• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeming surge of hate crimes, assaults, intimidation in wake of Trump victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick nacc

Banned

yes I have.

24.3% of all hate crime offenders were black. According to the last census, blacks make up 12.6% of the population. That means that blacks commit hate crimes at nearly double the rate of their population percentage.

Now let’s compare that to whites: The FBI reports that 52.4% of hate crime offenders were white. Keep in mind that the FBI considers Hispanics as whites so the percentage of actual white hate crime offenders is likely much lower. In any case, non-Hispanic whites make up 63.7% of the US population. Throw in the Hispanics and it’s 72.4%. Either way, whites commit hates crimes at a rate lower than their population percentage.

Ozigizo

yes I have.

24.3% of all hate crime offenders were black. According to the last census, blacks make up 12.6% of the population. That means that blacks commit hate crimes at nearly double the rate of their population percentage.

Now let’s compare that to whites: The FBI reports that 52.4% of hate crime offenders were white. Keep in mind that the FBI considers Hispanics as whites so the percentage of actual white hate crime offenders is likely much lower. In any case, non-Hispanic whites make up 63.7% of the US population. Throw in the Hispanics and it’s 72.4%. Either way, whites commit hates crimes at a rate lower than their population percentage.

Well, bye.

Sianos

yes I have.

wow, you learn quickly, because your first attempt entirely relied on not understanding them

what's your source for this one? wasn't in the article you linked, so i'm curious

joe2187

Banned
you guys think you can insult people however you want because you think you have this moral high ground. It is so sad. Quit justifying behaving like animals.

Absolutely the fuck not.

Double fucking standards man, racism is is worse when it affects white people some how now.

Tolerating racism and white supremacy wont get us nowhere.

MUnited83

For you.
you guys think you can insult people however you want because you think you have this moral high ground. It is so sad. Quit justifying behaving like animals.

The animals have been out on the streets abusing, harassing and assaulting minorities. The only fucking jackass here trying to justify animal behaviour is you.

Goodbye, you hateful idiot. You're contributing to the atmosphere of hate, and you're contributing to all the hate crime being commited right now. Congrats.

MUnited83

For you.
Me saying that fighting and violence is happening on both sides is racist? Gaf has lost it's mind. Look at all these copouts.

Yes, one inciddent clearly outweighs the HUNDREDS OF ATTACKS AGAINS MINORITIES TODAY.

I am the person NOT DEFENDING these hateful acts. Holy shit.

You are. That's what you're fucking doing. And you come here to try to tell us " Hey guys, black people are the real ones doign hate crime!"

Raguel

Aw look. A butthurt Trump supporter being called out for being a racist pos. Poor poor oppressed child

nick nacc

Banned
Yes, one inciddent clearly outweighs the HUNDREDS OF ATTACKS AGAINS MINORITIES TODAY.

You seriously want a link to the numerous left violent acts?

You are. That's what you're fucking doing. And you come here to try to tell us " Hey guys, black people are the real ones doign hate crime!"

where.

kess

I mentioned this in poligaf, but the biracial kid who hangs around the coffee shop I go to was harrassed at elemenary school today -- stuff like "Go back to Africa" and "Only White Lives Matter." This is in a good size town that voted against Trump. I'm horrified.

Raguel

I have never been more depressed at the actions of this country than now. Im just can't expressed how angry, sad, frustrated, and furious I am.

MUnited83

For you.
what a helpless echo chamber. keep wafting eachothers egos. It does nothing to solve our problem.

Seemingly the only problem you believe exist is that black people are somehow some hate crime machines that are going to put fear into the white race.
Good luck with that.

ldcommando

Banned
*looks at post history*

holy fuck you're a Trump supporter. Good job on destroying me and my family's life and countless of other peoples lives. You just enabled unrestrained fascism and people will die because of what you've done. I won't get banned, but how can you live with yourself? People are hurting and suffering because of you. Why would you do this? :'(

Morrigan stark asked you the same thing in this thread, is she a trump supporter too?

MogCakes

what a helpless echo chamber. keep wafting eachothers egos. It does nothing to solve our problem.

If your intent is to highlight the violence among white/black people and start a discussion on it, this is not the thread to do that. You haven't really stated what your intent is, however, and your posts have mired you in an argument about the rate of black-on-white homicide statistics, which is entirely off-topic to the thread.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not arguing in bad faith, so I will say this: you are better served making your own thread about this, and you will need to approach it with some level of care because the aftermath of the election has been very turbulent.

I have never been more depressed at the actions of this country than now. Im just can't expressed how angry, sad, frustrated, and furious I am.

I am a straight white guy and I feel the same.

Why can't people be sympathetic to marginalized groups and their struggles? How could people look at Donald Trump and the things he has said and the people he surrounds himself with and say "I am okay with this"?

Palpable

Sure, there were always hate crimes, which is of course awful. But now we have a president who practically (if not absolutely) endorsed this type of behavior, which makes it galaxies worse.

lol... sometimes I wonder if you guys actually believe the stuff you write.

Izuna

Banned
yes I have.

Oh, I was waiting for this dialogue to start up.

No, I really wasn't.

daffy

Banned
Me saying that fighting and violence is happening on both sides is racist? Gaf has lost it's mind. Look at all these copouts.
nah son. thats not what you were saying. you need to walk a little slower like lizzie mcguire.

you very clearly saying that one side commits more crimes than the other

joe2187

Banned
lol... sometimes I wonder if you guys actually believe the stuff you write.

Have you seen his rallies?

He actively incited violence all the time against his protesters

he was giddy when there was protestors because he would literally sick his supporters on them.

not the source of your stats, the source of your quote, silly

it's stormfront, plug it into the google and see for yourself, folks!

I didn't get it from that disgusting forum.

r6rT_O.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
stormfront dude probably wont be evicted either. Night off for eviction notices these days. You know, everyones 'emotional'. It is ok though we got Trump as president, it legitimizes the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom