• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Monkey Island 2: Special Edition" confirmed!

McBacon said:
Do you remember when you go on the Wharf in MI2, for like one random screen, and Guybrush is suddenly ugly? Don't Use that as a base.

fixed (for me, of course).
I've always considered that location to be the ugliest one in MI2.

bridegur

Aegus said:
This is not Day of the Tentacle news.

:(

I'm surprised there hasn't been an HD DOTT remake, actually. The voices are already there and perfect, and the art would really just need an upgrade rather than a complete style overhaul.

Mama Robotnik said:
zn5wn4.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
MI2 is one my favorite games of all time!! It will be interesting to see with new soundtrack and voicework! Hope they don't fuck it up.

OP Updated with more info from the twitter feed:

Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition is now confimed by Lucasarts! PC, Iphone, XBLA, PSN, Mac

73623773.jpg

From Lucasarts twitter feed:

Oh yeah, another thing: LeChucks Revenge: Special Edition is official! New puzzles, new enemies, new hair!

incredibly faithful once again. And you get voice in both new and classic. We do listen, after all.

Which platforms is Lechuck's Revenge being released on? PSN, XBLA, Mac, iPhone, PC.

Could a moderator please change the thread title to reflect this announcement? Thanks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert, and Craig Derrick are at GDC taking pics with fans it seems going by the Twitter pics.

Sqorgar

Banned
Wow, looks halfway decent this time. And a commentary track? Sweet. But like Telltale, old stuff is great, but new stuff is greater.

The animation on the website looks pretty smooth. I know it's just flash, but I wonder if that means it's not synced up 100% to the original (which I think would be a good thing).

feel

Holy shit!! YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

The first on xbla was my first monkey island experience, loved it so much, was waiting for them to remake the second one in the same style for continuity's sake. New hair too!

XiaNaphryz

Buttonbasher said:
The animation on the website looks pretty smooth. I know it's just flash, but I wonder if that means it's not synced up 100% to the original (which I think would be a good thing).
Animation concerns from the first should be addressed in this one.

Ceebs

Everything looks ace to me. Day 1 purchase (not like I wasn't going to buy it even if it looked like total ass)

PS. Leave MI3 alone and skip straight to 4 to redo it in this style.

CamHostage

Looks good, although I would like to get a closer look at what Threepwood's head looks like, just in case.

(I'm kidding, by the way)

DMczaf

I own 3 versions of Monkey Island 1: SE (iPod Touch, Steam, 360) and haven't played any of them :lol

Damn you LucasArts!

bon

I'm glad the art style is a little closer to the original game this time.
Also very interested in the commentary track! Are they getting Ron Gilbert for that?

Rctdaemon

Do like and want very much. The remastered character designs look much better than in SoMI. Sign me up for at least one copy of it!

Fake edit: Commentary!

Zodzilla

YESSSSS YESSSSYESYSESYYESYEYSEYEYEYYESYEYSYESYES YEEEEEESSSS!

This looks and sounds just like I had wanted from the first special edition. I love how they listened to all the fans issues and addressed them accordingly. I love how much respect they're paying to this franchise by actually giving fans what they want while also creating a damn good looking product for newbies too.

Now, after this, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a Grim Fandango remake/upres.

bridegur

Everything about the style looks so much better than the remake of the first game. I'll take a DOTT remake now, please.

XiaNaphryz

bon said:
I'm glad the art style is a little closer to the original game this time.
Also very interested in the commentary track! Are they getting Ron Gilbert for that?
From GDC earlier tonight:

500x_custom_1268275286045_73619250-d9ec815a59f351873dceb423ca9536fe.4b985813-scaled.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
Never played the original, day fucking one for this right here. Please sell well, and please put MI3HD on XBLA :D

Top Bottom