• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 NASCAR Expansion - Available now (Trailer)

ekim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saite7sy_dg

America's favorite motorsport arrives to Forza Motorsport 6. The NASCAR Expansion brings the thrills of stock car racing to the world stage. Featuring 24 new cars from the 2016 season, an all-new career mode, updated gameplay mechanics, and a new destination, the NASCAR Expansion lets you experience the power of NASCAR as only Forza Motorsport 6 can deliver.

zorbsie

If this has anything close to the career in the Porsche pack I'll be really happy. That expansion was totally worth the money. I admit I would have liked to see older generation cars. Pick one from the 90s, 80s etc. Still super pumped to get this when it hits the marketplace later today.

GHG

Details of our latest content update (also out today here) as well:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_may_cu

Some great stuff in here:

This update to Forza Motorsport 6 is our largest and most significant content update to date. Here’s a closer look at the new features and how they will make the racing experience better for all Forza 6 players:

HUD Proximity Arrows – New on-screen HUD arrows will provide players with information on cars in close proximity. Especially useful for players who prefer to use cockpit or hood perspective when driving, these optional HUD proximity arrows indicate surrounding traffic and will give players that extra chance of avoiding costly wrecks.

Drafting and Drivatars – Making the most of the draft is more important than ever in Forza Motorsport 6. Now, players will be able to feel the intense effects of the draft on their cars’ performance as they fight for every inch at close quarters. In addition, Forza Motorsport 6’s Drivatar opponents have been refined to manage the intricacies of tight pack racing at high speeds, where every inch counts.

Quick Stop – In racing, victory has always required quick reflexes. Forza 6’s new Quick Stop feature means that strategy will play a bigger role than ever. In Quick Stop race mode, all cars are required to take at least one mandatory pit stop before the end of a race. As the race unfolds, choosing an early or late lap for your Quick Stop can be the difference between winning and losing.

Rolling Starts – Now players will have the option to select a rolling starts option for races. Rolling starts offer an exciting alternative to traditional standing starts, giving the players the chance to experience the thrill of green flag starts at speed. Rolling starts also allow the grid to spread out, in turn reducing the number of first-corner accidents.

New Damage Option – For Forza players that love endurance racing, we’ve added a brand new damage option – cosmetic damage with fuel and tire wear. This option is ideal for players who want to experience the challenge of racing long distances while their fuel burns down and tires gradually lose grip, without having to worry about a single crash disabling their car and ruining their race results.

Multiplayer Le Mans – Le Mans has returned to online multiplayer! For the first time in Forza Motorsport 6 players will be able to race on Le Mans’ Old Mulsanne and Full Circuit ribbons in multiplayer hoppers and Leagues.

Are these features/options be added to the existing career mode as well?

Halabane

For those who like it great. Nascar and taking left turns only around a circle is not much fun to watch or play for *me*. Now if they want to enhance the F1 part of series...I would be in for that.

rules for at least one pitstop before the race finish is something I have wanted for a long long time.

better drafting is great too.

LoveCake

Cool, nice to have a new track, but I feel there should be more of the ovals for this NASCAR some, well at least one of those tiny high banked tracks.

gwiz210

Looks tight. I don't have Forza/an Xbone unfortunately. This gets me so hype for the inevitable NASCAR 16 or whatever dedicated sim game eventually comes out.

zorbsie

There is a new affinity to level up just for nascar. Doesn't seem to be associated with a manufacture.

Here are some pics I took. For some odd reason the screen captures aren't sharing so these are jpgs from Forzamotorsport.com
getphotopfu1l.jpg

getphototuuw0.jpg

getphoto86uku.jpg

Noobcraft

I don't have the NASCAR pack (yet?) but the updates that came with it are fantastic. Rolling starts are awesome, the feedback from the updated drafting is excellent, and tire wear/fuel consumption without simulation damage is great.

LostDonkey

Porsche expansion was an amazing piece of DLC. Not sure why that pushed you away from the game.

