• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 MP Trailer- Gamescom!!

http://killzone.com/kz3/hub.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFzqlhlLr8 -- Youtube Version

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/17/killzone-3-gamescom-multiplayer-trailer/

First MP deets!
"Fresh from gamescom, a 26-strong fact blast on Guerrilla's latest Killzone sequel!

Hold tight!

Game Modes

* There are three game modes: Warzone, Operations, and Guerrilla Warfare. Operations is brand new.

Key Goals

* It's all about your play style, everyone from casual to veteran can play.
* There are colossal and immersive experiences that only the PS3 can offer.
* Rewritten matchmaking system. Now easier to find friends.
* Specific rewards. There's always something to earn no matter how many times you play the same level.
* Bots are bigger and better than ever before.
* Stay with your friends going game to game. There's just three simple and straightforward to getting into each multiplayer game.
* There's now a squad priority headset channel.
* There's now a squad member HUD.
* There are special squad rewards.
* The multiplayer is designed to be immersive and story driven!

Entirely Reworked Career System

* There asre five different careers/classes.
* There are six weapons per career.
* You can rank up and earn unlock points to select abilities and weapons.

New Medic Class Abilities

* The Medic has been revamped. Has a protector bot that follows him around.
* The Medic special ability called 'Survive Bleed Out'. He Can respawn right where he died.

Tactical Spawn Points

* New tactical spawn points can be claimed by Tacticians. These allow your team to spawn in better locations. Extremely useful on bigger maps and for ambushing/rushing to weapons. These can be claimed back by the other team if not held.

Spotlight Your Character

* If you score the most points/are the most valuable team member, your multiplayer character features in the cut-scenes so everyone knows it was you.
* Explosive events now affect entire levels. EMP that kills all jet packs etc. Nerve gas that blocks off certain areas of map.

3D/Move

* Full 3D and Move support. No compromises for multiplayer.

Website

* Fully integrated community website.
* Track friends' news first.
* Contribute to the Killzone franchise.
* Track rewards.

Tournaments

* Clans and tournaments are back - bigger and better than ever.
* Unranked practice games are included."

These are exciting times for Guerrilla. It only seems like a couple days ago that we showed you the first glimpse of Killzone 3’s campaign mode. But here we are, more than two months later, ready to give you an exclusive taste of the multiplayer mode ahead of our gamescom press demo.

Killzone 3’s multiplayer mode adds heaps of new features to the strong fundamentals laid by its predecessor, creating a fresh multiplayer experience that everyone can enjoy. It offers 2 new game modes, a new matchmaking system, vehicles, Brutal Melee attacks and more ranks, abilities and rewards than you can shake a stick at!

The trailer contains never-before-seen footage from one of the multiplayer levels, called Corinth Highway. It is situated on the edge of Pyrrhus, the city which was nuked by Visari in an attempt to decimate the occupying ISA Forces. Now, a handful of surviving ISA and Helghast troops find themselves fighting for every square inch of remaining infrastructure in this broken city, while on the other side of the Pyrrhus River a new theater of war is already developing. The Corinth River level demonstrates a number of exciting multiplayer features, including Exoskeletons – the first of several player-operable vehicles in Killzone 3.

From Seb Downie on the PS forums:

On an extended trailer
Thanks! And soon. SOON!

On faction specific mechs

1. Its the same base model, but lights change when occupied.

flying vehicles
2. No spoilers.

New classes

3. Its all change there. More will be trickling out over the days and months to come.

Engineers repairing vehicles

4. Currently no. May change however.

Maps with/ without vehicles

5. It will be a mix, yes.

WASP removable from turret
6. Currently no.

Medic revive and cool-down time

7. Depending on the Medics rank.

Crawl while mortally wouned
8. No.

Player Count

9. No: 24

Please note, this is all based on the implementation of the demo people are playing at Gamescom. Everything can change by release.
Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

Mechs, jetpacks, new scopes OMG:D :D :D

Arnie

Looks good. But nothing mindblowing.

I think we can assume attachments are in considering we saw an STA Rifle with some sort of Acog Scope and we also saw the Helghast rifle with a Red Dot scope too. Not too sure how I feel about the mechs, considering how poorly balanced the last game was.

TheFatOne said:
Like I said in the Sony thread K3 is going to be broken. Mechs in Mp going to be so much fun barf
Well it can be balanced if done correctly. Weaken the splash damage of rockets so it will only kill infantry without a 1.5 meter blast radius and then done you got yourself a wannabe engineer class from BFBC2.

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:
look at all dat lock on

Graphics look incredible tho, and there's a scope on the Sab's StA-14 interesting.

:lol :lol Call of killzone 3 confirmed

Crakatak187 said:
Well it can be balanced if done correctly. Weaken the splash damage of rockets so it will only kill infantry without a 1.5 meter blast radius and then done you got yourself a wannabe engineer class from BFBC2.

Sure it can be balanced. If a good MP developer was behind this game

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
PjotrStroganov said:
Maybe it's a specific gamemode. Prevent mech from destroying certain objective or something.

doesn't look like it. Look at the map on the screen with the mech. There are objective markers that are not the mech.

Dibbz

From the PS Blog

Killzone 3’s multiplayer mode adds heaps of new features to the strong fundamentals laid by its predecessor, creating a fresh multiplayer experience that everyone can enjoy. It offers two new game modes, a new matchmaking system, vehicles, Brutal Melee attacks and more ranks, abilities and rewards than you can shake a stick at!
New game modes could possibly be the mech stuff and thank god for matchmaking.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope they do an interview and detail some of the changes. It's kind of hard to see how everything comes together from the trailer. Looking good, though.

alr1ghtstart said:
doesn't look like it. Look at the map on the screen with the mech. There are objective markers that are not the mech.

You're right. I do think though, that it's only possible to use mechs at certain parts of the map.

I'm more cautious of Move causing balance issues than the inclusion of a mech.

Ikkarus

I can't see mech's being a problem as long as they are restricted to 1 or 2 maximum per map.

Screw the COD references I loved the trailer.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ooh, looks like you just have to shoot the driver out of the mech, then you can take it over.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Dubbedinenglish said:
There is also a fucking colossus machine walking in the background of the mech...Holy Shit!
Holy shit, just noticed that. I hope that plays a role in the game objective.

zlatko

Banned
I have wood. I can't wait! I really hope they do a beta for this game later this year. It'd be perfect timing to announce it next month at TGS, especially if they are going to release in February like planned. I was hoping to hear beta announcements here at Gamescon but no dice. :(

Does anyone have a YouTube link? The stream on their site is really choppy. At first I thought it was the framerate but it was just the player stuttering.

Mech combat could be badass.

Arnie

Thank god for matchmaking, but it better sort players by skill and not some arbitrary experience rank.

Still quite disappointing that most semi realistic multiplayer games nowadays settle for a weapon and perk unlock system as their main multiplayer shtick. Seeing Medal of Honour, Crysis 2 and this in the same day is jarring.

Not a fan of the +10. The chirp was good enough.

Top Bottom