• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes announced (mobile, f2p, screens, trailer, character vote, more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouichi

My final ballot

Cs8w0IF.jpg

Had to end it the way I started. I also through in Saber at the end because I like his new design in Echoes. He looks like he'll he a cool character.

Forkball

gsk2Ez6.png

vbhSLbB.png

I highly doubt the top twenty will change though. Maybe some might move up and down, but I don't know if a new character will sneak in there.

Shoyz

I hope orbs are farmable rather than an exhaustible resource once you clear all the missions. I hate gacha games where you have no means of farming extra spins. Previews aren't sounding too promising on this front.

NSESN

I really hope Nintendo releases the full ranking because it would give a good notion of the popularity of each game of the franchise.

- Spend orbs in the castle to unlock things, very likely it will be used to increase the maximum amount of characters you can have.
Upgrade castle and expand barracks are separate options. The barracks seems to have 200 slots though. Which reminds me I'm also left wondering what exactly one does with duplicate unit pulls (assuming I the pull in one of the Japanese impressions was that).

"It replenishes over time at a rate of about one point per hour to a total of 50". Guess this is a mistake in the article since Polygon said about 5 minutes (which would be 12 per hour) and I've not seen a single screenshot with more than 04:XX on the clock.

I hope orbs are farmable rather than an exhaustible resource once you clear all the missions. I hate gacha games where you have no means of farming extra spins. Previews aren't sounding too promising on this front.
With DeNA at the Helm (or at least on the Bridge) and how well FFRK pulls this off (1.2 from daily log in, 13 from weekly event, 16 from monthly dungeon update*) I am hopeful though my gut feeling is it was lower in the early days (though then again dungeon updates had a lot more dungeons in them).

There does seem to be one orb from monthly quests (in the screenshot GameXplain took we saw KO 5 flying foes)

*-The best value pull is 50 (aside from the roughly monthly one time lucky draws which are 25) while here it appears to be 20 so I'd expect about 40% of those numbers.

Yui

All this Nowi hate is depressing.

I hope she's S-tier and the only S-tier available.

Watch her be a 5-Star/SSR/UR (whatever they are called here) "early bird login reward", sitting in everybody's present box at release and people will lose it.

Beckx

and voting done

my JP account fought the fight for Reina to the end

my NA account spread out across most of my favorite Fates characters

I would like for us all to acknowledge how awesome and perfect this Codename Steam style is for Arthur.

Not a 1-star* Arthur, smh But yes, that art style is perfect. lol Liking shots #2 and #3 a lot. #1 not HEROIC enough tho.

*(Wait, are there 1-stars? I only recall 3 through 5)

Draxal

Not a 1-star* Arthur, smh But yes, that art style is perfect. lol Liking shots #2 and #3 a lot. #1 not HEROIC enough tho.

*(Wait, are there 1-stars? I only recall 3 through 5)

Drops are capable of being one stars. Stahl in the direct was a one star and I've seen a one star Lissa from the preview videos posted today.

I was going to vote for a different character each time, but ended up voting for Hector 5 times after the initial results were released.

Drops are capable of being one stars. Stahl in the direct was a one star and I've seen a one star Lissa from the preview videos posted today.

I see, I see. Tempted to train up a 1-star unit all the way to 5-star just to see if they really do match up in the end. Little more work than training a 3-star though and I suppose I could just train a 4-star...

I see, I see. Tempted to train up a 1-star unit all the way to 5-star just to see if they really do match up in the end. Little more work than training a 3-star though and I suppose I could just train a 4-star...

I rather not grind much lol. but thinking back, grinding 1* character might be ok since you still need tons of sp to properly get skills etc. by the time that character is 5*, sp accumulated should be a lot.
btw, i'm not sure if I missed it in some of the previews, but do skills etc retained when ranking up characters?
Nothing to do now but wait and see just how shit the fandom's tastes are.
any result that you don't like will be shit to you anyway, why bother

I rather not grind much lol. but thinking back, grinding 1* character might be ok since you still need tons of sp to properly get skills etc. by the time that character is 5*, sp accumulated should be a lot.
btw, i'm not sure if I missed it in some of the previews, but do skills etc retained when ranking up characters?

At least from what I've heard from one place, yes, skills are kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom