• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you people don't really like Anime Trending, but here is what the more casual crowd liked this summer, and the show that are running for AOTY for the whole year.

AOTY contestant(not ranked) it's in alphabetical order!
1. Akagami no Shirayukime 2nd Season
2. Boku dake ga Inai Machi
3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Bungou no Stray Dogs
5. Haikyuu!! 3rd Season (PROJECTED)
6. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo
7. Kiznaiver
8. Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
9. Natsume Yuujinchou Go (PROJECTED)
10. Re:Zero
11. Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
12. Tales of Zestiria the X
13. Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
14. Yuri!! on Ice (PROJECTED)
15. AOTY Wildcard Round Winner
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2nd Season
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Diamond is Unbreakable
----------------------
Summer top10
xYHs3Z0.png

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Going only by that image, I like the styles of Relife, Bijutsubu, Orange and 91 Days. Any of those really bad and to be avoided?

Qurupeke

I know you people don't really like Anime Trending, but here is what the more casual crowd liked this summer, and the show that are running for AOTY for the whole year.
jJ7OTnk.jpg

A lot of the placements are really surprising, in a bad way mostly, but no Mob Psycho 100? Not even on the Top Summer shows?

jJ7OTnk.jpg

A lot of the placements are really surprising, in a bad way mostly, but no Mob Psycho 100?

I think that the way they work is that from every season for a show to qualify for AOTY it has to have got 50%+1 of the total votes from the season it was in. BTW that list is in alphabetical order, it's not their rank.

Edit: You mean for the summer top 10? People just weren't really fond of Mob psycho, from the comments I read, it was mostly because of the art-style.

There it is
Now, for those who were asking earlier on how many will qualify for the AOTY Title - well, surprising it may seem but only 2 anime will be nominated for the top award since those were the only ones who passed the requirement of garnering 50%+1 majority of the votes. Based from the list, that would be Tales of Zestiria the X and Shokugeki no Soma: Ni no Sara

Qurupeke

I think that the way they work is that from every season for a show to qualify for AOTY it has to have got 50%+1 of the total votes from the season it was in. BTW that list is in alphabetical order, it's not their rank.

There it is

Suddenly, GAF AOTY doesn't seem that bad. What a dumb way to vote for AOTY.

/XX/

Yea you're probably right although they do mention using 3DSMax which is interesting as previous works, as far as I'm aware of, were done on Cinema 4D.
That's because for Space Battleship Yamato 2199 it was SUNRISE D.I.D., the ones who made the reference 3D models and rigging plus effects animation using 3ds Max, while at XEBEC internal departments they handled for 3DCGI mostly the composition and monitor graphics work with Cinema 4D, in comparison. They could very well be doing in-house part of that modelling now, although given the temporary position of the posts outside of their general recruitment campaigns for the year, it may just be filling for some easier cooperation workflow.

Suddenly, GAF AOTY doesn't seem that bad. What a dumb way to vote for AOTY.

On a huge poll of voters like that? I think it's fair, gives anime that played throughout the year a fair chance, since they were evaluated during their season. It's just another way of doing things and I think it works. That top 15 is also pretty good imo.

Also that's what their Wildcard poll serves for, it gives an anime that slipped out another chance.

Cornbread78

Going only by that image, I like the styles of Relife, Bijutsubu, Orange and 91 Days. Any of those really bad and to be avoided?

Not at all. 91 Days is a good moster show and Orange was a pretty good drama/romance. Art Room Problem was an alright romcom and ReLife got pretty good reception from those who watched.

Jarmel

Banned
That's because for Space Battleship Yamato 2199 it was SUNRISE D.I.D., the ones who made the reference 3D models and rigging plus effects animation using 3ds Max, while at XEBEC internal departments they handled for 3DCGI mostly the composition and monitor graphics work with Cinema 4D, in comparison. They could very well be doing in-house part of that modelling now, although given the temporary position of the posts outside of their general recruitment campaigns for the year, it may just be filling for some easier cooperation workflow.

Wouldn't it be sort of late to be doing modeling now?

/XX/

Wouldn't it be sort of late to be doing modeling now?
All those individually animated explosion effects have to be unique enough depending on the required scene composition, to be done during all the animation production time-frame, I suppose. :-D

Even then, the same job posts has been open for months now, and most of their work for the following months must be supervising outsourced rigging and giving proper feedback of corrections anyway. Reference main modelling should have been mostly done, yeah.

L.O.R.D

Tiger Mask W 10

ok,this was really good episode,i enjoyed it.
i hyped for the next episode,until i saw the preview.

also,still no full opening on youtube?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2, Episode 11:

You know what, I am fine with this change in focus as it gets us away from the Gundam Politics for the most part.

AOTY contestant
3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Bungou no Stray Dogs
7. Kiznaiver
----------------------
Summer top10

As an AnimeGAF resident with bad taste, even I am struggling seeing some of that stuff that high up, jeez.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Suddenly, GAF AOTY doesn't seem that bad.
GAF AotY is worse because I have to see the people that post about anime every single week ignore stuff like Animator Expo even when it's put up online for free.

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 11

Iok continues to be worthless. He even managed to give McGillis the idea of doing the thing he didn't want McGillis doing. The Mobile Armor certainly lives up to its reputation of being a death machine. Weird how something 300 years old is stronger than most things they have today, but that's not new for this show. Props to Ride for having guts at least. Beam weapons are both terrifying and useless. That kind of works somehow. Of course Vidar probably chooses the perfect opportunity for revenge.

Just T

3-gatsu no Lion: 8

Didn't like the first half of this episode one bit. The second half was interesting. Kyouko is a piece of work but she is very intriguing to watch, especially with the atmosphere of the scene. And her VA came through too.

Syrinx

Surprisingly, Wake Up, Girls! is getting another season.

Unsurprisingly, the original director will not return for this new season.

GAF AotY is worse because I have to see the people that post about anime every single week ignore stuff like Animator Expo even when it's put up online for free.

The only ones I were able to see were the Dragon dentist and Patlabor reboot, were there supposed to be more? I mean none of the others are available.

Clov

The only ones I were able to see were the Dragon dentist and Patlabor reboot, were there supposed to be more? I mean none of the others are available.

There were a lot more, but I guess they're no longer on the official site. It's too bad, since there was some pretty brilliant stuff there.

There were a lot more, but I guess they're no longer on the official site. It's too bad, since there was some pretty brilliant stuff there.

Yea I figured, oh well now that I know that site, I'll try not to miss any of the newer ones.
-------------------------

Also I was curious if any of you people saw the fantastic stop-motion film(it's 30-ish minutes) called Junk Head. It's really fantastic and I'm sure that if you liked thunderbolt fantasy, you should at least give it a try. It's been available on youtube for quite a while.

And if you liked it there are some cool videos on his youtube channel detailing how he did some of his stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgwBI9SUXIS95Hw4i4CarrA/feed

blurr

March Comes in like a Lion 09

That match went different from what I expected, a comedic route. Plus, it was shorter, this isn't about the game so much as about Rei and his dilemma I guess.

I love the moment when he tells what he feels about playing Shogi and then laments his inability to articulate it in precise words.

Cornbread78

The Count of Monte Cristo Episode 20- END
Cvsi6c2.jpg

Damn, now that was a great way to close everything out. Although, 1 extra scene with
Albert and Eugenia reuniting and embracing
would have been preferred, however, they went the artistic route and just showed him
running to her once he heard her playing the song she wrote for him
.. I know, subtle ending are often better ones..

Either way, the
Count still got his full retribution after all was said and done and Albert and Haidee lived on to fullfill their life journy's in their own ways.

Overall, this was a great adaptation and translation of the original, classic novel in anime form.

Just T

3-gatsu no Lion: 9

Hmm thought it would be a different type of episode, when they go full on into comedy I don't think it works out well but this still had some nice moments, especially that last bit.

Cornbread78

WWW.Working ep.11
LOLOLOLOL. Damn, that was good! Who cares if the chocolate gag is overused when it produces results like that. Thus show has been a little less vonsistent that Poco's Udon, but it's been one of thd tops for me this season as a pure comedy and sometimes romcom...

Thoraxes

Sound! Euphonium 2 - Episode 10

hhhjdpws.png

Previous S2 Eupho review(s):
Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05 Part 1 and Part 2
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09

I ended up making a blog as a unified location for all these Eupho writeups (cause it's hard to keep track of 13 posts for many people), so if you want a single place to check for these posts, or an easy way to refer people to them, they're at https://thoraxes.wordpress.com/
Also a link to the neogaf post with the URLs for all 13 Season 1 episodes is here.

- Starting out the episode with the solo. Looks like the whole thing with Asuka really got to Kumiko. For her playing to have that kind of effect on her is something else.

eupho1hoopz.png

- When the group convenes, it's good that Kumiko didn't lie about it. That would've caused a whole other mess of trouble. It's good seeing Kaori and Haruka finally want to get more directly involved. Kaori has been meddling indirectly, but hopefully she jumps into the fray and gets a little more direct. Haruka too. The station stuff they mentioned was interesting.

- Reina missing in action? Is the Taki stuff from the previous episode going to come around now?

- This scene between Mamiko and Kumiko is so good. Finally a more lengthy conversation between the two of them, and one that doesn't involve the shouting Kumiko did when she called Mamiko out while she was ill. I wonder how Mamiko is going to reconcile with her parents? The cooking is obviously the first step, but to what extent?

eupho295qc1.png

- Her motivations, observations, and feelings towards Kumiko are all pretty well-elaborated here. The whole visual metaphor with washing the pot plays well into the conversation without feeling too forced, and helps elaborate a sense of depth to the feelings at the same time keeping the conversation interesting. The body language really coveys the rest of the picture.

eupho39dqxu.png

- I wonder if Kumiko is actually sad about Mamiko leaving? Her expression and tone of voice didn't match the word spoken. Sibling stuff can be hard for people to understand if you've never had one, but this whole conversation feels really genuine. I totally get this scene, how it's all playing out, and the emotions between the two of them.

- It's good that Mamiko is going to see the Nationals performance. Kind of a nice resolution to the whole music/selfishness beef between the two.

- Ahhh all the memories and her feelings are finally hitting her. The sound of her muffling her crying on the train and her trying to hide it is just so sad ;_;
I'm the older sibling in my family, so I can't entirely relate to Kumiko in this scene, but the place that she's coming from is just a really personal place. That sense of detachment from someone you love when they move away, or leave your life by some distance is all too familiar. She loves her sister a lot, and it's heartbreaking for her to see her go. Great VA-work in this scene to really help it hit home. I like how she checks her eyes with the mirror before going on with her day.

eupho4bcrw9.png

- Oh, this is happening sooner than I thought. The parallels between Mamiko and Asuka are too obvious for Kumiko to ignore. I hope she figures out a way to change this situation. Going to her class to get to her directly is a nice change of pace for Kumiko, considering the more roundabout and non-confrontational methods she's done before. It's cool to see her start to be more assertive with her own feelings towards others. Also the height difference between the two was something I didn't notice much before.

- Listening to Asuka bob and weave between being genuine, putting up a facade, removing herself from the situation, blaming others, and acting slightly haughty is almost dizzying. Maybe it's a sign she's finally cracking?

eupho5o0pw4.png

- Asuka's even firing shots at Kumiko about the Mizore thing too. It was something we all thought about, how she was basically an observer. To see Asuka call that out how it happened rather than how others interpreted it is something else, and it's refreshing that someone didn't fluff up her involvement like others did. Also is kind of nice for someone to be so aware of it all. I thought maybe they kind of just decided that everyone thought Kumiko was the hero, and maybe that was a flaw of the writing, but to know that someone saw through that, and calls her out on it no less, really grounds the way things actually happened in a way I did not expect. Everyone propped her up as a hero, but to what ends? To give her confidence to get Asuka back? To give someone credit for fixing the Mizore situation? Did they know they were lying or did they just not know how those situations resolved themselves? Asuka's point of view calls all these things into question now (says a lot about group dynamics), and is very cool.

eupho68qovj.png

- But jeez, Asuka is cold as ice here. Wow. She talked big about Kumiko's personality last episode, but to see her shoot through it as a defense mechanism of her own is another thing. Kumiko is shook.

eupho7i8rpd.png
eupho8u5qn6.png

eupho98xpkk.png
eupho10evqvh.png

- Hoooooly cow. I don't think much needs to be said about Kumiko's emotional explosion. All it took was her honesty to get her feelings through to Asuka. Exasperated by the situation with her sister no doubt, it was great to finally see her meddle directly instead of just being an observer, or a nebulous third-party. When she calls Asuka out for acting like an adult, and then goes on with the high-school student thing was great. Then calling her out for backing down on her motivations? Really good.

- Asuka finally cracked a little, and though we weren't treated to her crying face like Kumiko, the voice, the legs (window to the soul they say) and the "family curse" said it all. The cuts getting shorter in succession as she "throws" each metaphorical punch really give momentum and a sense of poignancy to the delivery of Kumiko's dialogue as it reaches its conclusion. I like while Asuka is holding Kumiko's head down, the angle of the shot is just enough to see Asuka blinking. Instead of it just being a still shot, that movement helps it make like time is moving, but the moment is lasting forever as they're in that position for a little bit. For once, Asuka appeared genuinely touched that someone else cares about her that much. Phenomenal VA performances. What a scene.

eupho11zoqy6.png
eupho12gqpho.png

eupho143erqf.png
eupho15f7r7m.png

- I guess Reina's stuff is up next? I wonder if it's her family stuff, Taki stuff, or a mixture of both? I know the issue of Reina's dad and Taki was brought up last season with the solo auditions, so maybe more of that relationship will get explored.

- Shuuichi cameo for the week. He still can't get her to talk to him. I'm sliiiiightly wondering if they'll get to Kumiko's avoidance of him. Like, is it because she knows he's got a crush on her and she isn't interested, or what?

- Yes, yes. Fill me with the lifeblood of the 2D instruments.

- Yeeeeeesssssssss! Asuka is back. The emotions on her and Kumiko's faces say it all. What a heck of an ending to this whole situation. The bond they've made is so good, and it feels earned after all of this. I'm glad they both were able to open up to each other.

eupho164gqdi.png
eupho17ucr31.png
eupho18djper.png

- That Reina cold gaze at the end sure was intriguing. I wonder what it means (besides the fact that it's her default demeanor)? Maybe Kumiko's new confidence will lead her to resolve whatever Reina has going on, hands-on.

eupho19feoag.png

Quite an enjoyable episode, and a satisfying end to something that's been alluded to since the first season. The character growth shown by Kumiko since the start of the series has been really enjoyable to watch. The growing pains of adolescence are different for everyone, and while her's weren't terribly dire, she seemed to be moving towards a more dull existence without band. The relationships she has with all the club members and the experiences those people involved her in have really helped her grow as an individual, and it's been satisfying to watch her grow as a person, but also the people around her. Bands are a fun community to be a part of, like a family. That's something this show gets.

AOTY contestant(not ranked)
3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Bungou no Stray Dogs
7. Kiznaiver
----------------------
Summer top10
No Love Live! Sunshine!! 😞; No Flip Flappers 😭; Jojo in dead last 😨; NO MOB FUCKING PSYCHO 100 😬 😡!
Incredibly detestable list.

I think it's plain to conclude that A-1(Erased, SAO, GATE) is the anime studio equivalent of Michael Bay.

Wanderer5

3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Bungou no Stray Dogs
7. Kiznaiver
----------------------
Summer top10

Wow at Bungou Stray Dogs being that high. Too bad there no Mob Psycho 100.:(

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 44

Kids are cute, the episode, round 2. Between Cinderella, student council election, and this, suddenly we're getting a lot of Smile retreads. Hey Oruba, now would be a good chance to crush them when they're helpless. And he's supposed to be the competent one. The legendary magicians, almost crushed to death by a giant pancake. I bet that won't make it into the history books. I do like how Riko managed to stay the most mature. Wow, that ordinary turtle just beat up a shark 10 times bigger than it. Turtle guy should stay in his regular form. He's way stronger that way. Batty is still the best villain. So Oruba was trying to turn Kotoha back into her goddess form. That seems... unwise, even if it is for research.

Magic-Kyun! Renaissance Episode 11 – You Are the Prince of Destiny
Czai307XEAAVNk5.jpg:small
CzajMWcWIAA4nDL.jpg:small

Prince auditions were great. Tatewaki and Money had the best kiss scenes, though Sumi was actually great too, KENN was so emotional and it all felt really hearteflt.

TrueBlue

Sound! Euphonium 2 - Episode 10

hhhjdpws.png

Previous S2 Eupho review(s):
Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05 Part 1 and Part 2
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09

I ended up making a blog as a unified location for all these Eupho writeups (cause it's hard to keep track of 13 posts for many people), so if you want a single place to check for these posts, or an easy way to refer people to them, they're at https://thoraxes.wordpress.com/
Also a link to the neogaf post with the URLs for all 13 Season 1 episodes is here.

- Starting out the episode with the solo. Looks like the whole thing with Asuka really got to Kumiko. For her playing to have that kind of effect on her is something else.

eupho1hoopz.png

- When the group convenes, it's good that Kumiko didn't lie about it. That would've caused a whole other mess of trouble. It's good seeing Kaori and Haruka finally want to get more directly involved. Kaori has been meddling indirectly, but hopefully she jumps into the fray and gets a little more direct. Haruka too. The station stuff they mentioned was interesting.

- Reina missing in action? Is the Taki stuff from the previous episode going to come around now?

- This scene between Mamiko and Kumiko is so good. Finally a more lengthy conversation between the two of them, and one that doesn't involve the shouting Kumiko did when she called Mamiko out while she was ill. I wonder how Mamiko is going to reconcile with her parents? The cooking is obviously the first step, but to what extent?

eupho295qc1.png

- Her motivations, observations, and feelings towards Kumiko are all pretty well-elaborated here. The whole visual metaphor with washing the pot plays well into the conversation without feeling too forced, and helps elaborate a sense of depth to the feelings at the same time keeping the conversation interesting. The body language really coveys the rest of the picture.

eupho39dqxu.png

- I wonder if Kumiko is actually sad about Mamiko leaving? Her expression and tone of voice didn't match the word spoken. Sibling stuff can be hard for people to understand if you've never had one, but this whole conversation feels really genuine. I totally get this scene, how it's all playing out, and the emotions between the two of them.

- It's good that Mamiko is going to see the Nationals performance. Kind of a nice resolution to the whole music/selfishness beef between the two.

- Ahhh all the memories and her feelings are finally hitting her. The sound of her muffling her crying on the train and her trying to hide it is just so sad ;_;
I'm the older sibling in my family, so I can't entirely relate to Kumiko in this scene, but the place that she's coming from is just a really personal place. That sense of detachment from someone you love when they move away, or leave your life by some distance is all too familiar. She loves her sister a lot, and it's heartbreaking for her to see her go. Great VA-work in this scene to really help it hit home. I like how she checks her eyes with the mirror before going on with her day.

eupho4bcrw9.png

- Oh, this is happening sooner than I thought. The parallels between Mamiko and Asuka are too obvious for Kumiko to ignore. I hope she figures out a way to change this situation. Going to her class to get to her directly is a nice change of pace for Kumiko, considering the more roundabout and non-confrontational methods she's done before. It's cool to see her start to be more assertive with her own feelings towards others. Also the height difference between the two was something I didn't notice much before.

