• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole E3 Trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, December 2016)

netguy503

What's in the season pass? it's the only thing stopping me from pre-ordering it now to play Stick of Truth.

Want to know if it's any good content, and usually gold editions come with a little something extra.

So if people like me are hesitant to pull the trigger on the $90 Gold edition in a week Best Buy is doing a sale where if you buy a digital store card you get another 20% off.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/356782-best-buy-ad-619-625/

That puts it at GCU price but you only have to wait a week instead of waiting until December for Stick of Truth. I waited this long, I think I'm waiting for this personally. The only thing I'll miss out on is the $10 back that maybe coming with this game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Damn this is the first game I've seen I'm really excited about.

How do you get the ps4 version of Stick of Truth?

PSqueak

Banned
Fuck, Matt, Trey! Get your shit together! The first successful marvel movie was Blade! they did start with a black superhero! Sure it wasn't a cinematic universe, but come on! Why does everyone always forget that the current Super hero movie craze was started by Blade?

Love the set up tho.

iBlue

So if you preorder you get a Digital copy of stick of truth? i rather have a code tbh i already have this digital for the ps3

What's wrong with you?

There are like over 25 games right now that I find interesting and that I can't wait to play.
A lot of other stuff is either stuff I feel like we already knew a ton about or is just out of my usual realm of interest. By comparison I was on a huge high last year after most conferences.

bitbydeath

Fuck, Matt, Trey! Get your shit together! The first successful marvel movie was Blade! they did start with a black superhero! Sure it wasn't a cinematic universe, but come on! Why does everyone always forget that the current Super hero movie craze was started by Blade?

Love the set up tho.

Blade isn't part of the Disney/Marvel phases.

Marvel_blog_image_5.jpg

There were other Marvel movies before Blade as well.

PSqueak

Banned
Blade isn't part of the Disney/Marvel phases.

[Phases]

There were other Marvel movies before Blade as well.

I know any movie before Iron Man aren't part of the phases or the MCU, but im saying, it's really weird people at large keep ignoring the significance of Blade as an incredibly important movie for the super hero genre, Blade revived the genre that had been previously murdered by batman and robin, steel and such movies.

It's like all those peeps who cried about there not being any black superhero movies while ignoring that Blade got away with a whopping Trilogy!

KevinCow

Banned

Love the set up tho.

Blade was hardly seen as a superhero movie. It was just an action movie about vampires starring Wesley Snipes. Did it even have the Marvel logo at the start?

X-Men started the modern superhero era in 2000, and then Spider-Man kicked it into overdrive in 2002.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That entire stage demo was pretty much nails on a chalkboard with "HEY GUYS IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THEY'RE SAYING A RACIAL SLUR ALOT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

PSqueak

Banned
Blade was hardly seen as a superhero movie. It was just an action movie about vampires starring Wesley Snipes. Did it even have the Marvel logo at the start?

X-Men started the modern superhero era in 2000, and then Spider-Man kicked it into overdrive in 2002.

I believe it did, and a lot of people knew about blade either because comics or the 90's Spider-man cartoon.

Blade, X-men and Spider-man were the first movie licenses Marvel dished out as a last attempt at not going bankrupt, Blade was the first to come out and was pretty much a big deal.

X-Men started the modern superhero era in 2000, and then Spider-Man kicked it into
Yeah, the man's a killer. Basically vampire Punisher.

Thanks. Had me rolling.

t hicks

Banned
I really wasn't expecting this to come out until next year tbh, glad it's coming this year!
Loved the 1st game so much, of course getting this day 1!

digdug2k

I love SouthPark but I found the first game is one of my things-I-hate-that-other-people-like. Single FPS dips on a PS3. Short. Awful combat. I found it funny, but I dreaded having to go anywhere or actually do anything in it.

Anyone else hate it but planning to get this? I need an opinion I can trust :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I want this so much, I bought the first game for £4.99 in the sale on a whim, I ended up finishing it in a few days, I was absolutely hooked. By far the funniest game I have ever played and just extremely fun to play. The change in dev does scare me a little though, but at least Mat and Trey are still fully involved so the humour will still be there.

PC Principal

"Did I just hear someone use a micro-aggression?"

Oh God. So South Park got into the Political Correctness debate? Any time I hear BS about it, I think of GamerGate and Anders Brevik.

I hate it when comedy tries to make something that they can't understand, sound stupid.

If I ordering the physical version of this game(Through amazon) can I still get the stick of truth now or would I have to wait until I actually get the game in December

Oh God. So South Park got into the Political Correctness debate? Any time I hear BS about it, I think of GamerGate and Anders Brevik.

I hate it when comedy tries to make something that they can't understand, sound stupid.

You're calling a comedy stupid for attempting to do something before you even watch it or learn what they were saying?

I'm sorry I see stupid, but it isn't South Park it's your post

'Safe Space' is like top tier South Park writing and it made me wish Matt and Trey wrote a musical about it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope Season 20 ends with a sequel to the Black Friday trilogy. That was top-tier South Park.
It would be difficult though since that focused on the launches of the PS4 and Xbone. ... Oh right, Neo vs Scorpio! Maybe with some NX.

Did you somehow miss the entire last season?

South Park hates political correctness. In other news, Family Guy loves cutaway gags.

Top Bottom