• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 - New screens

Apoc29

nskinnear said:
Multi%20Turret%20Front_1280.jpg
xcn4ag.jpg

Lighting has gotten a pretty dramatic improvement.

In this shot...
PolyponNest_1280.jpg

It looks like the shotgun is casting a shadow on the support beam. If that's the case, that's really impressive.

Also, objects are now casting more than one shadow. Hopefully that means we're finally rid of the bizarre jumping shadows of UE3.

-PXG-

Get this so-called "color" outta mah Gears.

Kydd Blaze and I played some Gears 1 today. Man, brings back memories.

Hope they can achieve same/similar image quality in-game.

Would be amazing.

The improvements in lighting, in the use of dof, in the color scheme are great.

Karram

Graphically it looks way better than Gears 2. Really excited to know what they'll show at E3 . Also I hope in the game I can attach any weapon to the turret not just Pendulum Lancers like 4 Rocket launchers or 2 Snipers and 2 Hammerbursts etc.

Kibbles

Hell yes. Bring on E3 O_O They better demo the game. Follow up the demonstration with a beta announcement.

geeko

Karram said:
Graphically it looks way better than Gears 2. Really excited to know what they'll show at E3 . Also I hope in the game I can attach any weapon to the turret not just Pendulum Lancers like 4 Rocket launchers or 2 Snipers and 2 Hammerbursts etc.

Its been confirmed in GI that any combination of weapons can be used in the turret.

REV 09

those screens look very believable to me. Same with KZ3's recent batch of screens. Are we getting to a point where bullshots aren't needed?

cgcg

Good lord, till this day people still can't tell bullshots from real screenshots.

The real screenshots look pretty underwhelming.

Resilient

I think everybody missed the 300 'This is SPARTA' screenshot. Go have a look again :p

E3 better deliver a Beta announcement, or else the multiplayer in this game is going to be doomed.

skyfinch

I know it's early, but I'm canceling all my plans on April 11th. That includes birthdays, job interviews and funerals and any private meetings with the Queen of England.

metareferential said:
Hope they can achieve same/similar image quality in-game.

Would be amazing.

The improvements in lighting, in the use of dof, in the color scheme are great.

If you just look at the resolution, you can tell which pics are bullshot and which are real. For example, the pics of the mini-gun by itself and the one of Dom are obviously real. The pic with the little bad guys is obviously not.

The bullshots look amazing.

The real ones look like slightly more colorful gears 2 quality pics.

Wiggum2007

Mr. B Natural said:
If you just look at the resolution, you can tell which pics are bullshot and which are real. For example, the pics of the mini-gun by itself and the one of Dom are obviously real. The pic with the little bad guys is obviously not.

The bullshots look amazing.

The real ones look like slightly more colorful gears 2 quality pics.

It seems like non-BS screens of every Gears game have looked like crap, even though the games themselves look great in motion.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
there's no way the IQ is going to be anything like these screenshots in action.

I'd love to eat my hat, though.

Top Bottom