- Listening to Asuka bob and weave between being genuine, putting up a facade, removing herself from the situation, blaming others, and acting slightly haughty is almost dizzying. Maybe it's a sign she's finally cracking?

eupho5o0pw4.png

- Asuka's even firing shots at Kumiko about the Mizore thing too. It was something we all thought about, how she was basically an observer. To see Asuka call that out how it happened rather than how others interpreted it is something else, and it's refreshing that someone didn't fluff up her involvement like others did. Also is kind of nice for someone to be so aware of it all. I thought maybe they kind of just decided that everyone thought Kumiko was the hero, and maybe that was a flaw of the writing, but to know that someone saw through that, and calls her out on it no less, really grounds the way things actually happened in a way I did not expect. Everyone propped her up as a hero, but to what ends? To give her confidence to get Asuka back? To give someone credit for fixing the Mizore situation? Did they know they were lying or did they just not know how those situations resolved themselves? Asuka's point of view calls all these things into question now (says a lot about group dynamics), and is very cool.

eupho68qovj.png

- But jeez, Asuka is cold as ice here. Wow. She talked big about Kumiko's personality last episode, but to see her shoot through it as a defense mechanism of her own is another thing. Kumiko is shook.

eupho7i8rpd.png
eupho8u5qn6.png

eupho98xpkk.png
eupho10evqvh.png

- Hoooooly cow. I don't think much needs to be said about Kumiko's emotional explosion. All it took was her honesty to get her feelings through to Asuka. Exasperated by the situation with her sister no doubt, it was great to finally see her meddle directly instead of just being an observer, or a nebulous third-party. When she calls Asuka out for acting like an adult, and then goes on with the high-school student thing was great. Then calling her out for backing down on her motivations? Really good.

- Asuka finally cracked a little, and though we weren't treated to her crying face like Kumiko, the voice, the legs (window to the soul they say) and the "family curse" said it all. The cuts getting shorter in succession as she "throws" each metaphorical punch really give momentum and a sense of poignancy to the delivery of Kumiko's dialogue as it reaches its conclusion. I like while Asuka is holding Kumiko's head down, the angle of the shot is just enough to see Asuka blinking. Instead of it just being a still shot, that movement helps it make like time is moving, but the moment is lasting forever as they're in that position for a little bit. For once, Asuka appeared genuinely touched that someone else cares about her that much. Phenomenal VA performances. What a scene.

eupho11zoqy6.png
eupho12gqpho.png

eupho143erqf.png
eupho15f7r7m.png

- I guess Reina's stuff is up next? I wonder if it's her family stuff, Taki stuff, or a mixture of both? I know the issue of Reina's dad and Taki was brought up last season with the solo auditions, so maybe more of that relationship will get explored.

- Shuuichi cameo for the week. He still can't get her to talk to him. I'm sliiiiightly wondering if they'll get to Kumiko's avoidance of him. Like, is it because she knows he's got a crush on her and she isn't interested, or what?

- Yes, yes. Fill me with the lifeblood of the 2D instruments.

- Yeeeeeesssssssss! Asuka is back. The emotions on her and Kumiko's faces say it all. What a heck of an ending to this whole situation. The bond they've made is so good, and it feels earned after all of this. I'm glad they both were able to open up to each other.

eupho164gqdi.png
eupho17ucr31.png
eupho18djper.png

- That Reina cold gaze at the end sure was intriguing. I wonder what it means (besides the fact that it's her default demeanor)? Maybe Kumiko's new confidence will lead her to resolve whatever Reina has going on, hands-on.

eupho19feoag.png

Quite an enjoyable episode, and a satisfying end to something that's been alluded to since the first season. The character growth shown by Kumiko since the start of the series has been really enjoyable to watch. The growing pains of adolescence are different for everyone, and while her's weren't terribly dire, she seemed to be moving towards a more dull existence without band. The relationships she has with all the club members and the experiences those people involved her in have really helped her grow as an individual, and it's been satisfying to watch her grow as a person, but also the people around her. Bands are a fun community to be a part of, like a family. That's something this show gets.

You've probably heard this before, but these write-ups are great. I like the balance between your musings and the review itself, your experience with band/music being made evident. It's a nice personal touch.

Like, I look at these posts and question why I bother at times. :lol

Good stuff, I hope you continue to enjoy the series to its conclusion.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Fafner in the Azure (2004) EP1

You guys got me really curious on how a show can go to not good to great, so i will be watching this over the course of my vacation. The first episode wasn't bad. Just to be sure, the order is Fafner in the Azure > Right of Left > Heaven and Earth > Exodus?

Fafner in the Azure (2004) EP1

You guys got me really curious on how a show can go to not good to great, so i will be watching this over the course of my vacation. The first episode wasn't bad. Just to be sure, the order is Fafner in the Azure > Right of Left > Heaven and Earth > Exodus?

That is the correct order, yes. Worth noting that the original season had the final episode split into 2 for home releases, and Exodus has an extended version of the first episode with extra scenes.

Thoraxes

You've probably heard this before, but these write-ups are great. I like the balance between your musings and the review itself, your experience with band/music being made evident. It's a nice personal touch.

Like, I look at these posts and question why I bother at times. :lol

Good stuff, I hope you continue to enjoy the series to its conclusion.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for reading them! I don't really do this for any other series, but I like Eupho enough that I want to make the effort! That, and I realized a lot of people just didn't know a lot about instruments to know how much hard work is put into the show. The more I had fun with the show, the longer my writeups ended up getting, and it's always really fun for me to just sit down and jam out these writeups for a show I like.

I can't wait to see how it all ends!

:D

selector spread WIXOSS | 06 - 12

And I'm still wondering what fucking company made such a convoluted card game. Overall it was enjoyable with each episode trying to top the other ala Code Geass, however, with that said there's a bunch of plot holes to which I believe (atleast in my case) a big effort to suspend disbelief is required for this anime to be enjoyable, to name off a few:
- Mayu has magical/psychic powers because reasons.
- Mayu is depicted as a child whose lived her life from birth unto death in complete solitude because reasons.
- Multiple toys and eventually the WIXOSS card game was given to Mayu because reasons.
- Mayu can exist and operate her magical shit even when long dead because reasons.
- The people/company who made WIXOSS let the "trend" of Selector Battles happen because reasons.
- Kazuki accepts all of this a side character at the end without any resistance/questions because reasons.
- The foreshadowing by the Grandma regarding the "Pillar" amounts to nothing.

But for all its faults I found this anime ultimately a better "Madoka Magica clone" compared to the current airing Magical Girl Raising Project.

Now time to figure out if I should watch the movie or jump into the current airing season of WIXOSS hoping it doesn't have as many plot holes and confusion as the one(s) I just watched.

Sterok

selector spread WIXOSS | 06 - 12

Now time to figure out if I should watch the movie or jump into the current airing season of WIXOSS hoping it doesn't have as many plot holes and confusion as the one(s) I just watched.

The movie is more or less a recap movie of all of Selector with some extra scenes, mostly regarding Ulith. I think it's worth a watch, but you might want to wait a bit so that you aren't bored seeing mostly the same scenes all over again in a short time span.

The movie is more or less a recap movie of all of Selector with some extra scenes, mostly regarding Ulith. I think it's worth a watch, but you might want to wait a bit so that you aren't bored seeing mostly the same scenes all over again in a short time span.

Ah okay, I might as well jump into this current season's airing of WIXOSS and see how it fares.

3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Bungou no Stray Dogs
7. Kiznaiver
----------------------
Summer top10

Tales fans also have bad taste in anime? I'm shocked. Shocked!

Well, not that shocked.

Quasar

Pocos Udon World 10 - Lots of feels. Really liked this episode, maybe my favourite. Interesting that they let Poco manifest powers. Really wish I could read the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom