• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeing people with Neo-Nazi tattoos in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp84

Shit I was born in 1988 and in some usernames I have 88 at end. I hope people don't think I am a nazi

Link1110

I noticed some 88 stuff on Japanese streetwear and it made me wonder what the designer was thinking. Same for designers who incorporate red or blue bandanas into their stuff like it's some kind of fashionable thing without considering what they represent.
If it's in a foreign country like that is possible the designer was trolling I guess so they could have a laugh at the expense of the wearers who don't know better

tumblr_nxb48acQdW1s408z6o1_500.jpg

Like this?

haha
that surely won't be outdated 5 years from now.
*5 months

Not Nazi, but fascist ones

Face of Mussolini or a fasces are pretty common

My cousin's ex-husband is a straight up nostalgic, has both of them, at the baptism of their first daughter he hanged the map of the italians colonies subdued in Africa during the fascism

Plus, he made and bottled wine for the occasion, created a label with the face of the child and called it, with big ass characters, "Laura*, a new aryan"

*not the real name

It's so dumb that it sounds made up

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wait, the pepe meme is racist?
WTH?!!!

Yes and no.
There are three versions of Pepe, original comic strip Pepe, Sad Pepe, and Smug Pepe.
Only Smug Pepe is an alt-right thing.

Japanese streetware uses a lot of odd logo / symbols. I forget which high end designer had the SS lightning bolts on the back of a flight jacket.
probably Neighborhood...
these likely aren't the one you saw but I wouldn't be surprised to see the lightning bolts parallel in the SS
notice that even their collab with Burton has it. the last one, the lightning bolts are actually the logo of a separate brand called fragment.

that said, usually their imagery is most inspired by vintage biker art... vintage biker or motor car motifs, or biker 1%er art.... especially their skulls. things like those below... (i censored it the one image)
but they do also use a lot of motifs reminiscent of World War 2 apparel or logos, from all theaters and sides, really. same with sort of vintage 'motor car' apparel. basically anything sort of that screams 1940s, 50s, 60s. while they do especially have a thing for skulls, and especially both WW2 and 1% biker culture, they'll use motifs of almost _any_ type -- if it's from 1940s-1960s America and controversial, it's probably fair game.

e.g. 'mississippi cotton picking time' or 'neighborhood playboy bunny skull'

the lightning bolts are likely based on WW2 but could also be somewhat inspired by 1% bikers... sort of in the same way their use of death's head looks both Hells Angels and SS inspired.

88 though... i'm not sure. I don't really know how Japanese feel about 88 but I know a lot of Chinese who use '88' because it's lucky... if someone was born in 88 they'll try use it everywhere... wechat names, license plates, etc.. if they were going to get a jersey it would be 88. if I saw a Neighborhood jersey with an 88... i'd wouldn't think oh it's also trying to be controversial with HH but rather more so they probably just wanna sell more jerseys in china.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
that said, usually their imagery is most inspired by vintage biker art... vintage biker or motor car motifs, or biker 1%er art.... especially their skulls. things like those below... (i censored it the one image)

Whoa, the white shirt is actually amazing, I want that.

A neonazi bought me a beer once at a shady rock/biker club in Massachusetts. Didn't know he was a neonazi at the time I accrepted the beer, accrepted the beer, then he told me and my Muslim friend how he was a neonazi and had spent some time in jail, and showed us his nazi tattoos by taking his shirt off. He then did coke at the bar with a guy i knew (we were there to see his band). I'm sure if he knew my friend was Muslim and I was raised Catholic it might have been a little more awkward.

I just kinda nodded politely and said things like "yep, its a crazy world" as he incoherently rambled, then got the fuck outta there.

Even knowing he was a neonazi, I don't think I'd turn down that beer. If an ex con neonazi offers you a gansett at a shady rock bar, you accept that beer.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
A neonazi bought me a beer once at a shady rock/biker club in Massachusetts. Didn't know he was a neonazi at the time I accrepted the beer, accrepted the beer, then he told me and my Muslim friend how he was a neonazi and had spent some time in jail, and showed us his nazi tattoos by taking his shirt off. He then did coke at the bar with a guy i knew (we were there to see his band). I'm sure if he knew my friend was Muslim and I was raised Catholic it might have been a little more awkward.

I just kinda nodded politely and said things like "yep, its a crazy world" as he incoherently rambled, then got the fuck outta there.

Even knowing he was a neonazi, I don't think I'd turn down that beer. If an ex con neonazi offers you a gansett at a shady rock bar, you accept that beer.

Crazy story.

Well, that you're Catholic could be invisible to him depending on where your background is (i.e. Irish, English, Dutch, or German Catholic), but how did he not recognize from physical appearances that your friend was possibly Muslim? He must have been very drunk, or assumed that no Muslim would break the rules and go to a bar.

Or he was looking for a fight and you and your friend got out just in time!

Edit: You know what, he probably just didn't care.

dsk1210

Here is a fiorentina football strip from 1992.

See if you can spot why there was tons of complaints about it.

fio93.jpg

Swastikas all over the pattern, some believed that it was done on purpose, such was the leanings of the Italian club and it's ultras.

Valhelm

contribute something
Around the George/Florida border I was in a urinal next to a 20-something guy with a Swastika tattoo on his upper arm and the SS logo on the back of his neck.

He had a kid with him, too.

It might be prison related. I remember that was the case with the only patient I remembered seeing with one in the hospital.

You shoulda punched him square in the back of the head in the elevator tho OP.

Crazy story.

