• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo increasing Switch production, preorders good

Cuburt

That's not good news, you guys, that's great news.

Isn't this this first worldwide simultaneous launch? Them increasing production according to preorder number to get them where they need them is a great sign.

watershed

Banned
Good luck. I hope Nintendo is accurately readind demand this time. It would be silly for them to increase production due to over estimating post launch purchase intent from consumers.

Bowl0l

That's not good news, you guys, that's great news.

Isn't this this first worldwide simultaneous launch? Them increasing production according to preorder number to get them where they need them is a great sign.
Not sure about it being a good news. In Asia, Maxshaft, subsidiary of Nintendo Japan released a mandate that:
Pay >= $410 bundle (1-2 Switch and Zelda) or preorder cancelled. We cannot replace 1-2 Switch with any other game.

noshten

Not sure about it being a good news. In Asia, Maxshaft, subsidiary of Nintendo Japan released a mandate that:
Pay >= $410 bundle (1-2 Switch and Zelda) or preorder cancelled. We cannot replace 1-2 Switch with any other game.

You also couldn't pre-order in certain stores in Japan without buying either 1-2 Switch or Zelda.

jdstorm

Banned
I gave it a try and nope :'( They don't ship to Mexico. Sighhhh. The waiting game to see if preorders go up soon here continues. This statement from Kimishima gives me a lil' bit of hope, lol.

Ever tried to get a Post Office box in a country they do ship too and then have the mail forwarded to your actual adress?

Genio88

Looks like Switch is sold out in America, Uk and Germany, thanks god i live in Italy and here there are still preorders available everywhere, won't be a problem here to buy one on day one

AdanVC

Ever tried to get a Post Office box in a country they do ship too and then have the mail forwarded to your actual adress?

That's actually a good idea! But it will take days, perhaps weeks to receive it and I would love to get it pretty much on day one! Lol. Guess I don't have any other option but wait till preorders go up here.

Nerazar

Yes, it is practically sold out in Germany if you don't want to pay the full price up front for pre-ordering or even a higher price. Places like buecher.de might have some stock left, but it would be silly to buy it there with a worse deal.

Shiggy

Yes, it is practically sold out in Germany if you don't want to pay the full price up front for pre-ordering or even a higher price. Places like buecher.de might have some stock left, but it would be silly to buy it there with a worse deal.

Well, when you can even still preorder it at Saturn, then it's far from sold out.

sense

They would have no problem selling ten million consoles in the first year or so. The question is will it continue at that pace or start to fall back. Since I am assuming for sure there will be a handheld only version of the switch, I think the system ltd would be 50 to 60 million which I guess is ok?

Lucifon

Looks like Switch is sold out in America, Uk and Germany, thanks god i live in Italy and here there are still preorders available everywhere, won't be a problem here to buy one on day one

Plenty of places to get launch day stock in the UK still, including Nintendo themselves.

Mithos

On topic: this is good news, not any real negative way to spin this, though some will try

And that one will be me, good news for Nintendo bad news for me, was hoping for a quick price reduction during 2017, might not happen now, ~us$420 (3700SEK) and possibly higher later this year, new taxes imposed, no thank you.

Unless ofc the upcoming 4 weeks produce myriad of AAA first and third party announcements I'm happy to hear/see.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
excellent!

montgomery-burns_promo_crop.png.CROP.original-original.png

i got my pre order in because the grey model was available again on amazon. neon seems to be most popular unless they just made less? i kinda want a neon now!

Peléo

They would have no problem selling ten million consoles in the first year or so. The question is will it continue at that pace or start to fall back. Since I am assuming for sure there will be a handheld only version of the switch, I think the system ltd would be 50 to 60 million which I guess is ok?

If the Switch sells more than 60 million, it becomes the second best selling home console in Nintendo history, only behind the Wii. On the other hand, 60 million would also be Nintendo's worst selling handheld.

I'm predicting 40-50 million, something between the N64 and the SNES.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For the whole of March it wouldn't be very good. I think Wii U did more than that.

WiiU launch during the Holiday, successor to their most successful console and launch with +20 games.

Switch selling much during the launch period wasnt a no brainer whenever they started production and planed for 2m units at launch.

-shadow-

That's good to hear. The NES Classic is still a mess to get for many. So hope they've learned and reacted fast enough.

Shiggy

Do saturn actually have allotments?
Here in Italy some store is not so reliable in those terms

Yes, but you can also just order it online on their website. Media Saturn is getting the largest supply of Switch systems in Germany.

gogogow

Do saturn actually have allotments?
Here in Italy some store is not so reliable in those terms

Some stores takes pre-orders BEFORE they get allotments from the manufacturer. Must be fun for some people to be put on a waiting list afterwards....

Given a launch early in the month and a worldwide launch, yes.

The PS4 sold 1 million units in its first 24 hours on Nov 15 launch, and added Europe and Australasia at the end of the month to reach 2.1 million by Dec 3. The Xbox One did the same (slightly more regions) and did 2 million in its first 18 days.

El Topo

Given a launch early in the month and a worldwide launch, yes.

The PS4 sold 1 million units in its first 24 hours. The Xbox One did the same (slightly more regions) and did 2 million in its first 18 days.

I think it was reasonable for them to be conservative, given the launch of 3DS and Wii U.

I never bought a WiiU because I could smell failure on it.

I smell success on the Switch. This console is going to make it.

I have nothing on Switch until more titles are announced, but I really do hope that it also replaces 3DS sooner than later.

I don't think there is any hype (except for Internet forums). We are 4-5 weeks before release and nobody talks about the Switch here.
I haven't seen any commercials either. Even the WiiU had more advertising. The Switch is going to tank pretty hard.

Top Bottom