Because I already own the game, the Car "pass" and the VIP membership. And they then wanted £15 for the Porsche cars. I mean, I should have learnt with FH2, they did the same thing and even locked some of the bucket list achievements behind the extra paid content.

Luckydog

Because I already own the game, the Car "pass" and the VIP membership. And they then wanted £15 for the Porsche cars. I mean, I should have learnt with FH2, they did the same thing and even locked some of the bucket list achievements behind the extra paid content.

I can understand items that are locked on the disk and already made, but they had to pay for the licenses for these cars...and the car pass clearly laid out the 6 monthly DLC items you would get. Anything outside of that including Porsche and NASCAR are additional work and cost money.

Caayn

Looks great but needing to fork over another €20,- will cause me to pass on this DLC (just like I did with the Porsche pack).

Next Forza I buy will be solely the base game, €60 nothing more. I refuse to spend over €100 (base game plus the season pass and membership shit) and not even get everything. Forza might as well go F2P all the way if they keep adding more and more stuff outside of the season pass with each new entry in the series.

Hawk269

Details of our latest content update (also out today here) as well:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_may_cu

Love the quick stop option.

Helios - please tell the powers that be that Forza 7 needs to incorporate proper pit stops where you as the user can decide on the amount of fuel, 2 or 4 tires etc. Pit Stops are so generic in Forza and making pit stops which is a major part of racing something viable is surely missing in the games. The new quick stop is one step towards this and I hope the team at T10 flesh it out with proper pit stops.

Over 20 new cars... Actually just 3, in different colours.

The only thing that interest me is the new location which sounds to have both an oval and a road course. But for 20 USD? That's a tough sell.

If only they'd added old Nascars, from the birth of the sport. Meaning, fast old-timey cars bootlegging moonshine.

GHG

Normally I'm very much anti-DLC, especially when it ends up being in addition to a season pass rather than being included in it but the Porshe pack is damn good. There is a whole new career mode that goes with it as well. To be honest, it could sell as a standalone game for the price and people would say it's good value.

danowat

Banned
I'm tempted, but by 'eck if being a Forza gamer isn't becoming expensive if you want all the content.

Forza 6 Ultimate (VIP & Carpass) £81.99
Nascar Expansion £15.99
Porchse Expansion £15.99
Hot Wheels Car Pack £5.59
Top Gear Car Pack £5.59

£125?!

And that's only "so far"

Call me cheap, call me whatever, but that's too rich even for me, think I'll wait for a discount on the post-carpass content.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I'm tempted, but by 'eck if being a Forza gamer isn't becoming expensive if you want all the content.

Nascar Expansion £15.99
Porchse Expansion £15.99
Top Gear Car Pack £5.59

£125?!

And that's only "so far"

Call me cheap, call me whatever, but that's too rich even for me, think I'll wait for a discount on the post-carpass content.

And now you see why Turn 10 still lives. They fully embraced Microsoft's games as a service mantra. Even when they had to backtrack on microtransactions in Forza 5 they managed to keep the money rolling in.

watdaeff4

Normally I'm very much anti-DLC, especially when it ends up being in addition to a season pass rather than being included in it but the Porshe pack is damn good. There is a whole new career mode that goes with it as well. To be honest, it could sell as a standalone game for the price and people would say it's good value.

Is the career mode for the Porsche pack (or Nascar back for that matter) any different than the main game's (finish in top 3 to advance to next race) career mode?

Thinking about buying one, but want a little more than the career that the main game offered.

GHG

Is the career mode for the Porsche pack (or Nascar back for that matter) any different than the main game's (finish in top 3 to advance to next race) career mode?

Thinking about buying one, but want a little more than the career that the main game offered.

You get some of those races but the scenarios are far better thought out than in the standard career mode and there is also a bunch of new showcase races including a new endurance race.

Nascar Expansion £15.99
Porchse Expansion £15.99
Top Gear Car Pack £5.59

£125?!

And that's only "so far"

I feel the same but when we get a solid content update too I'm left feeling I want to support the game :/

Top Bottom