Well, that you're Catholic could be invisible to him depending on where your background is (i.e. Irish, English, Dutch, or German Catholic), but how did he not recognize from physical appearances that your friend was possibly Muslim? He must have been very drunk, or assumed that no Muslim would break the rules and go to a bar.

Or he was looking for a fight and you and your friend got out just in time!

Edit: You know what, he probably just didn't care.

My friend is an American of middle Eastern descent and could pass for Italian, Greek, french, etc. We definitely weren't going to bring up religion to him hahaha. But yeah he didn't care.

Whats sort of weird is that while this guy was a self professed neo nazi I don't really think he knew what being a neonazi means. He was also totally fucked up, though not really drunk. He bought us beers because we were friends with the guy In the band and he was kinda talking to the guy In the band and us at the same time, then when they went to mic check or whatever, he's like "lemme buy you guys a round!" And then like 30smlater took his shirt off and showed us his swastika tattoos.

But yeah I wasn't going to stand up for what I believed in at that moment either... Just one of those common moments in life where you share a beer with a friendly coked out neonazi and cut your losses.

Also I sort of wonder whether most people with neonazi tattoos got them while in prison under ... Less than ideal circumstances.

VanWinkle

It's honestly so bizarre to me that people like this still exist. You could someone understand it back when it was easier to be sheltered, but information is all around us now anywhere we are. This is the most open the world has ever been thanks to the internet, so I just don't get it.

It's honestly so bizarre to me that people like this still exist. You could someone understand it back when it was easier to be sheltered, but information is all around us now anywhere we are. This is the most open the world has ever been thanks to the internet, so I just don't get it.

Their hatred is inherently ludicrous and without foundation so it was always and still is flimsy. To educate themselves would mean to take away an identity for them since they're defined simply by what they irrationally despise. They're humans empty of substance beyond a constant blaming of "the other" for every problem wrong in not only their lives but the world as a whole.

fio93.jpg

Swastikas all over the pattern, some believed that it was done on purpose, such was the leanings of the Italian club and it's ultras.

I can't really see them? Looks like cheesy European 1990s fashion to me

I saw a guy in a bank once wearing an American Nazi Party shirt. There wasn't enough room in my head for all the WTFs I needed.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I know a couple of neo nazis with face tattoos... which is funny since they're Argentinos lol

Contrary to what someone else just said, that's actually NOT surprising. At the end of World War 2, Argentina openly welcomed Germans and Nazis and created a safe haven for them. As a result, the country has a huge prominence of racists and Neo Nazis, as well as a recognized Neo Nazi political party. Furthermore, the gang that attacked Top Gear two years ago have a massive Neo Nazi belonging, as well.

I know a guy with a swastika tattoo. I've never had a problem with him. I don't know why he has it but he has children with a woman who is half Filipino and white and raised her other children she had with a Mexican guy. We all went swimming one day and I was like:

SCAREDSHAKING_zps768ab00c.gif

But then I figured, I've known him for years and he's always been super cool, so just let it go, I guess.

Koyuga

Had to stop wearing my coat with german flags on the shoulders because sketchy dudes with swastica tattoos kept approaching me asking "you white power?"

Khoryos

fio93.jpg

It's like a bloody magic eye picture... I was staring and staring, couldn't see it, then BLAM!
And now all I can see is a shit-ton of swastikas.

Spenny

Shit I was born in 1988 and in some usernames I have 88 at end. I hope people don't think I am a nazi
I also do this a lot. Now that I think about it this might be why some old "friends" who turned out to be super racist added me on XBL. Fuck.

dalin80

Banned
The adoption of other cultures symbols to represent racist ideals is both disturbing and utterly frustrating. Hurtful to those the gestures are aimed at and frustrating for those of us who would like to use them for their actual meanings.

I have Celt origins and have occasionally considered a tattoo that would show that. all the awesome designs or designs with great meanings behind? They have either been adopted by racist groups or look like something that could be.

So I thought fine, how about some ancient English symbols, England has a rich and varied history with vast amounts of lore and stories surely there must be something awesome hiding in their? Swastikas, Swastikas everywhere.

Sigh.

A guy I used to hang out with in HS ended up in prison and came out with a nazi tattoo. He said he had to get it, and that he wasn't proud of it. It's crazy because he's actually really into rap.

JoeNut

I've never even heard of 88 being used as a nazi thing, my year of birth is 88 so I have usernames ending in 88 etc.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
My girlfriend's tattoo artist is an Israeli-Canadian who is the grandson of a couple that met in a fucking concentration camp and he's had guys come in to his shop looking to get Nazi tattoos.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to not just punch them right in the face.

Huh, never heard that. Although something with the jagged SS logo would look closer to my eyes:

51555fa4e4e947d03b3f17d0551a94f5.jpg

Edit: beaten for taking long enough to find a logo encased in a circle...

Man the SS logo is such a cool professional design compared with the Swastika that Hitler just amateurishly stole. It is just tragic that they ruined slanted lightning shaped Ss for the rest of the next couple of centuries.

Kuldar

I have a cousin who fell in with a bad crowd as a teen and has some fucked up tattoos. He doesn't take his shirt off at the beach. It's actually really sad cuz he grew up to be a really sweet and open minded guy. He lives in horror that he'll have to tell his kids someday.
He never thought about having some cover-up tatoo? Should be less expensive than a laser removal.

I met few inked neo-nazi in France. Last time it was two months ago. The guy had a classical takky skull on his right arm but then I saw the waffen SS emblem inked next to the skull. And on the left arm a 88. After that I realize he was wearing a specific clothing brand loved by the far right (can't remember the name). At least it's easy to spot this kind of racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom