• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump releases official statement on Muslim EO; calls it "extreme vetting"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement by Donald Trump said:
America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave.

We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror. To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting.

This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.

I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering.

Just posted on his official Facebook and linked to via his Twitter account a few minutes ago. It's officially titled "Statement Regarding Recent Executive Order Concerning Extreme Vetting", which is where I got the title from.

Lock if old.

bu bu bu Obama. Also this is "not about religion" after Giuliani confirmed Trump asked him how to do a muslim ban legally

commedieu

Banned
Get obamas dick out of your mouths. And it wasn't just surprise you're detained!!!!! Without even discussing shit with the dhs.

That will be the theme of this reich. But Obama did something sorta like this so.. cmon.

This is illegal and unacceptable for 1 day let alone 90.

gamz

He really thinks that people are protesting just because it's him. "Obama did the same thing" He's so fucking clueless!

He's a liar. The good thing is his actions contradict his words so no one other than his base is going to believe him anyway.

lol, definitely doesn't sound like him. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I assume he means "contempt" here.

1179177.gif

Extreme vetting.

Okay.

Then why are multiple college professors being detained or have already been deported? A Clemson professor was sent away with his fucking car still at the airport in the parking lot.

So we're they vetted? We're they seem as threats?

Oh right, they are brown.

That's why.

You do have to admit this is pretty glorious spin I can alreay hear the "well its not a muslim ban and even obama" from people who don't actually follow the news and only read headlines, then claim I'm a libtard (despite being more conservative on a number of topics >_>)

Jumeira

Banned
But those with visas and Refugee status have already been vetted! Over a year's worth of checks. And why blanket ban based on country? That's not helpful if you truly want to protect people, you end up playing to, and being manipulated by extremist! The good done to surpress militants in Iraq your about to undo, turn your back on people helping crush ISIS and thier kind, you should focus on the ideology not helpless victims.

daffy

Banned
wapo has an article detailing the differences between this and obama's action

mainly that obama's action did not ban or detain refugees or green card holders but was a result of terrorist activity in Kentucky that caused a six month slowdown in visa processing.

but of course trump's supporters will not allow this

Trump is the best recruitment tool radicalized Islamists have ever had.

Legit just doing this one week's worth of damage has probably added thousands more radicalized foot soldiers to their ranks. Simply because they feel there is no hope on doing otherwise.

jblank83

This would be a very good time for Obama to speak up.

I'd like to see him take a little time off.
He deserves it after 8 years of this bullshit.

The democratic majority of the nation, in numbers if not gerrymandered voting districts, should be able to handle themselves for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom