• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac @ Pax

r3.png

or bust.

Hoping for the new IP. Ratchet is super amazing, but they've done what they can with it I think. Resistance doesn't hold me, nothing wrong with the game mechanics but I hate the universe. To me it's like Gears set in the 1950's. Bring on the new IP.

Galvanise_ said:
Its set in New York.

Really? I can see a threads filled with Crysis 2 comparisons in the future.

TripOpt55

I'm guessing they announce Resistance 3 next, but I'm more excited to see the new IP. Hoping for a third-person action/adventure game of some kind with some platforming included. Probably won't hear about the new IP for a while though.

jstevenson said:
*poof*

You rang?

Awesome. Are you guys going to do PR + Marketing for one IP at a time, or are you going to have two marketing processes going on at the same time for two games? I'm assuming one game will launch a significant period of time before your new Multiplat IP.

seady said:
People, expand your imagination beyond wanting another Resistance and Ratchet please.

Well, we know they have another multiplat IP on the go, and they have said that they will continue to support Resistance and Ratchet fans. I'd like Insomniac to put out some PSN games. I reckon there is a wealth of people at that company with some great ideas for smaller games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd rather Ratchet. After playing Resistance 1 and Resistance 2, I was in complete and utter shock how overhyped those games were. I'd rant but that really wouldn't add much.

New IP please.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jstevenson said:
*poof*

You rang?
Its cool if i get hype?
Because im hyped. :3

New IP or R3 either way im hyped. :D

Cornbread78

Ikkarus said:
Please let it be Resistance 3.

The way R2 ended...I demand answers dammit.

Wow, someone actually commenting on the story, LOL!

Yes yes! One of my two favorite franchises! Please announce this, but please spread it out more from KZ3, so I can fully enjoy both of them online. 4 months was too close last time! I did still get the 10K kill trophy though!

Seriously:

Online co-opp: Check!
Online mulitplyer with 60 peeps: Check!
Online Clan support and actual rosters: Check!

Alright, I'm ready now. I'll get the blinders on if I start to see negativity.

wouwie

According to IG's twitter, the announcement date for the new game will be revealed this friday in the newsletter (Want to know when we're announcing our next game? Find in our new newsletter this Friday!).

I hope we are going to hear about a new IG project soon. I for one will miss the usual Insomniac game this christmas.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
V_Ben said:
Well, That's me spent. Consider me hyped :lol

Corto said:
Action-adventure RPG?

The only thing i know is the genre and some other info but worry not my friend PAX is near!!

GET HYPE !!
Oh and the 'Ted Price I Wuv You' avatar shall return!!!!

Massa

Fersis said:
The only thing i know is the genre and some other info but worry not my friend PAX is near!!

GET HYPE !!

Spill the beans!

gato-de-botas.jpg

bridegur said:
The new IG project better not be another bland shooter.

You shut your mouth, they simply made the best shooter this gen.

My Blaster Runs Hot

V_Ben

Banned
Fersis said:

GET HYPE !!

Please Monsieur, tell all :lol

edit: at least say if it's the multiplatform one :lol

Gomu Gomu

that’s about to change in a big way. And yes, we realize we’re announcing an announcement, and that we announced this newsletter announcement via a Twitter/Facebook announcement earlier this week. We feel a little bad about announcing the announcement of an announcement – but on the other hand, you’re excited and so are we.
:lol :lol Gotta love 'em.

V_Ben

Banned
Newsletter mentions the North Carolina studio almost exclusively, so I think we can assume they've been working on this game since their inception. The fact that it says PS3 project means its their next PS3 exclusive (otherwise they would have made the multiplatform nature of it known). Also, I'm now really hyped :lol

Top Bottom