• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot PSVR stream live | OT | of no tracking issues

Pif

Banned
UPDATE with links for all the streams that were not plagued by technicall issues.

Stolen from another poster, because I'm on mobile right now.

Game Informer, Gamespot, Jim Sterling and Kinda Funny

Sorry for quick and dirty thread, but this stream is having a proper setup, their headset just works. Very good impressions.

After the initial negativity wave with Giantbombs stream, this is a breath of fresh air and needs to be shared.

Cess007

I've been watching it for a while. They seems to had fun with Until Dawn, Batman, and the one before the current one (the music one)

Having not watch the GB stream, what was the issues?

Some really bad tracking issues that Jeff and Brad said they had also experienced at home. They referenced another journalist who had been sent a new unit because of it, making them wonder if it was a hardware issue.

Norm and Jeremy also mentioned the issue on Tested. I think at this point it's a bit too widespread to blame it on perceived Giantbomb negativity.

Fordy

Some really bad tracking issues that Jeff and Brad said they had also experienced at home. They referenced another journalist who had been sent a new unit because of it, making them wonder if it was a hardware issue.

Norm and Jeremy also mentioned the issue on Tested. I think at this point it's a bit too widespread to blame it on perceived Giantbomb negativity.

Ah OK. Probably not going to bite now, so happy to see if this is a small percentage or more a widespread issue.

Karak

Ya the 3 I talked to all had the issue to more or less degrees. Its isnt a Giantbomb thing.

Soi-Fong

Giantbomb's been honest. I really do think they got a faulty unit.

Ferrio

Banned
Because you just need someone to justify your purchase?

A VR unit having tracking issues isn't a person's opinion, it's a matter of fact. Seeing other people having no issues isn't about taking their opinion, it's about being informed about the actual product.

Cess007

Thumper (music game) looks mental, would love to play it, but I already know I'd suck at it and it'd burn my eyes.

Yes, i was watching it, and it started pretty dull. But once he started playing the harder levels, it looked pretty damn fun.

Also, neat, they will play DriveClub, curious about the VR version.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'd be super curious to know if Gamespot took their headset over to the Giantbomb set and tried it out, if those tracking issues would remain. Would confirm the defective headset theory that Eurogamer mentioned.

Wereroku

I'd be super curious to know if Gamespot took their headset over to the Giantbomb set and tried it out, if those tracking issues would remain. Would confirm the defective headset theory that Eurogamer mentioned.
I doubt they will worry about it right now. Jeff will probably just try to get new units for the next steam next week.

This is something that needs to happen.

That would be nice.

It's cool directly seeing this set up not having issues and them just going smoothly game to game.

Obviously they've brought up the known kinks like being wired.

Zebetite

Banned
thank god you've done this immense service for us all, op. this NEEDED to be shared. i simply cannot imagine a world in which the only word on psvr were the slanderous lies cooked up the Giant Bomb World Order, and their associates. faulty units, HAH! gamespot sets us free! GET IN HERE, SONYBROS! DO NOT LET THEM FOOL YOU! THE COUNTOURS BEHIND PLANES ARE IN FACT SECRET MICROSOFT MINDCONTROL GAS TO CONVINCE YOU BUY AN XBONE AND THE DUALSHOCK 4 NEVER HAD PEELING RUBBER ON THE STICKS!!!!!

Good ol' Sony Hardware Launches on NeoGAF

Sanador

The tech looks very cool. My favorite gaming genre is RPGs. Anyone know of any that are coming out that will support PSVR? Skyrim in VR could be amazing.

Tagyhag

Or simply the GB experience isn't the norm?

That doesn't mean that we know it'll never happen to a consumer.

It's good to let people know that it's not a widespread issue, but it's also smart to tell people that some ARE having issues and it's not confirmed that it's 100% the fault of the user.

Soi-Fong

It's good to let people know that it's not a widespread issue, but it's also smart to tell people that some ARE having issues and it's not confirmed that it's 100% the fault of the user.

Basically this.

Big Chungus

thank god you've done this immense service for us all, op. this NEEDED to be shared. i simply cannot imagine a world in which the only word on psvr were the slanderous lies cooked up the Giant Bomb World Order, and their associates. faulty units, HAH! gamespot sets us free! GET IN HERE, SONYBROS! DO NOT LET THEM FOOL YOU! THE COUNTOURS BEHIND PLANES ARE IN FACT SECRET MICROSOFT MINDCONTROL GAS TO CONVINCE YOU BUY AN XBONE AND THE DUALSHOCK 4 NEVER HAD PEELING RUBBER ON THE STICKS!!!!!

are you ok?

Pif

Banned

How does one report people for trolling? I'd like to bring this behaviour to a mods attention.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The tech looks very cool. My favorite gaming genre is RPGs. Anyone know of any that are coming out that will support PSVR? Skyrim in VR could be amazing.

No Skyrim VR, but would you settle for ogling at Cid's tits in FFXV instead?

Cess007

They gonna try the Kitchen Demo? I've been curious for that demo for a long time

Tell us how you really feel dude :)

Smh

cakely

This is trolling.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Because you just need someone to justify your purchase?
I'd say it's less about that and more about determining if there is a widespread problem with these units. I'm pretty certain Richard didn't have any issues like Giant Bomb while testing for the DF review but there are enough people having problems that it sure seems like this could become an issue at launch.

Yup.

Though I think the other point is people also shouldn't use the GB issues as "ammo" either, just as you said be made aware that some people are having issues, and ofcourse there's always room for firmware updates.

Hey guys how the launch.....

giphy.gif

Sephzilla

cKPPVKX.gif

You Don't Need To Counteract Threads
A lot of people see a thread that's positive about something they don't like or negative about something they do, and they take it upon themselves to "counter". Don't do this. Even if a thread starts out with a poster expressing a critical opinion, there's still space to disagree within the thread. It's more likely that if you try to make a new thread to counter it, you're going to come off like you're pushing an agenda and it's not really going to be productive or lead to good discussion.

cough

Top Bottom