• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WarioWare D.I.Y. thread of "Do you like to... 'Do-it-yourself?'"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gomu Gomu said:
Thread needs more youtube videos.

I'll be uploading some when I have the chance. Could be tomorrow. I would like a video archive of my games since I have to swap them out of my warehouse so quickly. :D

celebi23 said:
I didn't even see your advice before :lol Thanks though :D If you could give a small hint for #24, that'd be awesome :D
Sure, it's important to focus on what exactly should happen when you tap the light switch the second time during the microgame.

Second hint:
The switch guide button (to the right of the play button) really helps with this challenge.

Also, are you aware of the in-game hint system? (ie. The light bulb buttons?)

My copy of DIY DS hasn't arrived yet (damn international shipping!) but I do have Showcase!

My Wii FC is as follows: 8305 6414 9274 6128

I've added the Wii FCs posted so far. This thread will be a great depository for FCs and games :D

celebi23

Gunloc said:
Sure, it's important to focus on what exactly should happen when you tap the light switch the second time.

Second hint:
The switch guide icon (to the right of the play button) really helps with this challenge.

Also, are you aware of the in-game hint system? (ie. The light bulb icons?)

Ah, thank you!
I didn't realize that the LIGHT switch didn't turn off after turning the SWITCH on :lol

edit: I just have 27 & 29 to work on :lol The whole Assembly Dojo is quite useful resource :D

edit 2: Just finished the last 2 :D :D :D :D

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
The_Technomancer said:
Maybe pick up the WiiWare version and just play everyone else's stuff then.

does the ds version include the option to download stuff? WW just works better as a portable title for me.

zigg

beelzebozo said:
does the ds version include the option to download stuff? WW just works better as a portable title for me.

Both the DS and WiiWare games can download the weekly Nintendo games, the "big name" Nintendo games, and the contest winners.

Both allow you to exchange online with other users of the respective platform but to go DS→Wii or Wii→DS you seem to need to be local. So if you wanted to get someone's DS game on Wii someone with access to both versions would have to download it via the DS then forward it via the WiiWare Showcase to your Wii.

It's all a bit convoluted, actually...

Lijik

beelzebozo said:

It does.

Theres also a set of about 16 premade microgames that all you have to do is create one or two drawings for if you want to make something without getting super creative.

BooJoh

beelzebozo said:
huge WARIO WARE fan, not that creative.

still a good buy?
90 games built in, 90 user games. That means once you FILL your user game shelves, it's got about as many games as Touched.

My user games shelf currently has 57/90 slots used. 35 are from gaffers, 5 are tutorials/art jobs I did, 4 are free DLC, and the last 9 I imported from 18-Volt's games on WiiWare.

Gomu Gomu said:
Thread needs more youtube videos.
I already linked two of mine, here's my other ones so far:
Castlevania song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5Md0KhHnI
Castlevania - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOWy_IPOP-8
My first game, Hunter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5JuJZg1_w

And some from others:

Teleroboxer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYNbNjpFoc
Konami Code - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83epe_XmYes
Mother 3 battle music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=348CFKIvvBA
NSMBW Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv7wjbT6hUY

celebi23

celebi23 said:
Amazing games everyone! Oh, I've added everyone so far :D Some people need to update their friend's list though...

669g04.png

:lol

Come on guys, it's really not that difficult. :lol Just add everyone from the OP & then log onto Nintendo WFC :lol I really would love to see what everyone else is working on. But, half the people from my friend's list (only added people from this topic) have red question marks next to their names & I can't access their Warehouses. The other half have green circles next to their names & I can access their Warehouses just fine :D

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
BooJoh said:
90 games built in, 90 user games. That means once you FILL your user game shelves, it's got about as many games as Touched.

My user games shelf currently has 57/90 slots used. 35 are from gaffers, 5 are tutorials/art jobs I did, 4 are free DLC, and the last 9 I imported from 18-Volt's games on WiiWare.

I already linked two of mine, here's my other ones so far:
Castlevania song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5Md0KhHnI
Castlevania - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOWy_IPOP-8
My first game, Hunter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5JuJZg1_w

And some from others:

Teleroboxer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYNbNjpFoc
Konami Code - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83epe_XmYes
Mother 3 battle music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=348CFKIvvBA
NSMBW Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv7wjbT6hUY

incredible work!

Chairhome

I meant to ask, are you guys composing the video game tracks from the top of your head, or are you using old Mario Paint tracks and transposing them?

BooJoh

Chairhome said:
I meant to ask, are you guys composing the video game tracks from the top of your head, or are you using old Mario Paint tracks and transposing them?
Mine was copied over from Band Bros, which was in turn copied over from a MIDI file.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chairhome said:

I never played Mario Paint but for some of the non-original games (Death Note, Bad Romance) I'm going on YouTube, looking for piano tutorials for them, and entering those into the game.

For the Cookie Monster and Burgicide games I did, I composed the tracks on my own, and I was quite happy with how they turned out. Shame the game doesn't really let you listen to the music of each game, but that's part of the whole thing I suppose. :lol

This game(?) has been awesome so far. At first the options seem limiting but really there is a ton that can be done. Love it.

Friend Code: 0217 3210 4253

I'll be making sure to add everyone from the first post to see all the awesome creations!

Played just the first boss and that's it. Sat through the fucking long ass tutorial for making games, so I'll probably try that later tonight.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cookie Monster is offline. I'll post a video shortly, request if you want it back. :3

Dance, GaGa is online! :D

celebi23

Quick question (seen conflicting answers online): Do 2 people have to be online at the same time in order for the red question marks, next to their names in the Warehouse section, to change to the green circles?

Dragmire

Okay, I've added everyone, posted a new game and a new comic, and an updated version of my first game. :)

Cameo's "Don't anger the Mods" and BooJoh's Castlevania game are excellent! Caf Caper looks awesome, too.

11h86d4.jpg

Hi! I don't have time to add a million peoples' friend codes but I did make this video of my new games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtDo2GKjcbw

INCLUDES:

"Do You Know?" Finally answering the eternal question, do you know your ass from a hole in the ground? Try it on your favorite videogame industry executive!

"Otis, M.D." Lobotomize your friend!

"Localize This" The Nintendo of America localization game! Cancel all of the good games, then ship the mediocre ones! It's the only true way to success.

"Yo Dawg..." Put a car in your car, so you can drive while you drive!

Gomu Gomu

^ Localize This and Yo Dawg are great :lol

Also, thanks guys for the videos. Had a good time watching them. I wish I had half of the creative minds some of you have :(.

TunaLover

I have the Wii version
My Wii FC: 8859-5985-5642-2131

I´ve added:
Luigison
WiiRevolution1
Nuclear Muffin
Celebi23

Share your creations! n_n

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Great collection Kobun. Hilarious.

Got everyone added up to this post, planning on releasing a second game by today.

:lol
Great stuff Kobun. Can't wait for the inevitable Rickroll, Wolverine, Pedobear, Tubgirl, etc, mini games that come out of this.

I uploaded a new game. It was the really ambitious one I mentioned in one of my last posts.

It isn't finished, and I don't know if I will finish it. It was an idea I had, and I wondered if I could get it to work, and sure enough, I did, somehow... but it was a major headache and headscratcher to get it to where it is now.

Feel free to mess with it. You can change the Map by using the Draw tool while holding the L or R button. Make the map more complex or simple.

It's called "ZeldaAwesome" because I was planning on making a game based on The Legend of Zelda and I'd rename it, but I forgot to.

Edit: I might make a video of my games later. Anyone else want me to throw their games in, if I do?

NeonZ

Question. The only way to receive mini-games in the Wii "showcase" version is through a local DS or Nintendo's weekly service. There's no way to get mini-games directly from a non local DS, right?

zigg

NeonZ said:
Question. The only way to receive mini-games in the Wii "showcase" version is through a local DS or Nintendo's weekly service. There's no way to get mini-games directly from a non local DS, right?

