• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown?

I still don't get why this matters when the PS4 allows you to swap the internal drive. I have a 2tb drive in mine and it's much more space than i'll ever need.

I have a 1.5TB HDD and I have to delete stuff. Having a 2TB I still wouldn't be able to fit all of it. I have 60 disc games and probably 85 including PSN games. Doom takes up the most at over 60gb. I want external HDD support or at least a 3tb option for internal.

They will either go with PS4 Plus (like PS+) or PS4 Ultra (like how they label their high end phones)

Anything else just sounds silly.

They'll go the Nintendo Route. Super PS4. Or Atari PS4 4200 representing gigaflops!

Hedrush

I think they should roll with the "Neo" sub-brand.

Branding it as "PS4K" won't make much sense when "PS5K" comes round. PS5 Neo does make sense. In the same way Apple have their "S" branding, Sony could roll with "Neo".

I like the name PS4 Neo I hope they roll with it too, I can't see it being PS4k either for the same reasons you state.

Lady Gaia

I agree with you that the inclusion or absence of a Neo improvement can affect buying habits of certain consumers in situations where 2 or more games are very similar.

What you're saying makes sense for informed individuals. In aggregate, though, people make decisions for a wide spectrum of reasons. Some aren't as devoted to a specific series as you imagine and could be swayed by buzz surrounding a product. Novelty generates that buzz, so showing something that couldn't be done before is one way to get press, attention, and thereby sales.

Why didn't any of the big francises you've listed just sit out the PS3/PS4 transition for a few years? After all, there were more PS3 owners by a long shot. In practice, PS3 releases don't get as much attention when there are fancier screen shots to show on the new platform. Plus Sony will throw co-marketing dollars behind something that makes them look good. Add in that early adopters tend to responsible for a disproportionately large proportion of software sales and the equation skews even more.

Last, but not least, consider the technical and artistic talent responsible for moving the industry forward. How are you going to keep your best people if you aren't going to let them push some boundaries with new hardware? It's not an all-or-nothing proposition. We won't see publishers or developers maxing out the new hardware or ignoring the base hardware but they'll start the progressive arms race to better visuals again and we'll see improvement in fits and starts.

Keep in mind that even if they do nothing at all their titles will be running on faster hardware and will be far less prone to dips in frame rate on the Neo. That's the baseline and things just get better from there.

Jonboy

They will either go with PS4 Plus (like PS+) or PS4 Ultra (like how they label their high end phones)

Anything else just sounds silly.

I've been close to 100% sold on it being PS4K for a while, but I had a thought last night and am changing my guess to PS4 Platinum.

They already have the branding & marketing in place with the PS Silver and Gold Headset (see images below). Always thought it was weird they didn't do a Platinum headset, but perhaps they're saving that for Neo. The messaging would make total sense as this is a product geared toward the hardcore and Platinum trophies are what the hardcore PS fans pursue. I can already see the box with the little platinum trophy logo.

goldhead-blackbox-imageblock-v2-us-23sep14

silverheadset-imageblock-box-us-07sep14

dukeoflegs

I've been trying to figure out if I should trade in my PS4 to gamestop tonight, or if it is even worth the effort (transferring saves, whipping the harddrive, etc)?

I am wondering if Sony is going to have a bundled game with the Neo. I am hoping it is The Last Guardian. I saw some previous comments about Call of Duty and Battlefield being candidates for a bundled game. I would like to see The Last Guardian get some spotlight.

Call of Duty marketing on a Sony console?

Thing is, that nearly all EA games that have no Disney licensing, have marketing on Xbox. Correct me if I am wrong.

CoD is just the franchise that goes to the console with the most buyer potential, I think.
Edit: And Titanfall is not directly from EA, they're partners with Respawn

But hey, let's hope I am wrong !

Midas

Thing is, that nearly all EA games that have no Disney licensing, have marketing on Xbox. Correct me if I am wrong.

CoD is just the franchise that goes to the console with the most buyer potential, I think.

Battlefront.

I've been close to 100% sold on it being PS4K for a while, but I had a thought last night and am changing my guess to PS4 Platinum.

They already have the branding & marketing in place with the PS Silver and Gold Headset (see images below). Always thought it was weird they didn't do a Platinum headset, but perhaps they're saving that for Neo. The messaging would make total sense as this is a product geared toward the hardcore and Platinum trophies are what the hardcore PS fans pursue. I can already see the box with the little platinum trophy logo.

goldhead-blackbox-imageblock-v2-us-23sep14

silverheadset-imageblock-box-us-07sep14

Nice catch, of all hundreds of suggestions, first time I saw this and it makes sense! With one day to go, I will lock in on this name as well! Perhaps the console will get some platinum looking details as well

Elitist1945

BF3 had PS3 marketing. And doesn't FIFA have have PlayStation marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom