• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Song of the Deep has gone gold

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Good, hope that means more people will be working now on Spider-Man.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Is this game connected to Song of the Sea? Had some really nice spins on ancient Gaelic/Celtic lore.

definitely was something that was an inspiration. Miyazaki/Ghibli too.

A lot of the Gaelic stuff though came from Brian Hastings taking a family trip to the coast of Ireland.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ClqHV-TVEAAipGk.jpg

new screen hot off the press

wouwie

I'm looking forward to it and i'm crossing my fingers that it turns out to be a great game. I love the setting and the art style.

Gamestop REALLY want this to be a thing. I went into one the other day and Song of the Deep merchandise is the first thing you see. There are already several Funko Pops and such.

Swass

Hope this reviews well, really have high hopes for it, and from what I've seen looks fun especially for the low price point.

bede-x

This is a full on Metroidvania, right? At least that's my expectation and what I've seen it described as, but sometimes games with that label end up being more linear less explorative than I'd like. Really hope this is a classic take on the genre.

This game looks good and all, but I am worried that it won't be the mega hit that Gamestop wants it to be. As someone who regularly goes to my local Gamestop, I can see how much they are marketing it and pushing people to preorder it, and I don't think it will do anywhere near the results they expect from such a heavy push.

Holy shit, I didn't even know you could preorder it already!

I've been waiting for this game ever since it was announced. Is gamestop still making a physical release?

Enforcer

I'm really considering picking this because I love Metroidvania style games. I wish there was a bit more info about the game, though. I'm sure there will be plenty of reviews, but that's like two weeks away! Who has the patience for that?!

And speaking of the massive merchandising push for this game, has anyone seen that submarine statue they're selling for this? That's going for $70, meanwhile the collector's edition of the game is only $30! Seems a bit silly to me. Who's gonna buy merchandise for a game that's not even released yet, from an unknown IP no less, that costs more than twice the price of the game's CE?

JPS Kai

I'm really considering picking this because I love Metroidvania style games. I wish there was a bit more info about the game, though. I'm sure there will be plenty of reviews, but that's like two weeks away! Who has the patience for that?!

And speaking of the massive merchandising push for this game, has anyone seen that submarine statue they're selling for this? That's going for $70, meanwhile the collector's edition of the game is only $30! Seems a bit silly to me. Who's gonna buy merchandise for a game that's not even released yet, from an unknown IP no less, that costs more than twice the price of the game's CE?

You should play Aquaria in the meantime. ;)

Shauni

I got an e-mail the other day that says Powerup Rewards members can get the game 24 hours early if they pre-order the game. Pretty sure that means the free version, too, not the Pro kind that you have to pay for. Thought some may be interested in that.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Never seen this before, it's kinda like Aquaria meets Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, looks really cool!

Alienfan

It's such a weird thing to push, but you have to admire Gamestop's attempt to change their business model. Hope the game is great and everything works out, getting people who typically only play games like Call of Duty to buy a game in a genre that isn't exactly apart of mainstream gaming could be good for all developers/publishers.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm really looking forward to this.

The other day I went into a GS and they were pimping the hell out of this game on their TV channel thing, they also had displays and stuff up for it, they really want this to work so that's great.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
it's an 8-12 hour Metroidvania, underwater, with maybe the best soundtrack ever in an Insomniac game (I heart it so much).

If you like that side-scrolling era exploration style game, I think you'll dig a lot

Bought for PC, I can't wait for this... I hope to see more Insomniac Games on PC... (Yeah I know that those games are for Playstation) but I want to believe... :D

sotd_side2.jpg

Wozman23

maybe the best soundtrack ever in an Insomniac game (I heart it so much).

Granted the Spyro stuff is from a different era, but it's tough to top the caliber of the legendary drummer/composer Stewart Copeland.

(In a previous thread I expressed the desire for you guys to work with him again, and somebody said they thought the teaser trailer hinted at him. I've still never seen any mention of who is composing and doubt it's Copeland, but a man can dream for something like this though...)

Top Bottom