• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Resident Evil 7 even getting a Collector's Edition in EU and NA regions?

Jawmuncher

I find it rather odd that Capcom NA and EU haven't announced any sort of collector's edition for their regions. It's capcom's biggest IP, so you would think it would get one. But we're basically 3ish months away from release. Seems like time is running out to announce a Collector's Edition. Considering most game's announce that sort of thing a good deal ahead of time.

Thing's get even more odd when Japan has a collector's edition announced for their grotesque version. Usually CE's even if they're different across region's are announced at the same time. I wonder if perhaps Capcom is just wanting to try and cut losses when it comes to a CE. Considering they don't really have a good track record of doing any CE's of quality. But the silence I don't feel is a good thing. I say this because they did the same sort of silence for RE4 on PS4 when it came to if that game had a platinum trophy or not. It really feels like capcom is just staying quiet about a CE so they don't have to deal with backlash because there isn't one.

It's not a big deal at all if the game doesn't get one. But it would be nice if they just came out and said their plans on such an edition. Even if it ends up being a capcom store exclusive or something. If they wan't to push the Digital Deluxe as their CE then they should just come out and say it. I know i'm not the only fan still waiting on news in this category. Since while I would buy a CE for my region. I don't think i'll go through the hassle of importing the japanese CE.
biohazard-7-resident-s2ys0.jpg

INB4 RE7 gets delayed

RootCause

I have no idea, but I've been hoping they would say something about it. I'd really love get a CE.

I'd love to get the Welcome to the family Man statue, or maybe a STARS themed controller.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is that a CE or a hobos backpack?

Lime

Of course it will, CE is an easy way to earn more money on the same product

Also wow at all that junk in that picture

There is a CE, there is always a CE, why would there not be a CE. You got more a chance of getting hit by lightning than there not being a CE of a game these days.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For clarification, the bag, mug, etc., all are plain since the designs hadn't been fully decided on them and were left blank to basically say, "These will be in the CE, but the design isn't done yet". It says that on the pre-order sites in Japanese, but that seems to have been lost in translation.

Which is also probably why the CE isn't available in other countries yet, the finalized design and contents are done yet.

Man, I love RE, but I don't know if I would buy that. I mean, the record of, I assume the OST, would be cool, but a sack, a plain white mug, dirty playing cards, and a weed? That's pushing the devotion a little too hard.

Vamphuntr

Oh good,i still remember the CE of RE6
it was the worst CE ever.
re6-01.jpg

it's not even a ball,it's just an image.

Even the packaging is terrible. Should have come in a garbage bag instead. Would have been more fitting.

It's a bit weird no CE is announced when the game is coming in like 3 months but they will probably do something. It's a big franchise so a CE should bring in money.

Jawmuncher

Looks like GameStop will be the collectors edition. Just a physics version of the digital deluxe which is fine by me. Since it comes with the superior box art. That VR bullshit ruins the case.

I still think the regular care of RE7 will change to the Japanese box art. Which is the logo with a orangish background. Since it's what's being used for all digital images on XBl, psn, etc

img_0320dcyo9.jpg

Pretty sure the mug is plain white because they haven't revealed/finalised the actual design.

I was about to post this. The mug would have a design to it. Capcom has done this to all their products; they give you a placeholder image, then unveil the final design of the products closer to the release date.

In terms of US CE specifically, Capcom gets the cheapest stuff possible for their collector's bonuses - the pic of RE 6 is proof of that. See also the Super Street Fighter IV Dojo Edition and RE 5 CU. The Only Collector's Edition I personally find that is good is the Dead Rising 2 Zombrex and High Stakes editions.

Jawmuncher

I was about to post this. The mug would have a design to it. Capcom has done this to all their products; they give you a placeholder image, then unveil the final design of the products closer to the release date.

In terms of US CE specifically, Capcom gets the cheapest stuff possible for their collector's bonuses - the pic of RE 6 is proof of that. See also the Super Street Fighter IV Dojo Edition and RE 5 CU. The Only Collector's Edition I personally find that is good is the Dead Rising 2 Zombrex and High Stakes editions.

They do seem to do better when they go more simple.
Resident Evil ORC was another decent collectors edition. Was nice and simple. Steel Book case, some patches, and some DLC.

They do seem to do better when they go more simple.
Resident Evil ORC was another decent collectors edition. Was nice and simple. Steel Book case, some patches, and some DLC.

True. I'm not sure if you remember, but Capcom was planning on releasing an RE 6 Limited Edition in which had Leon's replica jacket as one of the items. It was part of Capcom JP's online store exclusives, so the US branch wanted to gauge how many people would buy it here regarding the price. I guess you know what happened with that.

Jawmuncher

True. I'm not sure if you remember, but Capcom was planning on releasing an RE 6 Limited Edition in which had Leon's replica jacket as one of the items. It was part of Capcom JP's online store exclusives, so the US branch wanted to gauge how many people would buy it here regarding the price. I guess you know what happened with that.

I vaguely recall that. Recall it was like 3K or something?
Definitely was never going to fly in the US unless it was a capcom store super limited edition.

So there was a leak recently for one with Gamestop in Italy. Well today a CE can be preordered in the US I can confirm as I put 25 down. No details of what it has but it's going for 179.99. My guess is it's the leak from Italy plus the game as that leak stated it was 150 and without the game.

This included a usb finger, deluxe content, replica of house, art book, and I think some art cells or pictures.

Top Bottom