have everything anyway.

Guess I'll see how good my luck is. Otherwise it is CA Style for everything.

Refna

I need to wait and see on this random drop thing. On one hand, I'm not one to come up with crazy combinations of module and accessories, mostly just pick the module that fits and leave it at that.

On the other, getting all the modules on past games is mostly going through the motions, after a few hours you have everything anyway.

Guess I'll see how good my luck is. Otherwise it is CA Style for everything.

You will spend tons of time in quest mode, they give you reason to keep playing songs in it by requiring you to level up each theme. And who knows what's after when u finish level up all themes. Songs in quest mode also give you gifts for miku and co to raise affinity. So I will not be worried about randomness.

Tenshi

Neo Member
There's also Module and Accessory unlock DLC if you don't want to rely on drops and randomness.

From Google Translate

http://info.miku.sega.jp/8776

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-ps-vita-demo-launches-march-24-japan

So Sega is charging 2500 yen total to allow all modules and accessories to be unlocked right off the bat. Interesting. I'm guessing Sega felt that there would be some players who are only interested in the traditional Diva rhythm game side and not the new (and experimental?) Quest mode.

Redhood

I wonder how they will be handling DLC for this game? Will they start right of the bar or wait for PS4 version. I hope we get atleast 10 new songs or something as 30 is too little. I wouldn't even mind all the new medley tracks as standalone.

Luigi87

Welp paid AmiAmi for my order.
Really wish I could have gone Amazon, but alas the inability to cancel... Paid cheapest shipping, so I'll be waiting a month or so.

muteki

Welp paid AmiAmi for my order.
Really wish I could have gone Amazon, but alas the inability to cancel... Paid cheapest shipping, so I'll be waiting a month or so.

Yeah, I could see this being my last game order from AmiAmi. I know Amazon's shipping speed from buying books there, and no way they can compete. I'll probably have in hand early next week, but will at least have the demo to tide me over until then.

AmiAmi is personally more convenient for me because I can have packages directed to my PO box. This is a must for me, since I work all day and thus can't have packages delivered to my home in my absence. Amazon uses DHL so PO boxes aren't an option with them, and the DHL courier over here is hilariously inept; it took them four tries to deliver my last package to the office because they kept showing up at 8pm, well after business hours. I'm at work all day and can't be home to receive a package, so Amazon is a total non-starter for me at the moment.

Top Bottom