You can also get them sent to you by someone else who has Showcase who is also your Wii Friend. But yeah, otherwise, you're right.

NeonZ said:

You can receive microgames from Wii friends as well, but not from DS's via WiFi.

Luigison

I made a major update to my SMB game and put it in my crate. Now you have to power-up Mario without getting hit by a Goomba.

There's a few things I want to add, but I've reached the max number of objects and several objects have maxed out actions. If I can figure out a way to make the mushroom's movement more efficient I might be able to add my other ideas. Any suggestions?

There are also a couple of things I need to fix. Mainly, I need to make everything lineup like in SMB 1-1. What I've done so far was from memory and feel, but upon adding Mario and making the mushroom move I noticed several mistakes. I need to write the SMB music too, but I hate writing music. I couldn't find a perfect sound for a couple of actions. Is there a way to make my own sounds or can I import new ones later?

Any comments or criticisms are welcome.

Edit: What's the width and height of a micro game screen?

BooJoh

Why would you do that? said:
I uploaded a new game. It was the really ambitious one I mentioned in one of my last posts.

It isn't finished, and I don't know if I will finish it. It was an idea I had, and I wondered if I could get it to work, and sure enough, I did, somehow... but it was a major headache and headscratcher to get it to where it is now.

Feel free to mess with it. You can change the Map by using the Draw tool while holding the L or R button. Make the map more complex or simple.

It's called "ZeldaAwesome" because I was planning on making a game based on The Legend of Zelda and I'd rename it, but I forgot to.

Edit: I might make a video of my games later. Anyone else want me to throw their games in, if I do?
Wow, that's really impressive.

Luigison

Why would you do that?, you have some very good games. Did you enter the robot contest? I have some ideas, but don't think I'll have time to do them.

I'd like to have my SMB in a video when I fix it. I used to film my DS screen for stuff for TMK, but that's not the best looking in the world. Is there a way to record DS screens directly? NVD, I just remembered I can move games to the Wii and record off the component video out cables with my camcorder.

Edit: I fixed almost everything with SMB, but introduced one new error that I know how to fix and figured out another way to optimize that I haven't implemented, but will allow one more object when I do. I put the update in my crate.

guerragames

Neo Member
Here's my Wii FC (for the Showcase):
7496 3971 7660 4320

I posted a Mario themed one and a Ghosts and Goblins one. Check them out. :D

Castlevania by BooJoh is pretty nicely done.
ZeldAwesome by Cameo is impressive (a real programmer I guess?).

Lijik

This game is amazing

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, I just downloaded it yours Cameo. Didn't finish it in time but...amazing.

Well, Tin Can Software (myself) just released their latest game; a more complete one this time.

BooJoh

I just finished up 9-Volt's stages, and unlocked the last few modes in the game blender.
Mirror mode is crazy, I didn't expect even the hints to be backward :lol

Thanks for the kind words about ZeldAwesome.

I'm convinced that the people who wrote this game visit NeoGAF. Spoiling for those who want to see for themselves, but
"Official Diamond Software Thread"? The thing with the hype train?
Made me :lol

I also finished unlocking the same stuff BooJah did. 9-Volt's games unfortunately didn't impress me like Orbulon's, but oh well. I love
mirror mode
, though.

Looking at some of the last achiev-*cough*medals, I am wondering if this game has
a new Pyoro
in it. Can't wait to unlock more stuff as the time passes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm convinced that the people who wrote this game visit NeoGAF. Spoiling for those who want to see for themselves, but
"Official Diamond Software Thread"? The thing with the hype train?
Made me :lol

The forum in general was kinda bewildering, to be honest. :lol So many tropes, if there were more than three posts per thread you could think it was real. :lol

The translators (Treehouse?) definitely did a good job of translating the feel of a messageboard to DIY. :D

Question- in DIY games played on Showcase, is there stuff put on the sides like Wario Land Shake in widescreen? Or are the games stretched?

Top Bottom